Vine, Ramage and Hogan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Captain Clunge View Post
    So Flav wont spend £2m on Beckford, but will allow multi millions to be spent on Pellicori, Alberti, Agyemang etc.

What a shrewd businessman he is.
    Personally I think that's all down to Gianni that we have those players. Flavio puts the budget in place and GP then get players within those guided budgets. Everyone seems to think we are spending fortunes on wages. Actually we're not, well not as bad as rumours on here suggest - our budget post Flavio was at around £3800 a week (max) which was very low for a Championship club but that went to just over double under the new owners. Only 3 players post xmas were earning over 10k one was a percentage of the loan deal who's now left the club (assumed that was Watson). This highest paid was taking £46k a month home. Don't ask me who as I don't know and won't ask my pal.

Comment

Originally posted by terry ball View Post
      Personally, i think he wants out of the circus. I would also wager good money that he ain't the only one
      Personally I think he should join the Circus, cos he ain't no ruddy footballer!

Comment

I think it would be a god send if Ramage was sold, let it be.

Vine i'm 50/50, although I see a good player in him, I feel that after his injury he will never be the same again.

Ephraim, I rate him and I would like to keep him and give him a run the left wing....

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzer1977 View Post
          Personally I think that's all down to Gianni that we have those players. Flavio puts the budget in place and GP then get players within those guided budgets. Everyone seems to think we are spending fortunes on wages. Actually we're not, well not as bad as rumours on here suggest - our budget post Flavio was at around £3800 a week (max) which was very low for a Championship club but that went to just over double under the new owners. Only 3 players post xmas were earning over 10k one was a percentage of the loan deal who's now left the club (assumed that was Watson). This highest paid was taking £46k a month home. Don't ask me who as I don't know and won't ask my pal.
          So you're saying only 2 players at the club earn over 10k

Routledge, Rowlands, Buz, Hall, Pat, Gorkss, Faurlin, Cook, Cerny, Vine, Legs, Taraabt etc, only 2 of those earn more than 10k?
          Last edited by SirLes; 07-01-2010, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SirLes View Post
            So you're saying only 2 players at the club earn over 10k

Routledge, Rowlands, Buz, Hall, Pat, Gorkss, Faurlin, Cook, Cerny, etc, only 2 of those earn more than 10k?
            That's what I've been told fella...

People moan a lot about GP and there is one thing I'd say he is ruddy excellent at. Getting money out of him is like getting blood from a stone! He can be tighter than a ducks a**e and that's a FACT about him. I am sure plenty of those players named are still earning big money but not over £10k a week. We are a Championship side remember that. The average wage I think in the Premiership was around £16k a week. One othere thing I will add is we have a great bonus structure in place if we make the promise land.

Comment

Ramage - he is a centre back who has been played as a right back, largely becuase QPR don't have one. Connolly is better in the RB role and Ramage could be more use as a centre back, but due to his lack of pace, is not used there alongside Gorkss, who also lacks real pace.

Vine - is still struggling for full fitness and has suffered from a hernia problem in recent months, which might go some way to explaining some bad peformances. I don't know if he is likely to ever make a full recovery from his broken leg, but just like Eduardo at Arsenal, he needs time and proper care if he is to do so.

Ephraim - I am not sure about. Yes, he does have talent, but he hasn't produced it often enough and for me, he has always been inconsistant and very frustrating.

Comment

That's what I've been told fella...

People moan a lot about GP and there is one thing I'd say he is ruddy excellent at. Getting money out of him is like getting blood from a stone! He can be tighter than a ducks a**e and that's a FACT about him. I am sure plenty of those players named are still earning big money but not over £10k a week. We are a Championship side remember that. The average wage I think in the Premiership was around £16k a week. One othere thing I will add is we have a great bonus structure in place if we make the promise land.

