Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do Agyemang, Vine, Helgusson, Ephraim and Balanta have a future at QPR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do Agyemang, Vine, Helgusson, Ephraim and Balanta have a future at QPR?

With us signing so many loan forwards, surely whoever makes the decisions on running team affairs is actually stating that Agyemang, Vine, Helgusson, Ephraim and Balanta aren't good enough and have no real future with us.

If this is the case, how can we expect these players to fit back into the side and have confidence that they are wanted when the loanees return to their respective clubs?

Too many managers with different ideas and preferences on players are ruining team morale.
    Last edited by BobHazell; 08-01-2010, 11:45 AM.

atm vine and helguson (if folan and cousins sign) have no future at QPR.

hogan sadly is super talented but doesnt have a position which he commands.. i mean u can play him anywhere.. which counts against him. he needs to bulk up abit to hold down a place.

balanta is similar but seems to be more suited to becoming a winger. and atm is ahead of ephraim.

in that instance id say ephraim would be better suited as cover for simpson - as crazy as it sounds if he put his mind to it, im sure he would be able to become a simpson-like striker. - again need to add some strength to his game.

as for pat, he is on borrowed time and his recent performances put him ahead of vine / helguson. his pace and strength could be useful as an impact sub.

eventually tho i only see 1 of the 5 being at QPR.
    Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
    Lovejoy: "No?!"
    Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

^^^^^^ i agree with that.

pat always seems to do well comin on as a sub and i would definately pick him above the others simply cos of his work rate at times and as gary says his pace is too hot to handle.although he couldnt finish his dinner
      "birch said he rated u btw luke, congrats"

Comment

Would rather give Helguson a chance again than Pat - truly awful footballer - might have made a good sprinter once...
        "Originally Posted by qblockpete
        QPR will finish at least in the Play offs
        Swansea will finish in bottom 6
        Middlesboro will finish champions"

Comment

i agree with you writtler pat is an awful footballer.but i still think his pace causes more problems than vines and helgusons ability put together.not that there ability together would be that great lol

Comment

I think you are right about Vine and Helgusson having no long term future with us. Add Agyemang into that too.

I like Vine but he isn't the same player since his injury and has been well out of sorts since coming back. I'd like to see Hogan and Balanta stay long term, and I think Agyemang could play a part with us as a squad player.

My main concern is that if we don't need these players we should be off loading them and signing permanent replacements instead of continually bringing in loans. We all saw Agyemang's bizarre reaction after scoring against Watford. Has he been fairly treated or given a decent run to prove himself? Why not stick with him and give him a good run in the side or bring in Ephraim or Balanta? If our players aren't ever given a run in the side then how can we expect the best from them when say, Folan goes back to his own club after the loan expires?

Who is to say that these loans are any better than what we've already got?

Comment

i dnt think the loans will be any better especially if its folan or cousin.but the thing is with the others is that they dnt other much of a physical or an aerial threat which we are really lacking upfont.
              its a shame about vine,before his injury he was a very good player and was a great link from the midfield but he just cant seem to find fitness or confidence since he has been back.as for balanta i went to most pre season games and i thought he was probably our best player in every game i went and deserved his chance first game of the season but i dnt think he is a forward same goes for ephraim.i think all 5 will more than likely go at the end of the season possibly in this transfer window.not all at once tho lol

Comment

Feel sorry for Vine because before injury he was fantastic down that left wing and contributed with the goals as well but he looks a shadow of the player he once was.

Agyemang was a poor signing especially as we chose not to buy Ebanks-Blake and went for the cheaper option instead.

Balanta and Ephraim may have a future but they need a season playing competitive football and scoring regularly. A loan spell at someone like Aldershot or Wycombe would help both.

Comment

The whole philosophy of employing short term managers and short term loan players is seriously undermining the credibility of the club, confidence amongst fans and our ability to get promoted.

Comment

balanta went to wycombe last yr and by all accounts changed there season with how well he played.ephraim seemed to do well last season when we was playing the diamond formation.

as above untill we get a manager who will be here for the long term and actually be able to bring in his own players and put his own mark on the club we aint going nowhere.too many managers and players coming and going.

Comment

Agymang can still do a job coming off the the bench, Hogan still needed imo. the rest can leave IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Cookiemonster17 View Post
                        Agymang can still do a job coming off the the bench,

Yes but which job?
                        "Originally Posted by qblockpete
                        QPR will finish at least in the Play offs
                        Swansea will finish in bottom 6
                        Middlesboro will finish champions"

Comment

No, No, No, Probably Not, Hopefully
                          Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Agyemang occasionally does a job as a sub, but Cousin can proably do it better.

I think Folan is supposed to be a decent target man and hold up play, so he too should provide something to the team.

I agree with Sirpie about Vine. He was good pre-injury and ot seems he has struggled with other injury problems this season. If the Hull strikers sign ona month's loan, I would expect Agyemang Vine and perhaps Helguson to either be sold or sent out on loan elsewhere.

Balanta might benefit from another 2-3 month loan spell, but perhaps he too, could be a good foil for DC or CF if they sign.

Ephraim has enough 1st team game experience so a loan probably wont do much for him other than provide match practice. I agree that with his pace, he could learn to play as a central striker. Perhaps if he does go out on loan, it could be to a team that will play him in this role rather than on the wing.

Comment

no, no, yes, yes, yes

Comment

Working...
                              X