The flavio divert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The flavio divert

Is it just me or is there a feeling on this board at the minute that the flavio spinmill is underway? It appears that flavio is taking the blame from certain sections of our fanbase for the clubs demise. I read certain posters suggesting that flavio chooses the players that we sign, he won't spend any money, he sacked dowie, It's flavios club etc etc and i get an impression that this is the start of a campaign to divert Gianni's incompetence and shift the blame onto flavio, particularly his lack of recent spending.

At the end of the day, flavio has taken advice from gianni, someone he has put alot of trust in. Flavio has invested alot of money into the club and as we all know, it's mostly been wasted.

I will not defend the alienation of fans or boutique branding, but i strongly believe he has been ill advised on alot of aspects that are wrong at the club.

Whether flav sells or stays, we can't deny he has not spent money. The thing is, it's not been spent wisely and the Director of football is the man who has to carry the can

Originally posted by terry ball View Post
    Is it just me or is there a feeling on this board at the minute that the flavio spinmill is underway? It appears that flavio is taking the blame from certain sections of our fanbase for the clubs demise. I read certain posters suggesting that flavio chooses the players that we sign, he won't spend any money, he sacked dowie, It's flavios club etc etc and i get an impression that this is the start of a campaign to divert Gianni's incompetence and shift the blame onto flavio, particularly his lack of recent spending.

At the end of the day, flavio has taken advice from gianni, someone he has put alot of trust in. Flavio has invested alot of money into the club and as we all know, it's mostly been wasted.

I will not defend the alienation of fans or boutique branding, but i strongly believe he has been ill advised on alot of aspects that are wrong at the club.

Whether flav sells or stays, we can't deny he has not spent money. The thing is, it's not been spent wisely and the Director of football is the man who has to carry the can

Think you know I'm not here to spin for Flav or GP or anyone else.

End of the day, I look at things from one perspective, where QPR and its success is the sole priority.

I've always acknowledged that Flav has spent plenty, maybe not as much as some want, but that's by the by. It's his money, he's the owner and ultimately the buck stops with him. If he thinks that things have progressed in line with his expectations, that's his prerogative. If he thinks that they haven't, then he needs to identify the reasons why, and get them fixed.

No doubt that as GP does most of the day to day running of the club, it's him that Flav looks to for answers. The additional issue, which I touched on in another thread, is the cost of removing and replacing GP. Many think he's coining it here, looked at from the point of view of a CEO's salary at any other business of a similar size, I'd say GP is pretty cheap.

Bottom line, if it isn't right, it's Flav's responsibility to sort it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bernie's Barnet View Post
      Think you know I'm not here to spin for Flav or GP or anyone else.

End of the day, I look at things from one perspective, where QPR and its success is the sole priority.
      I've always acknowledged that Flav has spent plenty, maybe not as much as some want, but that's by the by. It's his money, he's the owner and ultimately the buck stops with him. If he thinks that things have progressed in line with his expectations, that's his prerogative. If he thinks that they haven't, then he needs to identify the reasons why, and get them fixed.

No doubt that as GP does most of the day to day running of the club, it's him that Flav looks to for answers. The additional issue, which I touched on in another thread, is the cost of removing and replacing GP. Many think he's coining it here, looked at from the point of view of a CEO's salary at any other business of a similar size, I'd say GP is pretty cheap.

Bottom line, if it isn't right, it's Flav's responsibility to sort it.
      Define success. Solely promotion or a proper football club rather than a brand with nothing beneath it?

Flav should sort it. GP gone, whatever it costs.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
        Define success. Solely promotion or a proper football club rather than a brand with nothing beneath it?

Flav should sort it. GP gone, whatever it costs.
        Success at every level. On the pitch. Off the pitch. Branding. Commercial. Youth setup. Happy fanbase, sold out signs. Stability. You name it, whatever definition of success you could apply to a football club, that's what I want for us.

Here's one for you: if GP was sacked and replaced by another Sporting Director, would we be any better off?

Comment

only one way to find out

Comment

TerryBall, think you are mistaken. Many people I speak to that don;t go on messageboards, blame Flavio. Ultimately he holds all the aces.

Messageboards/certain boards have been anti GP since he tookover and especially when he brought Dunga over to win control. So its been going on for years

Reality is, we have been made into a boutique club, not playing boutique football. For the first time Last night I paid for the Platinum area (yes I paid for the ticket) to see what all the fuss was about.. I was surrounded by supporters who obviously don't go very often and a little upper class to say the least. I'm not adverse to a bit of upper class, but our club is more working class and the general groans about our club are more in relation to the cost involved watching us and Flavio being the head figure of our club.

I'm not going to attack or defend anyone, but in the real world of fans those are the real issues
            ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
            THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
              TerryBall, think you are mistaken. Many people I speak to that don;t go on messageboards, blame Flavio. Ultimately he holds all the aces.

Messageboards/certain boards have been anti GP since he tookover and especially when he brought Dunga over to win control. So its been going on for years

Reality is, we have been made into a boutique club, not playing boutique football. For the first time Last night I paid for the Platinum area (yes I paid for the ticket) to see what all the fuss was about.. I was surrounded by supporters who obviously don't go very often and a little upper class to say the least. I'm not adverse to a bit of upper class, but our club is more working class and the general groans about our club are more in relation to the cost involved watching us and Flavio being the head figure of our club.

I'm not going to attack or defend anyone, but in the real world of fans those are the real issues
              Pete, you are correct, flavio does hold the aces and as you speak to more fans than myself, I can't really argue that the majority don't blame flavio.
              I did say that i will not defend the boutique or his alienation of fans.

The one area where he comes in for alot of unjustifiable criticism, is how the money has been spent on the playing and managerial staff. As i said, as he has given the responsibility of contracts and transfers to the director of football, Surely then the director of football should be held accountable when players and managers consistently fail to meet the required standards?

Comment

The Sporting Director role is un-necessary and should be scrapped.

Comment

IMO the Team Manager of any club should be the "Director of Football" - they way we are heading, we will need a Hoofball Director. Last night, we started brightly and if we had scored 1st, we may won the game BUT that would only paper over the major issues that lie deep within our once proud club, at present, we are a shambles and a laughing stock but us true fans are not laughing anymore, I do not have the answers but a lot of the problems all point in the same direction.
                  Quand le chat n'est pas la ses souris dansent !

Comment

Originally posted by uncletom View Post
                    IMO the Team Manager of any club should be the "Director of Football" - they way we are heading, we will need a Hoofball Director. Last night, we started brightly and if we had scored 1st, we may won the game BUT that would only paper over the major issues that lie deep within our once proud club, at present, we are a shambles and a laughing stock but us true fans are not laughing anymore, I do not have the answers but a lot of the problems all point in the same direction.

That's the thing that gets me mate, a select few on here are just willing to paper over the cracks rather than strip back and start afresh

Comment

Working...
                    X