i think it's common knowledge that one of them is without doubt Hall, the other must be Cerny (why else would he come here on a free) but that leaves Cookie Routledge Aggy Taarabt all under £10,000 a week, can't see it myself

so if hall is on £15,000 a week x 4 and a half years that makes his salary a nice £3.5M for his contract

good bit of business or not :devil:

and we don't spend cash, that's NOT the issue, it's WHO WE ARE SPENDING IT ON

if you put Aggy & Halls contract together that's around £4.5 £5.5M for the 2

we could easily afford a Beckford type player & pay him what he wants & still have change

laughable if you ask me

Comment

Originally posted by pkloft View Post
                  if you put Aggy & Halls contract together that's around £4.5 £5.5M for the 2
                  Not having a poke fella but this is your opinion and not fact! Read the accounts doc that was floating about. Those figures you quote would mean those two players make up almost a third of our entire playing staff salaries a year!

HALL is not on anywhere near £15k a week. That’s all message board nonsense. The highest paid WAS £46k a month. Doing the maths that’s about £11,500 a week and that specific player I believe to be Watson has now left. We are being run by experienced business men not people who throw money at nothing. Do remember that. We have pretty much been a no profit making club for the last 15 years. Selling players for big cash has always in the past helped us as a club to balance the books. Flavio & Co. has brought in increased sponsorship money to cover those costs so we DON’T HAVE TO SELL OUR BETTER PLAYERS. His objective which he made common knowledge at the start of his tenure was he wanted the club to be self sufficient and we are probably very close BUT only because of the increased ticket prices and increased revenue. This has therefore allowed us to increase the wage structure dramatically BUT things have to balance. IMO I reckon his vision was if he could fill the stadium then cash would be spent on playing staff, but because that hasn’t happened we are just breaking even hence no real splashing of the cash in the transfer markets. The recession hasn’t helped the whole situation. The fans also feel cheated in terms of the return they have got for the hike in prices for the little return we’ve got back but on paper we now do have a better squad. Yeah money could have been spent more wisely and we all know which players are poor and there are question marks around some of the actual signings too. We are getting there but it’s a lot slower than people had hoped. Probably not in Flavio’s eyes as he targeted 5 years.

Also remember when we signed Hall I for one as I am sure many were delighted with him signing. I thought he was a very good player and I've watched him play for some time right back to his days at Chesham. Bob got Iain Dowie to take both him and Wayne Andrews to Oldham and both moved players moved through the leagues rapidly. Remember he was signed from a Premiership Club. It's just one of those things that hasn't worked out like we had hoped and thought!
                  Last edited by Dazzer1977; 07-01-2010, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Not having a poke fella but this is your opinion and not fact! Read the accounts doc that was floating about. Those figures you quote would mean those two players make up almost half our entire playing staff salaries a year!

HALL is not on anywhere near £15k a week. That’s all message board nonsense. The highest paid WAS £46k a month. Doing the maths that’s about £11,500 a week and that specific player I believe to be Watson has now left. We are being run by experienced business men not people who throw money at nothing. Do remember that. We have pretty much been a no profit making club for the last 15 years. Selling players for big cash has always in the past helped us as a club to balance the books. Flavio & Co. has brought in increased sponsorship money to cover those costs so we DON’T HAVE TO SELL OUR BETTER PLAYERS. His objective which he made common knowledge at the start of his tenure was he wanted the club to be self sufficient and we are probably very close BUT only because of the increased ticket prices and increased revenue. This has therefore allowed us to increase the wage structure dramatically BUT things have to balance. IMO I reckon his vision was if he could fill the stadium then cash would be spent on playing staff, but because that hasn’t happened we are just breaking even hence no real splashing of the cash in the transfer markets. The recession hasn’t helped the whole situation. The fans also feel cheated in terms of the return they have got for the hike in prices for the little return we’ve got back but on paper we now do have a better squad. Yeah money could have been spent more wisely and we all know which players are poor and there are question marks around some of the actual signings too. We are getting there but it’s a lot slower than people had hoped. Probably not in Flavio’s eyes as he targeted 5 years.
                    where did that extra year appear from then as i thought it was a 4 year plan & wasn't that for champions league football down at HQ

Comment

we have got to keep Hogan he will be a great player
                      Gerry Francis the greatest all round player to come from these shores:super_man:

Comment

Working...
                      X