Genuine footy question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genuine footy question

What the fark does Balanta have to do to get a game? He looked quality end of last season and early this season. I know he's been injured, but he must be fit by now?

We've got Agyemang doing his best to resemble a pub player, Vine who looks disinterested and overweight, Helguson no doubt on the verge of his latest injury and two lumoxes from Hull supposedly incoming.

Is Balanta any worse than these options?
    QBP 20th August 2009..."To be fair, I'm glad we are top of the table (for agents fees). Shows we are not a selling club anymore."

don't think balanta will get us promoted, but on the basis that nor will forlan (not to mention Agyman, Pelicorri, etc) if our aim is mid-table, then fine.

Comment

From what I've seen Cap'n - I didn't rate him. Lighter weight version of Taarabt with less technique....Stick with Simpson and play either Taarabt or Routledge off his shoulder.

Comment

Wasn't too impressed with him early , but he's got to be better than some of this shower
        Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
          From what I've seen Cap'n - I didn't rate him. Lighter weight version of Taarabt with less technique....Stick with Simpson and play either Taarabt or Routledge off his shoulder.
          Disagree Nodgester. He had bags of potential and a great deal of pace. Not a natural poacher, but still had an eye for goal. More vision and teamwork than Taarabt, and more pace than Simpson. Not saying he's better than either, but better than the other dross we have, and the dross we appear to be getting in.
          QBP 20th August 2009..."To be fair, I'm glad we are top of the table (for agents fees). Shows we are not a selling club anymore."

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Clunge View Post
            What the fark does Balanta have to do to get a game? He looked quality end of last season and early this season. I know he's been injured, but he must be fit by now?

We've got Agyemang doing his best to resemble a pub player, Vine who looks disinterested and overweight, Helguson no doubt on the verge of his latest injury and two lumoxes from Hull supposedly incoming.

From what I've seen of him, Balanta looks like a skilful player with a lot of potential. He was one of the star performers during the pre-season friendlies.

However, my concern is whether he would be able to cope with getting kicked and shoved by the likes of Chris Morgan, a typical Championship defender.

Comment

Seen a fair bit of him over the last few years and never lived up to his potential imo, this may due to lack of games but I never saw anything that really excited me. saying that he does have this ability of not doing very much but then scoring a goal

Comment

I agree and although I thought the same as most here last year pre-season he should what he can do and hope he gets a fair chance.

Comment

Haven't made my mid up about him yet...sometimes I have seem him looks decent, other times average at best.
                  @chrisrobson9

Comment

I would love to see balanta get a chance
                    My first game was boxing day 96 QPR 3-2 Norwich....yes we actually beat Norwich.

Comment

Disagree Nodgester. He had bags of potential and a great deal of pace. Not a natural poacher, but still had an eye for goal. More vision and teamwork than Taarabt, and more pace than Simpson. Not saying he's better than either, but better than the other dross we have, and the dross we appear to be getting in.
                      Fair play to you Captain! I agree with you 100% (for once) surely he did enough pre season as he looked to be on fire! has matured and developed phsically. Now is the time to unleash Angelo!!!
                      oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

He has to not be injured for a start!

Comment

Working...
                        X