Health and Safety??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Health and Safety??

Would be helpful to me, to find out what kind of costs could be incurred if someone went to football and had an accident inside or outisde the ground??

anyone know??
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Surely the club will be not liable for injuries sustained outside the premises, i.e. on council land, etc.?
      Banning people is no longer my hobby,
      but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
      http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Slipped into the path of a lorry and killed or broken nail after a stumble - what sort of question is that??
        http://twitter.com/#!/superhoops10

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
          Would be helpful to me, to find out what kind of costs could be incurred if someone went to football and had an accident inside or outisde the ground??

anyone know??
          I think the clue is in the word "Accident", why does someone have to put a monetary valve on slipping and breaking an arm or leg. Makes me sick this compo culture our crappy government has created.

Comment

you worried about getting chinned ?
            "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

London Pride has been handed down to us.
            London Pride is a flower that's free.
            London Pride means our own dear town to us,
            And our pride it for ever will be.

Comment

a lot...part of my job is to do safety inspections for the pavements, kerbs etc etc around central Milton Keynes. We missed a slightly raised paving block, and some woman broke her toe on it. lets just say she got a nice bit of cash ;)
              @chrisrobson9

Comment

The club will have "Public liability insurance" and lets say that the wieght from snow and ice causes guttering to fall on someone,then they would be liable.Just like a tile falling off your own roof.

Remember......"Where there`s blame,there`s a claim"

Comment

But QPR are not responsible for clearing South Africa Rd, Loftus Rd, Ellerslie Rd and surrounding streets.

Sueing the club because fans were on their way to watch the game doesn't seem a legitimate claim.

Otherwise that MK woman could have sued the bus, train company or organisation she was on the way to, rather than MK council.

Comment

Originally posted by w12chris View Post
                    a lot...part of my job is to do safety inspections for the pavements, kerbs etc etc around central Milton Keynes. We missed a slightly raised paving block, and some woman broke her toe on it. lets just say she got a nice bit of cash ;)
                    and you werent related to her at all
                    Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

This compensation culture is scandelous.

Obviously were someone is clearly at fault, it is fair, but it has gone too far when people can sue McDonalds for serving a hot drink which then scalds the drinker's tongue. Common sense tells us it is a hot drink that needs to be cooled down a bit.

In the 40s,50s, 60s, 70s even 80s, games used to go ahead and no one sued the clubs because they slipped, fell or caught a cold.

Comment

However, West Brom remain confident that Friday night's game against Championship promotion rivals Nottingham Forest will go ahead.

The club say that the under-soil heating should make the pitch playable and they have hired snow ploughs, gritters and extra manpower to clear the snow and ice from the stadium and all areas they are responsible for.

Comment

The decision to call off the game is the correct decision

Comment

Originally posted by Neil View Post
                            However, West Brom remain confident that Friday night's game against Championship promotion rivals Nottingham Forest will go ahead.

The club say that the under-soil heating should make the pitch playable and they have hired snow ploughs, gritters and extra manpower to clear the snow and ice from the stadium and all areas they are responsible for.
                            That's because they will loose ££££ if it is cancelled.

Comment

An expat colleague of mine has just explained to me that although councils usually clean the roads, they rarely bother with the pavements (although it is allegedly their responsibility, too), hence the reason for many games being called off? Nothing to do with the football grounds at all, what a travesty.
                              Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                              but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                              http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Working...
                              X