Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local paper.........

Big interview with Paul Hart.

He said he has only met Flavio once and he hasn't seen him for 2 weeks. He said he answers to Gianni. There is not much to spend. He may have to get rid of some players before he can bring in some new blood.

I really do wonder why our owners are so reluctant to spend big money.

Our average side full of foreigners and loan players is clearly not working.
    First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Basically, as suspected, Flabio has spent all his time and energy in the Formula 1 thing. The Mittals do not appear to be too enamoured with all of those shenanigans and have therefore distanced themselves. They are not going to fund anything as they only own 20%. Bernie is hardly hands on, which means its up to Paladini to run the show and he obviously does not have the key to the purse strings.

He is trying to work within a budget and our history shows that he is just not very good at such things...

Just ask yourselves: 'how high do you think QPR really is on Flavio Briatore's priority list' right now? As I say, the F1 stuff has probably dominated his time and he has a wee one on the way. Face it, we are a hobby and when real work demands it, you have to leave your hobbies alone.

From Day One, he has not been able to dedicate his time to us and appears to have left running the ship to someone totally inadequate and / or incapable of doing the job well. That is a decision that Briatore will regret. He either gets serious and gets a serious Football Chief Executive with a previous (good) track record or will lose interest as a result of the continued poor on the pitch results.

Comment

why trust a caretaker with their millions?
      makes sense, his job is to keep us up methinks..not go forward.

Comment

i said that when hart was appointed.

there not gonna give hart the money if he is only here for 6 months.i think they have put a massive X through this season and our looking to next season.
        "birch said he rated u btw luke, congrats"

Comment

Originally posted by davman View Post
          Basically, as suspected, Flabio has spent all his time and energy in the Formula 1 thing. The Mittals do not appear to be too enamoured with all of those shenanigans and have therefore distanced themselves. They are not going to fund anything as they only own 20%. Bernie is hardly hands on, which means its up to Paladini to run the show and he obviously does not have the key to the purse strings.

He is trying to work within a budget and our history shows that he is just not very good at such things...

Just ask yourselves: 'how high do you think QPR really is on Flavio Briatore's priority list' right now? As I say, the F1 stuff has probably dominated his time and he has a wee one on the way. Face it, we are a hobby and when real work demands it, you have to leave your hobbies alone.

From Day One, he has not been able to dedicate his time to us and appears to have left running the ship to someone totally inadequate and / or incapable of doing the job well. That is a decision that Briatore will regret. He either gets serious and gets a serious Football Chief Executive with a previous (good) track record or will lose interest as a result of the continued poor on the pitch results.

Nail on head Davman!! From virtually day one Briatore actually used the word "hobby" and therein lies the problem.Talking about lies, gun/ head ,crashgate and GP denying what he said to me at Wycombe re; transfers funds says it all really. It doesn't altogether surprise me that Hart has only met FB once even though FB has been everpresent recently.Will we ever get our old R's back? Rapidly diminishing attendances and no money where their mouths are after virtually promising world domination two and a half years ago.18 months of a 4 year plan to go,mid-table and a team of loanees,sicknotes and cast-offs (with the exception of Gorkss,Legs,Routledge,Buz,Faurline and a nostalgic reference to Ainsworth) ).God help us.

Comment

Working...
          X