Rumour about QPR spending

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Captain Clunge View Post
    Not 100% sure, but I think it's actually 2,000 million, as in the US billion.

As for their motivations and intentions, at the end of the day, they're minority shareholders, with little influence on what actually happens, hence their possible reluctance to invest. Neither LM/AB or BE are shy when it comes to investing in something that will give them personally a return. But this is obviously the FB/GP show, so dont expect any brash gestures of oppulance in the near future from our really wealthy minority shareholders.
    The real issue is whether Bernie, or more likely Mittal/Bhatia, would step forward if and when Flav runs out of cash and needs to sell.

AB certainly spent plenty of time getting to understand the business when he arrived, I've no idea if he has continued to do so in the last 6-9 months, but it didn't seem to me it was a question of doing so cos he had nothing better to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Bernie's Barnet View Post
      Simple maths.

Flav worth £75-100m when he took over. If he's like most of the rest of the world, his assets would have about halved in value since. Now about £35-50m.

He's put in at least £20m so far, and it's reasonable to assume not all his assets would be liquid. Now he's lost his Renault income, good chance he is actually struggling to make ends meet.

Said it again and again and again. Even at CCC level, if you haven't got at least £100m to throw at it that you don't need to see again anytime soon, you've no business owning a football club.

I don't believe he can carry on supporting the club on his own. I don't believe he'll have any other choice but to sell up if we don't get promotion (hence Paul hart's six month contract maybe?).
      Has he? I thought the only money being spent was just being added to the clubs debt.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Clunge View Post
        Not 100% sure, but I think it's actually 2,000 million, as in the US billion.

As for their motivations and intentions, at the end of the day, they're minority shareholders, with little influence on what actually happens, hence their possible reluctance to invest. Neither LM/AB or BE are shy when it comes to investing in something that will give them personally a return. But this is obviously the FB/GP show, so dont expect any brash gestures of oppulance in the near future from our really wealthy minority shareholders.
        I am quite sure that a 1000m is a billion, Otherwise the media would be saying that Man City have spent around 2 billion in the 2009 - they have spent around 200 million.

Comment

Originally posted by waq View Post
          Has he? I thought the only money being spent was just being added to the clubs debt.
          Some of it is, some was invested as equity, but it's got to come from somewhere to start with. As the club itself doesn't have much in the way of assets, if Flav wants to recover what he has invested, he could sell his shares and ask the club to repay the money leant to it.

Very much doubt he could walk away now without a loss. It's a question of him realising that the size of that loss could potentially ruin him the longer he lets things go on as they are.

I think he is out of his depth financially. Unless of course, someone else is bankrolling him.

Comment

Working...
          X