it cant be smith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it cant be smith

league rules forbid him from playing for 3 teams in one season,played for Watford earlier in the season,then signed for Portsmouth,so cant sign for us,apparently:(.read the very end of this piece..http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_S...ller_born_1980)..sorry,click on tommy smith,born1980 twice to get the piece
    Last edited by Rebel R's; 05-01-2010, 12:33 AM.

dont know if thats true. kitsons played for stoke and boro already this season.

sure there are loads of players in the same situation.

then again, i could be completely wrong

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle6973412.ece

but wouldnt the same situation apply to kitson and others?
    Last edited by SirLes; 05-01-2010, 12:38 AM.

Comment

On another site, it's claimed that this is a Premier league rule, not a Football League one.
      We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are...

Comment

I would love him to come to us!!:red_heart::red_heart::red_heart:

Comment

you say can't play for MORE than THREE, he has only played for TWO Watford and Portsmouth!

Comment

Loans do not count.

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
              Loans do not count.
              I think you are right. I think he can't sign permanently for us but could sign for us on loan till the end of the season. His registration can't be with more than two clubs in a season. We wouldn't hold his registration as he wouldn't actually be ours.

Comment

It is the same for Hieder and someone posted the other day that he heard there was a complicated deal being done for us to have Smith, Watford to have Heider, leaving Portsmouth not owing Watford any money for the original Smith deal.

Comment

"Meanwhile, the Premier League has confirmed that Pompey midfielder Kevin-Prince Boateng cannot play for another club this season.

Fifa rules allow players to play for only two clubs in a season and the former Germany Under-21 international has featured for Spurs and Pompey this term.

The 22-year-old Ghana hopeful had been linked with Blackburn"

Comment

Originally posted by Sharpy View Post
                    "Meanwhile, the Premier League has confirmed that Pompey midfielder Kevin-Prince Boateng cannot play for another club this season.

Fifa rules allow players to play for only two clubs in a season and the former Germany Under-21 international has featured for Spurs and Pompey this term.

The 22-year-old Ghana hopeful had been linked with Blackburn"
                    This seems more up to date than what I've read so no doubt is true.

Then there is no way that Helguson could join Newcastle (as reported at the weekend).

Comment

Quote from Ohara
                      ""I mean obviously it's up on the 15th so once I know then we can try and sort something out but I think there's a clause in it where Tottenham maybe want me to go to three clubs and if Portsmouth can't do it then maybe I'll be going elsewhere."

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
                        It is the same for Hieder and someone posted the other day that he heard there was a complicated deal being done for us to have Smith, Watford to have Heider, leaving Portsmouth not owing Watford any money for the original Smith deal.
                        Am I right to think the Premier League have just settled this debt (as well as those owed to Chelsea and one other) out of Pompey's slice of the TV money otherwise due to them at the end of the season? If so, does that not change things to some extent?
                        #standuptocancer
                        #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Working...
                        X