Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
    Very good post w12.

He has 10 from 20 now with some of those as a lone striker, some out on the wing, most substituted too early and some playing alongside Agyemang (who isn't a good partner up front) - just think how many he would have scored playing alongside a recognised number 9.
    Well the club have an opportunity in the Jan transfer window to make that haappen but unfortunatly this Danny Webber rumour makes me think this will not happen.

I'd ask Forest if they fancy loaning us Adebola for the rest of the season, its clear we are not going to spend much on a fee for a striker. The fact that we have players such as Vine, Ramage, Hall, Ageymang, Helguson on big wages and long contracts means we cannot bring the players in we need to make a go of it....that is the bottom line.

In an ideal world we would bring in Leon Best or Dave Kitson but the reality is it will not happen.

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
      Well the club have an opportunity in the Jan transfer window to make that haappen but unfortunatly this Danny Webber rumour makes me think this will not happen.

I'd ask Forest if they fancy loaning us Adebola for the rest of the season, its clear we are not going to spend much on a fee for a striker. The fact that we have players such as Vine, Ramage, Hall, Ageymang, Helguson on big wages and long contracts means we cannot bring the players in we need to make a go of it....that is the bottom line.

In an ideal world we would bring in Leon Best or Dave Kitson but the reality is it will not happen.
      As I've said in other threads we think that quantity is more important than quality. With Mahon out injured and Watson and Reid having returned to their clubs our central midfield is short by one player. But if we have a starting midfield of Faurlin and Leigertwood why do we need both Faye and Quashie especially when Mahon is returning soon?

Comment

i think most of us like and appreciate Simpson. his work rate and goals are what we've all been crying out for. most see the situation as him needing help up front rather than replacing.

however, he is not our player. what would worry me is the more the scores, the higher the price that arsenal will slap on him. will our owners cough up the millions needed to buy him? why not buy him now, he's surely proved himself? maybe he doesnt want a permanent move here?

Comment

As I've said in other threads we think that quantity is more important than quality. With Mahon out injured and Watson and Reid having returned to their clubs our central midfield is short by one player. But if we have a starting midfield of Faurlin and Leigertwood why do we need both Faye and Quashie especially when Mahon is returning soon?
          We find ourselves asking these questions all the time, are we the fans wrong....

Why haven't we signed ourselves a Big No. 9 since the takeover?
          Why do we sign 6 centre halves and no full backs?
          Why do we continually play players out of position?

You can go on and on...bottom line is there is not a football man steering this ship, otherwise we wouldn't be making half the mistakes we have done / are in the transfer market etc
          Last edited by W12_Ranger; 03-01-2010, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
            Why do find ourselves asking these questions all the time...

Why haven't we signed ourselves a Big No. 9 since the takeover?
            Why do we sign 6 centre halves and no full backs?
            Why do we continually play players out of position?

You can go on...bottom line is there is not a football man steering this ship, otherwise we wouldn't be making half the mistakes we have done / are in the transfer market.
            The answer to the first two questions is because the players we bought instead were cheaper. We signed Ramage although he was never needed because he was cheaper than signing a proper right back. We signed Borrowdale because he was cheaper than signing Spurr or Fox. We signed Agyemang because he was cheaper than Ebanks-Blake.

As for playing people out of position this is due to having had umpteen different managers all with different ideas and different people's players and never being given enough time to work out who plays where and who is good, who is bad and what positions are missing.

Until we appoint a manager and give him full control over team affairs and give him 3 seasons to make mistakes we will never learn.

Why sign Webber, Quashie and Faye when we could just sign Kitson? Because as you say we have no footballing minded person at the club. Love him or hate him Paladini isn't a footballing person.

Comment

The answer to the first two questions is because the players we bought instead were cheaper. We signed Ramage although he was never needed because he was cheaper than signing a proper right back. We signed Borrowdale because he was cheaper than signing Spurr or Fox. We signed Agyemang because he was cheaper than Ebanks-Blake.

As for playing people out of position this is due to having had umpteen different managers all with different ideas and different people's players and never being given enough time to work out who plays where and who is good, who is bad and what positions are missing.

Until we appoint a manager and give him full control over team affairs and give him 3 seasons to make mistakes we will never learn.

Why sign Webber, Quashie and Faye when we could just sign Kitson? Because as you say we have no footballing minded person at the club. Love him or hate him Paladini isn't a footballing person.
              I agree 100%, with Legiertwood, Buzsaky & Faurlin we have cover for the centre midfield - Ephriam is also capable of playing there IMO.

We are totally unbalanced on the field of play, with Cook and Mahon on the way back the signing of a playing like Kitson would enable us to play a convential 4-4-2 no problem - which is the only formation we should be playing in the CCC IMO.

Comment

agree with this thread

simpson is the man of the moment

we must do everything to sign him in this window

forget beckford would prefer simpson all day

Comment

Not sure Simpson would have made Wes Brown look as bad as Beckford did though.

Agree that Simpson is under valued by the fans, but disagree that he is better or as good as Beckford.

Personally think they would link up very well.
                  :drunk:

Comment

Originally posted by kingy10 View Post
                    Not sure Simpson would have made Wes Brown look as bad as Beckford did though.

Agree that Simpson is under valued by the fans, but disagree that he is better or as good as Beckford.

Personally think they would link up very well.
                    granted i dont think simpson is better than beckford but he seems a down to the earth guy and doesnt have an attitude problem like beckford

Comment

Working...
                    X