No announcement yet.

How far has the side come?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The more signings, the more agents fees.

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
      Not sure what your point is??? But on that date we were still 19th and we were thrashed but the core of the team is still the team today. Lots of players have been brought in unneccessarily and we've not progressed.

Why when you already have Leigertwood, Mahon, Buzsaky and Rowlands who all play centre midfield does the club sign Tomassi and Parejo? Why when we have Vine, Ephraim, Rowlands, Ainsworth and Buzsaky do the club sign Alberti and Ledesma? Regardless of how well/not well these players went onto play were they even needed in the first place?

Hindsight is obviously a wonderful thing but we should have looked at the core team who were playing well under De Canio and strengthened the weak areas.

Instead we signed players for the sake of doing so. For example, why sign an unknown, unexperienced foreigner from Italy when we could have signed someone like Clinton Morrison?
      This is my view,

Alberti & Ledesma were genuine players who were brought in as potential investment, and who knows with the correct coaching it could had worked...

Parejo was one of those players who looked and sounded top notch along the lines of "he is the best up and coming midfield player in spain, he will be playing in the real madrid 1st team within 2 years etc".. so again it sounded good and exciting... but it didn't work.

I guess what has been more annoying is as you mentioned, Blackstock sold -not replaced, Camp sold - Not really replaced other than a 35year old has been, which will soon need replacing.

Then of course there is the mediocure players we sign and still being linked to which quite frankly has no significance or any sign of improvement, such as Ikeme, Quashie, Folan, Adebola, Fallon, Faye, Ashdown, Cousins, etc... none of which really excite me or can I see improve the side and thats the problem we should really be investing in a few top players now pushing for top 2, but instead it looks like the season is over and we are just consolidating by signing any old player to get us through and await for next season.

So no progress made upon last season, so disappointing...:very_sad:

PS Ikeme is 4th choice keeper, why sign him for 1 month? at least loan someone for a few months.

Comment

I honestly think that De Carmine would have played better with Simpson than any of our current strikers do. But playing alone up front didn't work for him.
        We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are...

Comment

Working...
        X