Why can't managers just be honest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
    That is so reassuring to know, whatever next ... a p*ssing contest?

Oh and the French Revolution took several years to fizzle out BTW :exciting:
    ...and the spanish armada took a long time too....most ships were wrecked sailing round ireland....but this isn't a history MB ;)
    twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Magilton was the most honest manager we have had since Holloway and look where it got him.

My opinion of Hart is that he is a coach doing a managers job. Already he appears to be pandering to the 'big names' in the dressing room, players look happier but still are not playing anywhere near good enough.

Sack the board.
      :drunk:

Comment

Originally posted by ahR View Post
        He wouldn't have to single out any particular players he could say that as a team we defended poorly etc there are ways these points can be conveyed. To just try and bluff it out is pointless IMO as this just gets fans' backs up I feel.

I realise that there's always a bit of psychology involved and wanting to show a united front etc and that he might well be saying something very different to the players but I'd still prefer more honesty....
        Agree, unlike Magilton did, a manager just needs to say the team's defending and performance wasn't of the expected standard.

No player(s) is/are singled out. It is a team game afterall.

Comment

I think however the manager is tyrying to give them confidence, its ok running players down however it does drain confidence which is something you don't want to do especially with the pro footballer.

Looking at it I would say he's trying to boost the team moral and confidence as we have been clearly lacking in that department.

Comment

Originally posted by kingy10 View Post
            Magilton was the most honest manager we have had since Holloway and look where it got him.

My opinion of Hart is that he is a coach doing a managers job. Already he appears to be pandering to the 'big names' in the dressing room, players look happier but still are not playing anywhere near good enough.

Sack the board.

No he was not honest, that's the point, players get shouty managers with a bit of argy bargy all the time, what Magilton did was pick on certain individuals both publicly and privatley time after time irrespective of what had happened for 90 minutes on the pitch. When a leader acts that way the collective will turn against that leader because people hate bullies.

Comment

Working...
            X