Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was This the Last Time We Were Happy Down At Rangers??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
    As I said to pete just now on the phone, I think De Canio returning would be a huge mistake. Poor English, inability to see the game out, uninspirational half time team talks (no, I didn't hear them but we were more often than not poor in ghe 2nd half) and worst of all, too pally with the men who pull the strings. This would lead to him being happy to abide by all decissions. Also, the fact he's adored by large sections would lead me to believe his return would be too comfortable. Nothing to prove therefore no need to impress. He has very little knowledge of the English league and their players and for that reason couldn't possibly know who the best signings are, que the DoF and we're right back to square one.

I am not in favour of this appointment. In fact, I'd be severely let down if this were to happen.
    Oh my god will the moaning never end.:horror::horror::horror::tired::embarrassed:

Comment

Surprising really that he has been taken in, he went up and down the country following Rangers with me and loved it under De Canio
      ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by shania View Post
        Oh my god will the moaning never end.:horror::horror::horror::tired::embarrassed:
        You make less sense to me than a drunk Scotsman on speed with your strange posts and player recommendations, so I'll ignore that one sweetheart.

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
        Surprising really that he has been taken in, he went up and down the country following Rangers with me and loved it under De Canio
        Pete, I've enjoyed football up and down the country under many different managers, so that's fairly irrelevant, won't you agree?

It's just my opinion mate. I've structured my reasons as to why I believe this instead of saying it for the sake of it.
        Your mum would love me...

Comment

Please no not Di Canio!!!

The last time I was happy was the day of the Leicester game after that result it all went down hill!

Comment

LDC used to wander around the pubs with Gianni after the game talking to the fans, do you reckon they'd do that again if he comes back

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
              You make less sense to me than a drunk Scotsman on speed with your strange posts and player recommendations, so I'll ignore that one sweetheart.

Pete, I've enjoyed football up and down the country under many different managers, so that's fairly irrelevant, won't you agree?

It's just my opinion mate. I've structured my reasons as to why I believe this instead of saying it for the sake of it.

Oh,dear of dear that misearable Benny!! :very_sad::very_sad::very_sad:

Comment

dear of dear? Is that like the king of stags or something.

Anyway, your insomnia cure has prompted me to get some shut eye.
                Your mum would love me...

Comment

Deepsea, don't know why that should cloud judgement if a manager is good or not. His team leece are top of Serie B

Part of the reason Sousa was adored by the few, was not down to his negativity, but they realised with Blackstock being dropped and players like Lopez coming in, he had more free reign than previous managers and it all adds up to why he was liked. Its not rocket science. A manager who has a 25% winning hit rate, is okay because he was building from the back, but more importantly seen as his own man, that really is he underlying issue all of this. Fans who don't l;ike the current structure harp on about Sousa do they not? Nothing in his record suggests such a defence, when you consider Dowie was far better and De Canio and Magilton had better records.
                  THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Deepsea, don't know why that should cloud judgement if a manager is good or not. His team leece are top of Serie B

Part of the reason Sousa was adored by the few, was not down to his negativity, but they realised with Blackstock being dropped and players like Lopez coming in, he had more free reign than previous managers and it all adds up to why he was liked. Its not rocket science. A manager who has a 25% winning hit rate, is okay because he was building from the back, but more importantly seen as his own man, that really is he underlying issue all of this. Fans who don't l;ike the current structure harp on about Sousa do they not? Nothing in his record suggests such a defence, when you consider Dowie was far better and De Canio and Magilton had better records.
                    In all fairness Pete your comparing records of 4 managers who lasted 35, 15, 26 & 24 matches in charge respectively..

Off those 4 managers 90% of fans recognise Paulo Sousa as the manager who would have taken this club forward just except it. I love the way you always try to spin Dowies tenure as Coach to be one that could have brought great success...oh and he had a 50% win record didn't he.

Fact of the matter we will never really know how good any of these managers would have done for us as none of them actually managed a full season.

De Canio could have been sacked after the first dozen games of the new season due to our inability to hold a lead; Dowie could have lost his following 6 games had he not been sacked which is the way he was shaping up IMO; Sousa could have started the season with an absolute flier and had us top of the league which IMO could have been a possibility and Magilton might have turned things around in the New Year, which I think he had the ability to do.

In all fairness though none of our managers since the takeover can be properly assessed because 15-35 games is not enough, I think a manager should be assessed over about 18 months, it takes time to build player coach relationships, the understanding of tactics and for new players to gel and settle.

But you keep spinning the Sousa line if you want but bear in mind your in the minority.
                    Last edited by W12_Ranger; 12-01-2010, 01:24 AM.

Comment

If you don't win a game in 2 months, than you have to be questioned. Might be in the minority on messageboards, for obvious reasons. Those are apparant to me.

I'll break it down like this.

De Canio..too attacking, new to this country, got the crowd going and we were bottom when he took over.

Dowie, got us into 4th and should never have had outside interference.

Best football I saw was under Magilton for the month of October, but the pressure got to him.

Sousa, dull and boring and never stepped up, when we had the chance.

Thats my view and in years to come, thats what the record books will show. Think Dowie had less games than all manager, but could be wrong.

Hopefully, they will stick with Hart and give him 3 years at the end of the season??

You are right a manager should be rightly assesses over a season !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Surely, the ones who want managerial security, are not writing him off already??

Comment

de canio might not have been the most defensively minded coach but you have to wonder how well sousa would have done with a back four of barker, rehman, stewart, & malcolm (as we had for the 4-2 v watford)...:horror:

Comment

If you don't win a game in 2 months, than you have to be questioned. Might be in the minority on messageboards, for obvious reasons. Those are apparant to me.

I'll break it down like this.

De Canio..too attacking, new to this country, got the crowd going and we were bottom when he took over.

Dowie, got us into 4th and should never have had outside interference. Been reliably informed that Dowie rowed with Paladini on a daily basis

Best football I saw was under Magilton for the month of October, but the pressure got to him. Did not have the full support of the board and they failed to back him when it matter, players see this as a weakness

Sousa, dull and boring and never stepped up, when we had the chance. Stepping up nicely at Swansea though, he was laying foundations, pity you are one of the few who couldn't see that.

Thats my view and in years to come, thats what the record books will show. Think Dowie had less games than all manager, but could be wrong. The record books will also show the underhand tactics the club employed to remove Sousa by using this website and our inability to hold onto a manager for more than 6 months.

Hopefully, they will stick with Hart and give him 3 years at the end of the season?? Don't try to turn my own words around on me to make a point, the fact is Hart isn't the right man for the job and only is here because no one else would take the role. Hart should not be appointed as manager on a 3 year contract because we need to remove the DOF role before that can happen and it clearly won't whilst Hart is here because he nothing more than a puppet.

You are right a manager should be rightly assesses over a season !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Surely, the ones who want managerial security, are not writing him off already??

Giving Hart a 6 month contract hardly is managerial security
                          Thats the way I see it this club is a joke and everyone knows it.
                          Last edited by W12_Ranger; 12-01-2010, 11:01 AM.

Comment

who's concerned fans not happy?

i bet the boradroom doesn't give a fec.

Comment

Working...
                            X