Utterly mystified by running of our club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Utterly mystified by running of our club

Take the Kitson saga. We are told it is not happening because he is on 30k a week. Well as a bag of spanners like Agyman is on a four year contract rumoured tb not too shy of 10k a week - how much did we expect a prem player to be on when his contract was signed as part of a £5.5m transfer? Frankly it cd easily have been more.
    So what happened? Knowing Stoke are desperate to raise transfer funds did we ring up begging for a loan, "oh, btw, plse wd you also mind terribly paying half his wages?" And we are surprised Stoke haven't exactly leapt at our offer. Un-believeable.
    And then there is the whole way this was spun. To tripple underline I'm not having a go at Pete who follows the team home and away; those who don't like gossip should not visit a gossip site. But I thought we agreed after an earlier debacle that in future Pete wd be more cautious. He can still post the story - despite what certain members on here think - but there is no need to hype it: "We have asked Stoke about Kitson" wd still have got the message board juices flowing, but without the new Labour style disillusionment which follows when the punters realise they have been spun.
    Anyway, back to Kitson. We were told "wait till January when the squad has been assessed". Well it has been assessed from every angle and found wanting in all the places we knew about plus in one or two others as well. If our solution to that is not Kitson or similar, then assuming Gianni, Flavio et al are not stupid the only explanation can be that there is no budget for proper signings.
    IF we simply sign Webber or similar - and i take pete's point the window has scarcely opened so we migtht still be pleasantly surprised, i guess - then i'd actually prefer us to sign nobody, as such players are clearly not going to get us up so are just a waste of money. Yes we have five players who most other championship clubs wd love, but that is the frustration. We have half a great team. Alas we also have several players even a modest championship club wd laugh at. And it wd seem - from all we have seen SO FAR - we are not going to change that...

bag of spanners brilliant
    @chrisrobson9

Comment

There was a budget if it looked like we would get promoted, we don't so there aint.

simples.

We are not bringing in the revenue so the board wont gamble money
      Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

we're not far off the playoffs, our board are just a bunch of stingy ****s wanna do it on the cheap

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJones View Post
          There was a budget if it looked like we would get promoted, we don't so there aint.

simples.

Am sure you are right Scott. So why not have brought in a proper manager at the start of the season and given him the funds then? And why even bother enquring about Kitson etc when clearly we will struggle to finance the purchase of anyone with more than one working leg...?

Comment

Originally posted by Magic View Post
            we're not far off the playoffs, our board are just a bunch of stingy ****s wanna do it on the cheap
            Actually our board are a bunch of intelligent businessmen with proven experience. I much happier having them in charge and a club to support that looking forward to super signings such as Cullip, Rainman, Nardiello and co. FFS the FA has only just opened shop and because we haven't signed anyone people have already started bitching! You moan about the prices and for that you have had the chance to see players like Watson, Parajo, Routledge, Cook, Buzacky etc etc all donn a hooped shirt. Those players costs haven't even been covered by our increased prices and other revenues brought in. Things have improved drastically on and off the pitch and yeah there has been a few shockers in terms of signings which we don't need to go on about as its all been said before, but at least we are now competiting with signing some of those bigger names.

Yeah there is speculating to accumilate but there is also such a thing as flogging a dead horse. Until we get the balance correct we may only make small amounts of progress - BUT WE ARE PROGRESSING. We could go out and blow £20 million on players and still not get anywhere. There are no guarantees in football!

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzer1977 View Post
              Actually our board are a bunch of intelligent businessmen with proven experience. I much happier having them in charge and a club to support that looking forward to super signings such as Cullip, Rainman, Nardiello and co. FFS the FA has only just opened shop and because we haven't signed anyone people have already started bitching! You moan about the prices and for that you have had the chance to see players like Watson, Parajo, Routledge, Cook, Buzacky etc etc all donn a hooped shirt. Those players costs haven't even been covered by our increased prices and other revenues brought in. Things have improved drastically on and off the pitch and yeah there has been a few shockers in terms of signings which we don't need to go on about as its all been said before, but at least we are now competiting with signing some of those bigger names.

Yeah there is speculating to accumilate but there is also such a thing as flogging a dead horse. Until we get the balance correct we may only make small amounts of progress - BUT WE ARE PROGRESSING. We could go out and blow £20 million on players and still not get anywhere. There are no guarantees in football!

Good post but I don't agree with the statement I highlighted.
              Lack of transfer funds, freebies loans etc is why we are not competing in the league. Forest have shown ambition and are reaping the rewards.
              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Look at Forest. They were **** last year, worse than us. They got in a proven manager and proven Championship players (even our own Mr.Blackstock). Where are they now, oh yes they're 3rd , and 2 points off the automatic places.

They spent money. They are reaping the benefits.

Comment

Is there a parrot in here?
                  I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                    Is there a parrot in here?
                    sorry about that, didn't see your post

but at least someone else sees sense:waaaht::waaaht:

Comment

I dont see how though. We have ST holders that are brought in a lot of money, then we have match day sales. Then we have a sponsership deal with Gulf Air that is 6th best in the country, or along those lines, plus 20mil from Lotto. Then we have Santander, and that new partner aswell. How is this not covering the outgoings?

Comment

dazzer - I haven't even mentioned ticket prices. i agree the board have spent far more than they've raised so ticket prices are a complete red herring.

i wd love to believe you but just fail to see how 10 managers or whatever it is in three years is any kind of progress. seems to me more like running in circles. agree the players are a lot better for which im v v grateful, but just don't get the point of the club going for it about 70-80% then not going the final hurdle. If you don't tackle the weakness in the squad we won't go up, then another manager will be sacked and it will be the same next season too. why is that progress? im not having a go or a moan, just genuinely curious.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJones View Post

simples.

See, this is the bit I don't understand. We don't look like getting promoted because:

a) we have holes in our squad that have never been properly addressed, and
                          b) because the board refuse to employ a quality manager/coach who can work within the management structure they have put in place. Despite having spent massive amounts of money employing and dismissing a series of managers/coaches who could never have succeeded in that same management structure.

And then not enough revenue is being brought in. That seems to suggest that if we had the ground packed to the rafters every week, we'd be generating the necessary revenue? Well, that could be achieved, but not at the over inflated prices being charged for what is in general terms a very poor product, not the exciting product we were promised when prices were increased so significantly. However, being in the Prem would pretty much guarantee sellouts every week.

There are some on here who say the board are shrewd and intelligent business people, but if they seriously expected getting out of the CCC to be anything other than a loss leader, then they have very seriously miscalculated. If another season goes by with another uninspiring managerial appointment, and another uninspiring set of player signings, maybe a few big players heading for the exits, where do they think revenue streams will be next season?

Any successful businessman will tell you that there are times when you have to speculate to accumulate. Providing the investment to do about 85% of the job and refusing to fund the final 15% required makes no sense.

Unless of course you ran out of money to invest at 85% and are only prepared to borrow the extra 15% because the jackpot (in this case promotion to the Prem) is virtually guaranteed. And that, for FB, is exactly what I think has happened.

Comment

Just a note.

i never mentioned Kitson, until someone else did.

Just for the record
                            ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                            THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                              Just a note.

i never mentioned Kitson, until someone else did.

Just for the record
                              You did.
                              Not on the public board.

But you sent a PM(s), which found their way into plenty of inboxes. Mine included.
                              They spread, as you well know.

Faye, Kitson, Webber, and a keeper from Pompey. That came from you.
                              This I know.

Nothing terrible about that, but don't make out you haven't dropped specific names.
                              Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

Working...
                              X