No announcement yet.

To those that said Beckford wasn't good enough! Pffttt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beckford would have been a great signing. Leeds are better than us at the moment anyway - regardless of division.

They will be in CCC next season and Prem within 3 or 4. Probably before us. Beckford WILL be playing at a higher level that QPR soon.

Unfortunatley - we missed any chance of him going anywhere for 2.5 million. His tag has gone up.

To suggest didn't play well is silly. He proved he doubters wrong and won the game. His overall performance was good and the pundits seem to agree.
    twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

I think the fact that you agree with the ITV pundits says it all really, and really sums up your intelligence or should I say lack of it?
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
        I think the fact that you agree with the ITV pundits says it all really, and really sums up your intelligence or should I say lack of it?
        Are you talking to me?

If so we could get our qualifications out...as Hanson would say - "put your medals on the table"....and see who is more intelligent.

Or maybe we could meet up and do some IQ tests?

And for the record - I wasn't talking about ITV pundits, as I didn't listen to them.
        twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Absolutely nothing in Beckford's display yesterday made me believe he would be a top quality signing. Poor first touch (even for the goal), lack of awareness and didn't exactly work hard either.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
            Absolutely nothing in Beckford's display yesterday made me believe he would be a top quality signing. Poor first touch (even for the goal), lack of awareness and didn't exactly work hard either.
            Do you think we are better off with what we have though? For me scoring goals is what a striker is paid for. Linekar didn't work hard, but scored goals.
            twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Nodge, you just dont like him do you and if you think he is not better than our current shocking strike force, I am amazed.
              Last edited by paulmason; 04-01-2010, 11:23 AM.

Comment

The entire beckford debate is pointless - the reason we will never get him is not because he isn't good enough but because he isn't cheap enough, end of argument.

Comment

Up against Rio & Vidic and Van Der Sar he would not have scored either. Wouldnt suprise me if Fergie ripped brown & kuzsaks head off to let that daisy cutter goal in.

I do think his better than all our strikers though apart from Simpson
                  @chrisrobson9

Comment

Wes Brown is a shocking defender.
                    Should never be at a club like man u and he has had luck like Phil Neville another player with very limited ability
                    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Point is its not about 1 game...he scores consistently and he's NOT expensive at £2.5M...I feel we had a chance a few months ago to take the bull by the horns and sign him but usual QPR our 'money men' bottled it...lazy or not Nodge as a previous poster put Lineker was hardly the most mobile striker in the world,some would say goal hanger but he done slightly ok didn't he?!

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
                        Nodge, you just dont like him do you and if you think he is not better than our current shocking strike force, I am amazed.
                        Sure he's better than what we have. Possibly except Simpson but certainly not worth any punt for the type of money Leeds want for him.

Seen so many of these type of players over the years who get headline goals, a big transfer but can't make the step up as they are simply not good enough (Simon Garner, Trevor Senior, Ian Ormondroyd, Cascarino, Izale McLeod etc........). Beckford is another one.

Comment

There was an article in yesterdays' NotW saying that it was time for Beckford to show that he has the temperement and ability to play in 'big games'.

He had previously failed to score in a number of big games, including 5 play-off matches and other important matches. Yesterday was the 1st time he showed his scoring ability in a top game.

Comment

£2.5m for a player out of contract in 6months, behave £1m tops. Whenever I've seen him on Sky he always mucks up 3 or 4 chances before he gets a goal. Sure thats fine in League One because playing for a quality team in that divison you will get plenty of chances but in the Championship that may not be the case. I have a friend who's a Leeds Season Ticket Holder and he does not think Beckford would be able to make the step up. Time will tell I suppose.

Comment

on sky sports this morning it stated newcastle put in a bid of 1.25mil.......only half what people have been saying.

Comment

You would have to be a mug to pay £2.5m for him

Comment

Working...
                                X