Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marvin Morgan - our answer to the champions league?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvin Morgan - our answer to the champions league?

sorry if im slow, just saw this rumour...

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...836912,00.html

Cant we just stick with proven players?

If its the same Marvin Morgan I am thinking of, played against him when he was at Wealdstone I think. Good to see lower league players getting a chance. Reminds me of a lanky Sammy Eto'o not as good though
    @chrisrobson9

Comment

We need to do both, buy proven players for the imediate future but also take a risk on getting another Les. The boy is obviouisly from West London and could end up being class.
      RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Comment

Originally posted by Dando View Post
        sorry if im slow, just saw this rumour...

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...836912,00.html

Cant we just stick with proven players?
        I'm all for finding talent from the lower leagues but he is 27 so how much better is he actually going to get? He has 8 goals in League Two 9 behind Hughes.

Comment

Average footballer, watched him quite a bit when he played for Yeading. Although he is a big lad and is the mold of the player that we need.

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
            I'm all for finding talent from the lower leagues but he is 27 so how much better is he actually going to get? He has 8 goals in League Two 9 behind Hughes.
            I am prepared to be shot down but I would take Lee Hughes like a shot!!!

sorry about changing subject of the thread.
            @chrisrobson9

Comment

Originally posted by w12chris View Post
              I am prepared to be shot down but I would take Lee Hughes like a shot!!!

sorry about changing subject of the thread.
              agree chris,just the type of poacher we need
              Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

I know Marvin and would welcome him to rangers. Has alot of potential and just needs to be at a club that can get it out of him.

Comment

If its the same Marvin Morgan I am thinking of, played against him when he was at Wealdstone I think. Good to see lower league players getting a chance. Reminds me of a lanky Sammy Eto'o not as good though
                  Yeah its the same Marvin also played at Woking before getting into the pro leagues with Aldershot very good player, not sure about the jump in class though.

Comment

for a fee of around £50-100K he could be worth a gamble, but if they want a far bigger fee, I would hope the club look elsewhere. Who knows he might do for QPR what Scotland did for Swansea.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                      for a fee of around £50-100K he could be worth a gamble, but if they want a far bigger fee, I would hope the club look elsewhere. Who knows he might do for QPR what Scotland did for Swansea.
                      or what Sir Les did for QPR from Hayes :money:
                      @chrisrobson9

Comment

or what Sir Les did for QPR from Hayes :money:

Big difference was Sir Les was a teenager when he signed at at the time just a raw talent that needed 3 years or more, including a year at Besiktas, to really come up to standard.

Scotland was signed from the Scottish 1st or 2nd Division (although he had previous SPL experience), and was in his late 20s. Morgan is about the same age, but coming from a lower level.

QPR don't have 3 seasons to develop him or his game. I am not sure that he would really be any better than Agyemang, who I am sure if he was playing for Aldershot or another side in L2, he would be in double figures for goals by now.

Comment

But what happened to Adam Miller, he came from Aldershot but was...well...****
                          My first game was boxing day 96 QPR 3-2 Norwich....yes we actually beat Norwich.

Comment

Working...
                          X