Briatore must lose his appeal.........for the good of QPR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Briatore must lose his appeal.........for the good of QPR

For many weeks and months I have been reading the boards and one thing is painfully obvious.... never before in my 30 years+ as a supporter, have the fans of our club been so unhappy, downbeat and fiercely divided over so many subjects.

All clubs at any given time will have fans disagreeing over certain aspects of their club be it a certain player, the chairman, manager, or tactics for example. But generally they pull together for the good of the club.

Whereas here at QPR we seem to be going the proverbial "t*ts up" with frightening speed.

QPR FC at the moment is simply not a happy place to be.

Managers, for whatever reason have come and gone too quickly.
    Players show signs of unrest and under achieve.
    Some signings have been both poor and ill advised.
    Fans have been charged for the "top of the range" model and been sold the "budget" one.
    Fortress Loftus Road is no more......the atmosphere all but gone.
    Fans staying away in numbers.
    Etc etc.......

Now I am coming to my point.

Fans are spending day after day argueing amongst themselves over who is to blame for all the different things wrong with the club.

It's the Managers fault, tactics, the board, GP, players, fans with agendas etc etc

However the one person who rarely gets the finger of blame pointed at him is Flavio Briatore.

Flavio Briatore, the supposed Saviour of the club!

Sorry, but I do not and never will accept that if he had not stepped in we would have gone out of business. There simply would have been someone else.
    Whether we would be in the same boat now or indeed better or worse off we will never know.

For all the things that we are not happy about with the club at the moment surely Flavio has to take the blame.

If he makes mistakes because of poor advice, then it is poor advice from the people he has employed.

Signings, loans, manager appointments, manager sackings, team interference, prices, contempt for fans .........we all know the list.

Ultimately for all the things we are unhappy with the blame has to land at his feet.
    As in Pete's own words ..........."Flavio holds the key as he decides absolutely everything."

The problem I think is that he simply has too much say over too many important issues and while he controls these decisions I just can't see us ever moving forward from where we are now. A mid table CCC team.

This is the reason that I firmly believe that the best thing for QPR FC is for Briatore to lose his appeal with F1 and for the FA to enforce the "fit and proper persons " rule.
    He would no longer be able to have the controlling interest and if the right people were to buy into the club or existing board members gained more of a say then I honestly believe it would be in all our interests, as opposed to one mans.

I wouldn't like to see him leave as I think he deserves to be able to have some involvement with the "project" he started and hopefully see it through to the promised land.
    I actually believe he does want good things for the club but on the evidence of the last 2+ years he has had far too much say and it simply isn't working.

The best post I have had read on here or any other board for months.
    Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Great post rodman.

Comment

Finally... someone else gets it.

Comment

Broadly agree BUT - who fills in the funding gap when Flavio wants his money back and/or sells the ground that he part owns? There's no way FB stays ANYWHERE unless he is head honcho.

FB leaving without a rich benefactor stepping in to replace him would make our 2001 - 2007 financial worries and machinations look like a tea party. Of course - that situation is the current incumbent board's fault but again, who steps in an writes off, conservatively, £30m

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJones View Post
            The best post I have had read on here or any other board for months.
            What he said ^^^^^^^^^^^
            Opinions are like A******s, everyone has one, but nobody wants to see the other guy's.
            -----------------------------------------------------------------
            https://twitter.com/#!/QPRBOB

Comment

First Class Post

Comment

So any legal eagles out there, will losing this appeal actually force him to change his role at QPR?
                Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Nodge, are you saying that the 2008-9 accounts will show a deficit of some £20m+? 2007-8 accounts show a £3m loss as when they first came in. And for all his bleating on about spending millions, I'm of the opinion that they've only spent our incoming budget each season.

Comment

Originally posted by qprsteve View Post
                    Nodge, are you saying that the 2008-9 accounts will show a deficit of some £20m+? 2007-8 accounts show a £3m loss as when they first came in. And for all his bleating on about spending millions, I'm of the opinion that they've only spent our incoming budget each season.
                    No - that's the operational profit and loss and doesn't take into consideration personal loans. Exactly the same as Chris Wright, FB, I'm sure, will want his full "investment" back should he leave. This includes 50% of the ground.

