No announcement yet.

Youth policy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of my best mates brother was at QPR for a bit and he's good mates with Sutherland.. that kid is meant to have a very bright future ahead of him.

Comment

Does make you wonder what the long term plan is?

Comment

Originally posted by writtler View Post
        Our youth have progressed & won titles despite the efforts of our senior set up - Might be worth checking the arch enemies site for stories of GP bullying kids, insulting parents and hiding behind minders...

FACT - we will never progress under the set up as it is.
        Oh dear, can you post a link or send it me via pm please mate.
        The more time i spend on these messageboards, the more angry i get:devil:

Comment

tbh there will be things going on but kids dont become superstars over night, it will take time to get them through and we might not be seeing the work yet

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
            I think only Ashton actually came through Crewe's Academy system. The other players were brought in upon release by bigger sides. Savage was in the same Man Utd FA youth cup winning side as Neville, Beckham, Scholes etc. Platt was at Man City, Jones and Murphy at Everton IIRC?
            I trust what you say as you know more about these things than me but what I do know is that Crewe picked up players who weren't fancied at other clubs and who were seen not to have a future with those clubs. Gradi then developed them and turned some (not always all) but some into top class players.

As I said Balanta and Sterling may go on to be very good professionals they also may achieve nothing. Dean Ashton on the other hand represented his country and would have gone to the World Cup if it hadn't be for injury. Brought through a sides youth academy and developed into a fine player.

Comment

Originally posted by terry ball View Post
              Oh dear, can you post a link or send it me via pm please mate.
              The more time i spend on these messageboards, the more angry i get:devil:
              pm sent....
              "Originally Posted by qblockpete
              QPR will finish at least in the Play offs
              Swansea will finish in bottom 6
              Middlesboro will finish champions"

Comment

I have watched and read with amusement and interest the various threads on players we are buying, loaning, selling, offloading.
                I would love to see some multi million pound players brought in but i would also love to see youth team players coming through and rough diamonds from the lower regions makng an impact. Unfortunatley this does not happen very often.
                These options sometime bring as much success to the team as expensive foriegn mercenaries and usually dont bring the baggage of agents and ego's.

There are two players currently at local clubs that could do a fantastic job for Rangers and its a shame this area seems to be overlooked.

Tom Cadmore, centre back -@ Hayes and Yeading, Tom plays for England C and is a bit in the Andy Tillson mould then theres James Reading @ Hendon, yound but very good goalkeeper.

I read with interest and concern Mr Harts comments about the various problems he has found with the structure of the club. He seems to have identified quite quickly some major problems and this worries me as to why it has taken so long to sort things out. What has Mr Paladini and the experianced managers Gregory, Ollie, Dowie, di canio, Sousa been doing?

Why do we not have a descent youth system? or a network of coaches and links to local teams?
                Les Ferdinand was a local lad, he became our hero. We dont need to spend millions but we do need to get the right players.

Comment

HOw many knew of Sterling before he got spotted playing for England?/ Whislt people want to emphasis on youth players, they know very little about them.

Not sure, but I think Gallen and Bircham are in charge.

Good luck to the kids that have moved on, they are at Premiership clubs and sure in a few years to do well
                  ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                  THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

f*ck worrying about the youth let spend some 'real' money in the transfer market.
                    It won't happen but if the owners brought in Kitson that would show ambition because at the mo I haven't a clue what they want from queens park rangers fc
                    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                      HOw many knew of Sterling before he got spotted playing for England?/ Whislt people want to emphasis on youth players, they know very little about them.

Good luck to the kids that have moved on, they are at Premiership clubs and sure in a few years to do well
                      pretty sure everyone knew of him but not how decent he was. i think i first heard of him when he was 13 playing under 16's with my mate

Comment

I think you have missed my point. As a small club it's essential we produce our own players, to sell on and make money and to save money on transfer outllay. Surely a sensible bloke like yourself can see that.

Also, what do you know about the alleged bullying and threats made to youth team players that was mentioned earlier on in the thread?

Comment

I'm saying, I reckoon we ;ve got a couple of kids that will make it. Good to see Francis and furlong have their kids at the club for example. Lets see what happens in 2-3 years, on that front.

As for your second post, writtler says he has Pm'd you and one poster is a regular on Indy's and he can let you know his side of the story, last time i even commented on it, I got threatened. I keep well off the subject to be honest
                          ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                          THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

I'm saying, I reckoon we ;ve got a couple of kids that will make it. Good to see Francis and furlong have their kids at the club for example. Lets see what happens in 2-3 years, on that front.

As for your second post, writtler says he has Pm'd you and one poster is a regular on Indy's and he can let you know his side of the story, last time i even commented on it, I got threatened. I keep well off the subject to be honest
                            fair enough if you don't want to elaborate then

Comment

Lets hope we do have but I remember people saying that Kieron St Aimee was going to make it and never did. Balanta did well for Wycombe but was by no means a spectacular loan period. At 15 Sterling has more chance of not making it then he does of actually making it. We won't know how successful either are for a few years yet but lets hope they are for our sake.

Comment

Working...
                              X