Another great piece from Clive on Loftforwords

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
    I highlighted 34 bad buys before Gp even came to the club, in the same period.

If we hadn't shown great form in September and October (we did, despite what many say and in many games unlucky) you may have a point. He can only spend on the budget he has, we already know that we are not being given millions, so you can only deal with the amount you have. of course, we've had some bad buys/loans, but others have come in that should have done better.

The whole place has a negative feel, its not just down to one man as clive has highlighted.
    Yes your list of youth team players and trainees, people signed when we were skint in League One(how that can be compared to signings made after the takeover is beyond me...and 99.9% of the other members of this messageboard) was a good read LOL. You even had players signed in the 80's
    Many on your list was even brought in after Gianni came to the club.

Comment

Don't worry, i'll put my thinking cap on for more later on.

I'm not defending anyone..

You, yourself, say they are Division 1 players and you are not wrong, but many want their Rangers back and want to be watching those kind of players, you cannot have it both ways..
      ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

A good read but he misses out a vital point 5 THE FANS. the attitude of alot of the fans has become ridiculous and the no attendance is becoming a joke. tues day was a joke..
        he convieniently forgets the crowds role in dowies departure, chants of you don't know what you're doing 4-4-2 etc were in place as early as dowies fourth or fifth game, the underhand campain to get rid of sousa, the players basically did for magilton, and now with hart booing a home win not supporting the players or team by not turning up, the home atmosphere is poisonous at the moment, almost a will to fail, so that a holy than thou attitude can go, well there are ripping me off had they lowered the prices i will go..well the prices we low on tuesday..where were you?! oh the booking fee was to high..it was a bit wet..what next the toilet paper in the bogs scratches my #### at half time...its a 2 way street and we have to be seen to be doing our bit...and no i agree everything is't rosy in the garden and mistakes have been made but until we the fans take a part on the chin try to do something to better the atmosphere then things will never improve and players will not want to come here to b crucified every week.

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
          A good read but he misses out a vital point 5 THE FANS. the attitude of alot of the fans has become ridiculous and the no attendance is becoming a joke. tues day was a joke..
          he convieniently forgets the crowds role in dowies departure, chants of you don't know what you're doing 4-4-2 etc were in place as early as dowies fourth or fifth game, the underhand campain to get rid of sousa, the players basically did for magilton, and now with hart booing a home win not supporting the players or team by not turning up, the home atmosphere is poisonous at the moment, almost a will to fail, so that a holy than thou attitude can go, well there are ripping me off had they lowered the prices i will go..well the prices we low on tuesday..where were you?! oh the booking fee was to high..it was a bit wet..what next the toilet paper in the bogs scratches my #### at half time...its a 2 way street and we have to be seen to be doing our bit...and no i agree everything is't rosy in the garden and mistakes have been made but until we the fans take a part on the chin try to do something to better the atmosphere then things will never improve and players will not want to come here to b crucified every week.
          Well said mate, too many are quick to make jibes about almost everthing but the one thing they don't do is support the team. We were not crap on Tuesday as many find it convenient to say but that doesn't seem to fit in with the 'lets blame Hart' and therfore Palidini and FB. I can't do anything about FB or Paladini, as I can not buy them out, All that I can do is support the team. Not because I am looking through Rose tinted glasses, but because that is all I can do to try and help the 11 players in Hoops to win a game, which is why I go to games to see QPR win
          RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
            Don't worry, i'll put my thinking cap on for more later on.

I'm not defending anyone..

You, yourself, say they are Division 1 players and you are not wrong, but many want their Rangers back and want to be watching those kind of players, you cannot have it both ways..
            You have a thinking cap? Should use it more ;)

My point is this. You bring a list of crap players from when we had no money and played in League One. How on earth can you compare them to players beeing brought in after the takeover? Hope we have raised our expectations??? People don't want Brett Angell back, they want the club they once felt connected to back. Good luck with the rest of your list, atleast try and keep out trainees and youth team players this time

Comment

I think Clive's piece was the best article I've seen on the current state of affairs at QPR I've seen for some time. The guy is quality. IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by RussRanger View Post
                I think Clive's piece was the best article I've seen on the current state of affairs at QPR I've seen for some time. The guy is quality. IMO.
                Couldn't agree more

Comment

the point he made about hh going to watford is spot on. If we are going to play long why loan out the only forward we have who can head a ball. Every yhrow we had the other night went long down the touch line aimed at aggy and we never won one of them

Comment

Originally posted by old school qpr View Post
                    the point he made about hh going to watford is spot on. If we are going to play long why loan out the only forward we have who can head a ball. Every yhrow we had the other night went long down the touch line aimed at aggy and we never won one of them
                    Maybe because he was crucified by the fans last time he wore a blue and white shirt and may not actually want to be here anymore.. i think i would 'nt want to work somewhere where i get so much stick!

Comment

So let me get this right. He is furious with Flavio for sacking so many managers. Now he is even more furious with Flavio for not sacking Hart. Oh, and he is furious that we are bothering about signing more players when we have plenty of good ones here. But he also wants us to sign more players. Sounds like a typically confused, contrary QPR fan to me.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                        So let me get this right. He is furious with Flavio for sacking so many managers. Now he is even more furious with Flavio for not sacking Hart. Oh, and he is furious that we are bothering about signing more players when we have plenty of good ones here. But he also wants us to sign more players. Sounds like a typically confused, contrary QPR fan to me.
                        Sorry, Stainrod - you're user name is spot on, you usually make sense, but the article is pretty clear to me and not at all contrary.

Suggest that you read it a bit more carefully this time...:embarrassed:

Comment

I love clive's piece,,,,,,:red_heart:

Comment

Working...
                          X