Could be a lot of apologising on here this week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by conners View Post
    I think our team is crying out for a tall centre forward that is good on the ground also.
    Conners - People have been saying this for two years, but if the smartest brains in sports marketing have only just realised this, its better late than never.

Comment

It works both ways. You have to take into account there have been FAR more negative issues of late than positive. This is a FACT.

Crap signings like the Pelican.
      Lack of interest/hard push for available players like Beckford and Chopra.
      Investment in lesser important areas like the C-Club.
      A DoF that clearly isn't working out.
      A turnover of managers that is nothing short of an embarrassment.
      A Chairman who is in the limelight for all the wrong reasons.
      A significant wealth of riches that are not being used to improve team affairs.
      Lack of care towards the feelings of fans.
      False promises.
      More over rated loans than Northern Rock.

These are just a few things, and although I'm not one of these who wants to always slate the club, I'm also not a foolish clown who wants to cover everything and defend the bad things. This club has changed for the worse since I was a kid. Fans turning on eachother, players families being berrated. It's pathetic.
      Your mum would love me...

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
        False promises.
        In the happy clappy world that some of the posters on here live in, the above is not important.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
          It works both ways. You have to take into account there have been FAR more negative issues of late than positive. This is a FACT.

False promises.

These are just a few things, and although I'm not one of these who wants to always slate the club, I'm also not a foolish clown who wants to cover everything and defend the bad things. This club has changed for the worse since I was a kid. Fans turning on eachother, players families being berrated. It's pathetic.

this club has changed for the worse since the takeover imo....

Comment

I think that there are far bigger problems with the fans than there is the above. They have got way to far above their station.

The money we contribute to the club (as much as we like to think it is too much) would not have been enough to keep us in the Championship. So someone else has come in to help us on the money side. Yes they have made mistakes, but lets not insult the people.

We are 14 places higher than when they took over, so although the perception by pretty much everyone is that we have gone backwards, our league position has gone the other way.

Just imagine where we could have been had they made fewer mistakes and just imagine where we will be of they learn from their mistakes going forward.

These are shrewd businessmen.

They have far more money to lose by making incorrect decisions than we have.

If you still must moan, keep it to relevant things rather than moan about C club etc. It is boring. I am just concerned with how we perform on the pitch.

Comment

These are shrewd businessmen
              Sadly, they lost that title over the last two years. They are tinkering buffoons who treat their customers with contempt. Russell made it clear when he said he does not care about the fans that have been priced out of coming to QPR, he cares about the new ones that can.

Comment

I think that there are far bigger problems with the fans than there is the above. They have got way to far above their station.

The money we contribute to the club (as much as we like to think it is too much) would not have been enough to keep us in the Championship. So someone else has come in to help us on the money side. Yes they have made mistakes, but lets not insult the people.

We are 14 places higher than when they took over, so although the perception by pretty much everyone is that we have gone backwards, our league position has gone the other way.

Just imagine where we could have been had they made fewer mistakes and just imagine where we will be of they learn from their mistakes going forward.

If you still must moan, keep it to relevant things rather than moan about C club etc. It is boring. I am just concerned with how we perform on the pitch.
                Lets just get above our station and insult the fans then. Again:devil:

Comment

This is where you lose me Conners. You cannot blame your paying customer under any circumstances. The same goes with any business. The momment you do you are finished. If the fans are unhappy you find out why and try your best to change things. End of.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Lofty View Post
                    This is where you lose me Conners. You cannot blame your paying customer under any circumstances. The same goes with any business. The momment you do you are finished. If the fans are unhappy you find out why and try your best to change things. End of.
                    Mr Lofty, I am not wanting to lose the fans. I am just trying to get them to be a bit more realistic and see that we have made some progress despite it feeling horrible.

Besides, I can blame the "fans" for some things. Booing your team when they win a game is wholly unacceptable in my opinion. Those people were not supporting their team that day, they were acting like a bunch of spoilt children.

My concern is that the divide between the club and its fans will get deeper, the team will get promoted and these negative fans will be watered down by a new breed of hanger on. I used to think before that i dreaded a bunch of hangers on supporting my team but if it means a better atmosphere at home games, I am thinking it may not be that bad a thing afterall.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Lofty View Post
                      As I said there should be a fans liaison manager whos job is to listen, investigate and respond to every problem or complaint. A top business learns by their mistakes and if they don't listen to their customers, they will find another company that does. Football is a little different but instead of getting a season ticket, you might just go when you can.

Slow service, the state of the toilets, cold food, long queues, stewards bad attitude, £3.5 fee and many other small problems, could all have been resolved by now and some times the person moaning has the perfect solution.

Comment

Mr Lofty, I am not wanting to lose the fans. I am just trying to get them to be a bit more realistic and see that we have made some progress despite it feeling horrible
                        Hhhhmmm who are you conners in real life, Ali Russell? as that post has been written by someone involved in the day to day running of the cub.

Comment

Mr Lofty, I am not wanting to lose the fans. I am just trying to get them to be a bit more realistic and see that we have made some progress despite it feeling horrible.

Besides, I can blame the "fans" for some things. Booing your team when they win a game is wholly unacceptable in my opinion. Those people were not supporting their team that day, they were acting like a bunch of spoilt children.

My concern is that the divide between the club and its fans will get deeper, the team will get promoted and these negative fans will be watered down by a new breed of hanger on. I used to think before that i dreaded a bunch of hangers on supporting my team but if it means a better atmosphere at home games, I am thinking it may not be that bad a thing afterall.
                          Just so I have it

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
                            As I said there should be a fans liaison manager whos job is to listen, investigate and respond to every problem or complaint. A top business learns by their mistakes and if they don't listen to their customers, they will find another company that does. Football is a little different but instead of getting a season ticket, you might just go when you can.

Slow service, the state of the toilets, cold food, long queues, stewards bad attitude, £3.5 fee and many other small problems, could all have been resolved by now and some times the person moaning has the perfect solution.

Paul, most of the things you are moaning about are minor. Yes, they need to be dealt with but if we are winning 4-0 every week then I guess you would not have as much of an issue with them. I would prefer that the board spend their time working out how they are going to improve the squad than spending loads of time on things such as these. The £3.50 is standard these days.

Comment

I would prefer that the board spend their time working out how they are going to improve the squad than spending loads of time on things such as these.
                              What have they been doing for two years then ?

I would prefer that the board spend their time working out how they are going to improve the squad than spending loads of time on things such as these.
                              Also, maybe if you had a proper manager, you might find by given him a budget which he needs to keep within, it would be easier than the current mess where the board think they know better.

Also, seeing as you are being so talkative, why do you feel the director of football role benefits QPR FC ?

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
                                What have they been doing for two years then ?
                                Whatever they have been doing has been successful.

Position at takeover 24th
                                Position now 10th

Don't over complicate it. Keep it simple.

Comment

Working...
                                X