Too much time on our hands?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
    I have taken much stick on this site (most of it justified in hindsight) but I disagree with any poster getting banned just because they might not either like me or my opinions so a banning for anyone should be the absolute last resort unless they are making threats or making racist comments etc.

To someone like myself who was once at the forefront of the threads seen over the last couple of weeks and has wisely at last decided to keep out of it all at long last and just concentrate on watching QPR I can see what an idiot I looked and can see how destructive and pointless at the end of the day what running down fellow fans is.

As I say I am glad to now be out of all that and I intend standing by it.
    good post mate.....you get my respect.

Comment

Originally posted by pc1401 View Post
      Been close to that recently, its why i just read and only answer on certain post's by certain (intelligent) posters
      Thank you for replying to my thread :red_heart:
      Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Originally posted by w12chris View Post
        We all need to meet for a big group hug
        i wondered how long befoe you tried to take advantage

Comment

Have we all got to wear Barca shirts???
          God I miss cooke's pie & mash

Comment

I have taken much stick on this site (most of it justified in hindsight) but I disagree with any poster getting banned just because they might not either like me or my opinions so a banning for anyone should be the absolute last resort unless they are making threats or making racist comments etc.

To someone like myself who was once at the forefront of the threads seen over the last couple of weeks and has wisely at last decided to keep out of it all at long last and just concentrate on watching QPR I can see what an idiot I looked and can see how destructive and pointless at the end of the day what running down fellow fans is.

Paul as they say it "takes a man to admit when they are/were wrong"

something a few on here should look at

fair play to you mate

Comment

yep and bring your teddies with the hole in the ####

Comment

Hmmm, dont think i want to share Edward

Comment

Hmmm, dont think i want to share Edward
                  chris don't mind sharing his......does it with ibra and adel

Comment

oh god not at this time in the day I cant get involved or defend myself at work.
                    @chrisrobson9

Comment

Originally posted by w12chris View Post
                      oh god not at this time in the day I cant get involved or defend myself at work.
                      Shame, does this mean we got about 5 hours before you can defend yourself (happy days)

Comment

Can we not!!
                        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Quaz View Post
                          chris don't mind sharing his......does it with ibra and adel
                          Could i bring my sheep instead, especially for EWE

I'll get me coat

Comment

Could i bring my sheep instead, especially for EWE

I'll get me coat
                            :cry::cry::cry:
                            I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Well said.

If I may be so bold, as a relative newcomer to this site... Pete, you have your opinions, and that's fine. Honestly it is, so try not to be all offended by this.

You have to take a look at things, and stop blaming everyone but yourself and your chums for all the friction you get on here, and elsewhere.
                              In my very humble opinion, you go looking for confrontation, and when it comes, you can't handle it.

You've probably got your heckles up by just reading that, but bare with me.

I think you like to spark debate on certain issues, but when you find the majority of QPR fans don't agree with many of your thoughts and ideas for debate, you get far too defensive about it... and your reactions and reasoning when arguaing your point are quite clumsy. You actually help to create the fans divisions you complain about, and that spreads out from messageboards into "real life" at W12.

It's all about appearences, and how you come across.

Let me tell you straight what your image is among QPR fans... especially the older ones who've been going to games for many years and have seen a lot of ups and downs over the years.
                              You might not like it, and I'm NOT saying I entirely agree with it, but at least take this on board and try and understand that it's come as a result of your words, methods, actions etc... over the last couple of years.

You are seen as a QPR fan - but a fairly recent arival on the scene... someone who wasn't a regular supporter since a kid in the 60's 70's and early 80's, someone who's popped up from nowhere and set himself up as some kind of bandleader for a section of younger QPR fans.
                              You are seen as a puppet by many, an attention junkie, and a strange character born out of the internet age.
                              You are also seen by many as a hypocrite, because you bang the drum for positivity about the club and certain players... and yet were seen to orchestrate a campaign agaist Paulo Sousa, not long after GP was reported to call him a C***. A very shabby episode. You'll get the hump about that... but I repeat again, that how you're VIEWED by many. Make no mistake about that.

You often use clumsy phrases like "We, the fans...", which gives the impression that you are speaking for those fans. That gets peoples goat, because even though I'm sure you don't mean it, you are not a spokeman for QPR fans, in any way.

Now, like I said... you will not like what I've just written, and you wont agree with it, and to repeat: I don't agree with all of it myself. I'm not being personal. But I am merely tipping you off as to why you get so many people who seem to want to have a pop at you, and this site.

If you don't want to be constantly rowing with people about your posts, and this site, then I suggest you take a look at your posts before you click "submit", and think "Do I really mean that, and is it worth posting it to spark debate?".
                              If you are happy to continue being viewed by so many QPR fans in the way I described, and want this site to carry on being seen as "Fantasy Island", and some kind of tabloid mouthpiece for you and certain others... then stay as you are. Fine.

The only thing I ask is that you do not take anything I've written as a personalt attack, and start defending yourself in the same old way, by asking confrontational questions of me and others.
                              I'm just holding up a mirror for you to have a look in, and try and shed some light on why this site is a warzone at times.
                              If you don't like it, or don't want to look... that's your choice. Carry on.
                              Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

Working...
                              X