Actually quite like look of loan signings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actually quite like look of loan signings

Ok potential loan signings. Big thing made of Wolves goalie. He has been brought in for bench warming duties. Get over the fact he is not Seaman reincarnated.

We need big, burly forward to compliment the more technical players we have. I'll admit have only seen Cousin a couple of times but he struck me as someone who will use their physical presence to make a nuisance of themselves and that is what they need.

Folan I'll be honest and say I just don't know much about him so grey one for me. Happy to give him a chance though.

Quashie. With Rowly and Mahon out we need some cover and competition for Leggy. He is experienced at both Championship and Premier**** levels. Forget the fact he has been at a League 1 team. He needs match fitness and that is what he went for.

****tu if it comes off would be immense. We all know him. No further comment needed. Exactly what we need.

Our owners may have vast stores of money but have said from day 1 they want to grown this club organically and that means running it as a business. Until we are getting crowds of 30,000+ we will not be challenging Real Madrid for likes of Ronaldo. We need to wheel and deal which is what is happening. If the intention really is to bring in a new manager in the summer makes more sense to make loan rather than permanent signings. The incentive for them will be to prove they are either worthy of permanently signing in due course or of their current clubs giving them a chance when they return.

My ideal would be to have a long term manager making their own signings but that has gone pear shaped and in the circumstances I think the club have made a sensible decision in going for a temporary appointment and not investing serious money in squad. If serious money is to be spent that should be in summer when new manager in.

Will be an interesting few months which could go either way.

If they sign then I agree with you but I would also question why we are choosing to sign Folan if we can sign Kitson instead? Kitson is a proven scorer at this level whereas Folan isn't.

I don't think we need both Quashie and Faye only one will do as I can't see the need for both of the likelihood that both will start. Shi*tu would be a decent signing as well and a vast improvement on Hall.

The only area which still needs addressing though would be at right back.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
      Ok potential loan signings. Big thing made of Wolves goalie. He has been brought in for bench warming duties. Get over the fact he is not Seaman reincarnated.

We need big, burly forward to compliment the more technical players we have. I'll admit have only seen Cousin a couple of times but he struck me as someone who will use their physical presence to make a nuisance of themselves and that is what they need.

Folan I'll be honest and say I just don't know much about him so grey one for me. Happy to give him a chance though.

Quashie. With Rowly and Mahon out we need some cover and competition for Leggy. He is experienced at both Championship and Premier**** levels. Forget the fact he has been at a League 1 team. He needs match fitness and that is what he went for.

****tu if it comes off would be immense. We all know him. No further comment needed. Exactly what we need.

Our owners may have vast stores of money but have said from day 1 they want to grown this club organically and that means running it as a business. Until we are getting crowds of 30,000+ we will not be challenging Real Madrid for likes of Ronaldo. We need to wheel and deal which is what is happening. If the intention really is to bring in a new manager in the summer makes more sense to make loan rather than permanent signings. The incentive for them will be to prove they are either worthy of permanently signing in due course or of their current clubs giving them a chance when they return.

My ideal would be to have a long term manager making their own signings but that has gone pear shaped and in the circumstances I think the club have made a sensible decision in going for a temporary appointment and not investing serious money in squad. If serious money is to be spent that should be in summer when new manager in.

Will be an interesting few months which could go either way.

The club have made a big mistake in appointing a part time manager mid way through a season. In five months time a new manager may well be appointed and the merry go round of signing/releasing/loaning players will begin again. Even if Hart is to stay beyond the summer, it could be argued that we'd have wasted six months building a better team whilst only signing temporary loans, instead of giving him finance to build his own team from the off.

Comment

i think we should go back to what was the best defence in the league last season.

ramage stewart gorkss connolly

we kept the most clean sheets last season and they looked really solid.
        "birch said he rated u btw luke, congrats"

Comment

Originally posted by BobHazell View Post
          The club have made a big mistake in appointing a part time manager mid way through a season. In five months time a new manager may well be appointed and the merry go round of signing/releasing/loaning players will begin again. Even if Hart is to stay beyond the summer, it could be argued that we'd have wasted six months building a better team whilst only signing temporary loans, instead of giving him finance to build his own team from the off.
          Agree if they could have got who they wanted. Rumour (just for a change) is they want to wait and see if they can persuade Curbishley or Coppell. If that is true then maybe interim boss best option. Doesn't excite me as a fan but given some of the crap of the last 15 or so years can live with it.

Comment

Originally posted by luke_qpr832 View Post
            i think we should go back to what was the best defence in the league last season.

ramage stewart gorkss connolly

we kept the most clean sheets last season and they looked really solid.

Amen!
            2011-2013, 2 seasons in the Premiership, 76 games, 14 wins........two years of my life I'll never get back!!

2013/2014 mediocrity topped off with a win at Wembley....

2014/2015 was pretty much the same as 2011-2013.....

2015/2016, average at best.....

2016/2017, same old, same old....

2017/2018, aim low, avoid disappointment!

Its the hope that kills you!

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
              Agree if they could have got who they wanted. Rumour (just for a change) is they want to wait and see if they can persuade Curbishley or Coppell. If that is true then maybe interim boss best option. Doesn't excite me as a fan but given some of the crap of the last 15 or so years can live with it.
              Who knows mate? You may be right about the club waiting for one of the names you mentioned. For the life of me I can't understand why a top manager would come to us but maybe that will happen and the owners of our club do actually have a long term clearly defined strategy that will this ease into place in the summer. ;D

Comment

Originally posted by BobHazell View Post
                Who knows mate? You may be right about the club waiting for one of the names you mentioned. For the life of me I can't understand why a top manager would come to us but maybe that will happen and the owners of our club do actually have a long term clearly defined strategy that will this ease into place in the summer. ;D
                i really hope your right.i cant see it to be honest but we can all dream ey
                "birch said he rated u btw luke, congrats"

Comment

Working...
                X