Comment

Top Post, but as I posted elsewhere, the FL will NOT push Flab out even if he loses the appeal as they do not have a legal leg to stand on - HE HAS NOT BEEN BANNED!!!! The only chance that this may cause his exit is if he loses and then decides to clear his decks to concentrate on 'clearing' his name OR if the Mittals decide that they want to step up to the Plate and buy him out.

I see neither happening and we have to be prepared to slog it out with Briatore at the helm hoping that he finally wises up and leaves football matters to football people - and that, friends is not gonna happen either!

Comment

Originally posted by rodman View Post
                        For many weeks and months I have been reading the boards and one thing is painfully obvious.... never before in my 30 years+ as a supporter, have the fans of our club been so unhappy, downbeat and fiercely divided over so many subjects.

All clubs at any given time will have fans disagreeing over certain aspects of their club be it a certain player, the chairman, manager, or tactics for example. But generally they pull together for the good of the club.

Whereas here at QPR we seem to be going the proverbial "t*ts up" with frightening speed.

QPR FC at the moment is simply not a happy place to be.

Managers, for whatever reason have come and gone too quickly.
                        Players show signs of unrest and under achieve.
                        Some signings have been both poor and ill advised.
                        Fans have been charged for the "top of the range" model and been sold the "budget" one.
                        Fortress Loftus Road is no more......the atmosphere all but gone.
                        Fans staying away in numbers.
                        Etc etc.......

Now I am coming to my point.

Fans are spending day after day argueing amongst themselves over who is to blame for all the different things wrong with the club.

It's the Managers fault, tactics, the board, GP, players, fans with agendas etc etc

However the one person who rarely gets the finger of blame pointed at him is Flavio Briatore.

Flavio Briatore, the supposed Saviour of the club!

Sorry, but I do not and never will accept that if he had not stepped in we would have gone out of business. There simply would have been someone else.
                        Whether we would be in the same boat now or indeed better or worse off we will never know.

For all the things that we are not happy about with the club at the moment surely Flavio has to take the blame.

If he makes mistakes because of poor advice, then it is poor advice from the people he has employed.

Signings, loans, manager appointments, manager sackings, team interference, prices, contempt for fans .........we all know the list.

Ultimately for all the things we are unhappy with the blame has to land at his feet.
                        As in Pete's own words ..........."Flavio holds the key as he decides absolutely everything."

The problem I think is that he simply has too much say over too many important issues and while he controls these decisions I just can't see us ever moving forward from where we are now. A mid table CCC team.

This is the reason that I firmly believe that the best thing for QPR FC is for Briatore to lose his appeal with F1 and for the FA to enforce the "fit and proper persons " rule.
                        He would no longer be able to have the controlling interest and if the right people were to buy into the club or existing board members gained more of a say then I honestly believe it would be in all our interests, as opposed to one mans.

I wouldn't like to see him leave as I think he deserves to be able to have some involvement with the "project" he started and hopefully see it through to the promised land.
                        I actually believe he does want good things for the club but on the evidence of the last 2+ years he has had far too much say and it simply isn't working.
                        Spot on!

I've been saying the same for many months now.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
                          No - that's the operational profit and loss and doesn't take into consideration personal loans. Exactly the same as Chris Wright, FB, I'm sure, will want his full "investment" back should he leave. This includes 50% of the ground.
                          The ground is the part that confuses me in truth... I understand Amit to hold the freehold but do flav and amit share the actual property? Or does amit own property as well?

Comment

Great post, get Flabbio out please. Mittal's and Amit are the way forward.

Comment

sorry but it's laughable to expect any people (let alone the "right" people) to magically appear and take flavio's shares off him. there are clubs that are far better prospective investments than us languishing unsold right now.

yeah, you're in dreamland. luton, southampton, you name it: that could have been us. i'm not exactly in love with the way the club is being run but one thing you have to accept is we got very very lucky, however poisoned a chalice that may seem now.

Comment

Working...
                              X