Very Basic Sums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
    their biggest signing was 1 million pounds on Peschilido from WBA in the championship
    Nope.

£4.9m for Louis Saha.

And that was in the Championship.

Plus paying the likes of Coleman, Pesch, Maik Taylor, Lee Clark all in excess of 10k a week - 10 YEARS ago - in the Championship not forgetting the massive expenditure on Keegan, Wilkins and Tigana. In the Championship.

Wigan paid even more.

Next example please.

Comment

• Pete like Marc said you are only talking about the out goings and you don't seem to be interested in the income.
      Our sponsorship deal was the biggest in the championship and it is huge if we get promoted.
      The reward for premiership football is a guarenteed £40 million a season.
      Money makes money, so it is down to the board to either take a 'calculated' risk or carry on as we are, which mean we will just be a midtable championship side.
      Lets not forget we wasn't the people taking about premiership football and champions league.
      Don't make promises if you don't have the balls to back that big talk.
      Oh and Pete stop defending the club.
      You must be getting some kind of back hander the way you go on.
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

• Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
        qblock bod in "talking sense" shocker!
        i even fooled myself!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rangersw12 View Post
          They also signed good Divison one players like Chris Coleman , Barry Hayles , Louis Saha , Rufus Brevett , Boa Morte and John Collins they also appointed a high profile manager in Kevin Keegan who then went to England so they appointed another high Profile manager Jean Tigana

They built a fanbase up over a few years with excellent season ticket prices and deals

We have done the complete opposite
          Thats quote of the day mate.
          I`ve always said we should follow fulhams example. They took a chance and pushed the boat out with signing Coleman(who was premiership then, fulham were in league 1) saha, etc. Plus they had a great motivational manager in Keegan at the time. But most important they had an owner/directors who let the manager get on with it!!

Comment

• Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
            Lets just take an average

Newcastle 40,000 supporters paying Average £25 a ticket = 1 Million turnover each home game = 23 Million Pounds revenue on home games

Nottingham Forest 20,000 supporters paying £25 a ticket= £500,000 turnover each home game= 11.5 Million Pounds revenue on home games

QPR 13,000 supporters payng £25 a ticket = £325,00 turnover per game equates to 7.4 million revenue on home games

Okay you can wrap in season ticket prices, but thats the average cost per game. You could argue that clubs have cheaper and more expensive seats, but this is just used an example, as whatever calculation you do its going to be more for the bigger clubs

In the championship, how can we compete with the above teams in terms of players wages and big signings?? I hear and read concerns that we are building up a debt, which no doubt is true, but surely with the squad we have, we are living beyond our means, as in reality in the real world without the investment, we would be struggling between the championship and Division 1 and not attracting the better type player.

22 Lets say our players average 10k a week (an average say) and based across players, thats £220,000 per week spread across 52 weeks equates to 11.4 million pounds alone in wages.

As you can see the its a deficit already and I'm just using a VERY simplified mathematical tool to put the point across, as so many things should be added.

I make the point, because some seem convinced we should be spending more??
            i do realizethis will antagonize a few people but the answer is transparent,also simple.break into gp's safe deposit box,reclaim the photo.burn it,then get rid of him.

Comment

Working...
            X