Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To those that said Beckford wasn't good enough! Pffttt

Do you feel rather silly now?

For many months myself and a fair few others have been calling for this kid to save this crumbling football club...but what do we hear from you 'knowledgable football brains' out there

1)He won't cut it in the championship (we will see)
    2)David Nugent & Billy Sharp comparisons
    3)To much money (£2.5m for a prolific striker?)

The guy scores every damn week look at his record and only today he scores against a very very near on first x1 Manchester United team... wake up and smell the coffee for £2.5m its a snip!

Scored one goal after a poor first touch, and the keeper was at fault.
    Pulled a good chance wide in the 2nd half.
    Didn't see much today to excite me, but then I'm not a knowledgable football brain.

Comment

Originally posted by Fawny View Post
      Didn't see much today to excite me, but then I'm not a knowledgable football brain.
      Yea and the game ended 1-0...think that puts it down as a winning goal...scoring a shiit goal and adding to your already superb tally for the season is the sign of a good striker in my book

Comment

won't get him BUT SHOULD HAVE..agree... 2.5 mil was a snip..one chance and in the bag..end of..next please!!
        PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

128 goals in 206 games god shocking return... :byebye:

Comment

Originally posted by Fawny View Post
            It was one goal more than £100m worth of talent including Rooney, Owen, Berbatov and Wellbeck scored, who also had poor first touches all game and pulled good chances wide.

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
              It was one goal more than £100m worth of talent including Rooney, Owen, Berbatov and Wellbeck scored, who also had poor first touches all game and pulled good chances wide.
              some people on here wanted helg back???? come on.....
              PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
                Superb point... but hang on theres great news on the horizon we are after Simeon Jackson from Gillingham zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

Leeds looked like they could steam-roller us at the moment, even without Beckford. I'd have him on that performance alone. At least he made the Man U. defence uncomfortable. I dread the depressing alternatives we'll end up with. They'll make Pellicori look good. I have no faith in the club's commitment to Premiership football.

I'd prefer mid table and 4-3 every week either way. At least its a commitment to a style of football and entertainment. If we're serious about the top level 1-0 does it for me. If we're pretending then at least make it interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
                    Do you feel rather silly now?

For many months myself and a fair few others have been calling for this kid to save this crumbling football club...but what do we hear from you 'knowledgable football brains' out there

1)He won't cut it in the championship (we will see)
                    2)David Nugent & Billy Sharp comparisons
                    3)To much money (£2.5m for a prolific striker?)

The guy scores every damn week look at his record and only today he scores against a very very near on first x1 Manchester United team... wake up and smell the coffee for £2.5m its a snip!
                    My sentiments exactly
                    ;D
                    We're Queens Park Rangers, we rule supreme

Comment

Ian Holloway didn`t think he was good enough, so that settles this argument then don`t it??!!

Comment

Well, I guess we'll see in time. Been left in the Third Division a long time though.........
                        He'll be operating at a higher level either this season or next, then we'll know.

Comment

Couldn't agree more. Made Wes Brown look like a total mug rather than the mug he usually looks.

They were petrified of him.

Strong/Fast/Skilful/Good in the air.

Interestingly sounded like Dowie loved him in the commentary, think he might have tried to buy him?
                          :drunk:

Comment

Beckio is the better all round player at Leeds,beckford the better finisher.Both would would be v good additions.
                            Saying that though Grant Holt isprolific in that Div and hes a cart horse.
                            Last edited by Gtleighsr3; 04-01-2010, 10:07 AM.
                            Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

i think

o think you are missing the main point,of we had a manager like venables or francis there are better strikers in the conferance that beckford,but we have never had a good manager at qpr,since gi gi and flav have took over,none of our managers have the confidence to shop at that level

Comment

Working...
                              X