Lets get back to discussing football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets get back to discussing football

I've argued with Pete and many others about Paladini, the board and everything else negative surrounding QPR but I think some of the arguing recently has got out of hand. We are all QPR fans and we all want what's best for the club. We've a match tonight so lets start discussing the club again.

I'll start by asking some straightforward questions:

1) If you could have one ex QPR player in this current side who would it be and why?
    2) If you could sign just one current player (no budget restraint) who would it be and why?
    3) If you could sign just one Championship player who would it be and why?
    4) If you could play any formation what would it be and why?
    5) If you could appoint any manager who would it be and why?

1) If you could have one ex QPR player in this current side who would it be and why?

Danny ****tu for me as he is a vast improvement on Damon Stewart. He is brilliant in the air and also has good pace that would complement Gorkks lack of it. Also he would help us to stop conceding from set pieces.

2) If you could sign just one current player (no budget restraint) who would it be and why?
    That player would be Kitson. I rate him highly and I think 2.5m would sign him and is realistic so not a silly answer. Proven in this division and will hold the ball up to bring in some good talented midfielders that we already have.

It would have to be a central midfielder and also a leader that would be captain material.
    As this question sounds like I could have anyone I would say Kevin Nolan although we do need a better defensive midfielder.

4 4 2 but we would need to improve on both of our full backs which is a big weakness.

Steve Coppell
    He would get kitson back on track and he would deal with some big ego's in the side.
    The man would be ideal but we would need a change upstairs as no one with there own opinions will get involved with GP and FB.
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Anyone see the boxing at the weekend?
      Your mum would love me...

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
        Anyone see the boxing at the weekend?
        ???????

Comment

Sir Les...best oplayer I have ever seen at QPR

Ibrahimovic...best centre forward in the world and would score 73 goals in the CCC

Joey Barton....A nasty CM we need

4-2-3-1 I like a bit of continental

Pep Gaurdiola....total football

Did I pass??
          @chrisrobson9

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
            ???????
            I'm just being childish as the topic was on getting back to football.

Comment

Ok but now fill out the questionaire, thanks.

Comment

Haha, I will do mate. Got a busy morning at work so I'll look at lunch as I've only got time for a couple of cheeky replies.

Comment

1) Ferdinand ? a goalscoring legend, but often needed Wilkins behind him geeing him up and stopping his head from dropping. So probably Clive Allen.
                  A case for Gerry Francis as an inspirational captain & leader.

2) Messi, but realistically probably Kitson is as good as we can hope for.
                  Forget £2.5M to buy, we'd not buy anyway as we won't pay his (alleged) 30k wages. So for now, a loan and half that. If we do wriggle into the Playoffs/Prem, re-consider buying.

3) Hooper probably most worth a punt.

4) 442, the english way. Everything else tends to be too complicated for the average footballer.

5) Curbishley, but he'd have to be convinced he'll have total control and I sincerely doubt that will happen whilst FB is about.

Comment

aren't fulham doing well?
                    AND chelsea are role models and playing sublime football
                    hows that for a football discussion

Comment

If we're talking ANY then I'm with Sir Les for obvious reasons.
                      If we're talking current players, the only two that really stick out are Crouch and ****tu. ****tu for the fact Stewart and Hall are pony and Crouch for his goals, albeit he's massively over rated.

Iniesta. Best player in the world. End of.

Tough choice, but Nolan for me. Ecellent player and scoring for fun in this division.

4-4-2. It's the best formation without a doubt.

Neil Warnock. For me, the best in this league. Forget your continental types, this guy may be a Roger Hunt, but I'd rather he was our Roger Hunt. No nonsence, old skool manager. Gets the best out of and average squad.

Comment

1) David Bardsley what a right back, and boy do we need one..
                        2) Steve Gerrard next to Mahon what a centre mid paring..
                        3) Mat Killgallon best c/b in the division and play him along side Connolly..
                        4) Always makes me laugh this, its as if its some sort of scientific conundrum. If players do there jobs and track back and win there individual battles the formation is irrelevant, watch in a game how many teams change shape as the game goes on..
                        5) Steve Bould going to be a great coach this one, and plays the game the way we like to see it, good with youngsters..

Comment

A) Sir Leslie Ferdinand

A) David Beckham - the greatest role model a young football player could ask for and seems to get the best out of others around him.

Kevin Nolan from Newcastle

A) 3-5-2 is the best formation for attacking football with the two wingers providing 4 in attack and 5 at the back.

A) Jose Mourhino - I like him, his style and his tactics.

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
                            I've argued with Pete and many others about Paladini, the board and everything else negative surrounding QPR but I think some of the arguing recently has got out of hand. We are all QPR fans and we all want what's best for the club. We've a match tonight so lets start discussing the club again.

I'll start by asking some straightforward questions:

1) If you could have one ex QPR player in this current side who would it be and why?Les Ferdinand
                            2) If you could sign just one current player (no budget restraint) who would it be and why? Drogba
                            3) If you could sign just one Championship player who would it be and why? Kevin Nolan, top class.
                            4) If you could play any formation what would it be and why? 4-4-2
                            5) If you could appoint any manager who would it be and why? Curbishley or Coppell. Proven at clubs our size. Immediate trust and respect, from Day One.
                            Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

Any ex player? has got to be Les Ferdinand as any out and out goalscorer is what you need to drag you out of this league

For me it would be someone like Palacious from Spurs, great holding midfielder who is very honest and hard working, no big time charlie!

although he is only on loan to a championship club i'm gonna go with Nicky Shorey, very hard working full back and excellent at this level, just what we need

Classic 4, 4, 2. Cause thats the way Rangers should play!

Alex Furguson, knows exactly what is needed to win things and don't take no crap from his players!

Comment

Working...
                              X