Replections on today from the Night shift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replections on today from the Night shift

Best home performance of the season ? (I don't do too many anway games). I think so. Yes we've beaten better sides, but some of the passing and football on display was as good as I've seen this season. At half time I could not believe we were losing. We murdered them 0-1. Should have been 2 up, could have been 4 up. For a change, we all agreed in B&W club that we could still win. Didn't look likely at 0-2. But there is few more uplifting songs to sing than "2-0 and you eff'd it up".
    Difference today was the front 2 AND our wingers. HH held the ball up well, brought the wide men into play. Taarabt tried some clever touches/made some clever passes and does surprise defenders by trying the unexpected.
    I don't like the falling over, didn't with Ledesma either. And Di Carmine spends too much time on the floor for my liking. However, Taarabt "Show Pony" - Maybe but wasn't Marsh, Bowles, Currie, Stainrod, Gregory, Byrne, Wegerle and more recently Buzz. We celebrate them don't we ?
    Looking forward to reading the Sunday's for a change.

Cerny - GREAT save at the death. Looked genuinely peeved for their 1st, still not sure what happened.
    Ramage - Awful distribution, but fairly solid defensively bar a couple of errors.
    Stewart -Looked shakey at times. Great header for winner.
    Gorkss - Outstanding, most improved and possible PotY. When will he score ? Hope the head injury is not as serious as some are saying tonight.
    Connolly - Struggled badly on left early on. Got better, but doesn't seem his favoured or best suited position. Seemed keen to score 2nd half, a regular around their pen area.
    Lopez - Quality player, great passing over all distances. Possibly our best dead ball deliverer. Ran out of steam midway through 2nd half. Lack of action recently ? Deserves a contract next season.
    Mahon - Today, he was excellent. He does this occasionally, has great games, really useful for team, but it's a shame they stand out rather than be the norm. Brilliantly brave header for 2nd goal.
    Routledge - Thought he was fairly quiet 1st half. most attacks down the left, but did what he did well. 2nd half, came more into it. Great run through 3 defenders and shot for Vine's goal.
    Cook - His best game of the season, beat his man, linked well, good short range passing. 2 poor corners, 2 second chances, 2 great crosses, 2 goals. Well done, Lee.
    Helguson - Held the ball up really well, shame we persisted in long high balls to him sometimes, that's not his forte. Should have scored twice 1st half. Cramp for last 10 mins, more for lack of action recently but did run his legs off.
    Taarabt - Already discussed above. I was disappointed he was subbed, I thought he most looked like scoring for us. How wrong am I ? Vine came on and scored !
    Vine - Lifted the side, great link play. We've REALLY missed him.
    Ephraim - Huffed & puffed, but too light weight against big Wednesday side.
    Leigertwood - not on long, but did OK and passing was much better today.

So very pleasing after a traumatic week (not going there now, waiting for the dust to settle).....

Oh and Luton got relegated to the BSP today....DEEP JOY....hope Vine's not too upset.
Working...
X