Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Data Protection - Pete Myu

Pete/Myu

Please can you direct me to the relevant section of the Data Protection Act that allows you to pass personal information to a 3rd party without the express permission of the orginiator?

NB. Terms and conditions of registration do not supersede the law of the land.

The board admin are leaving themselves open to personal prosecution under the terms of the Act if pursued by a poster who has had their personal data passed to the club.

I'd be more worried about that than threats of mb closure from the club. Additionally I would also advise that under the terms of the legislation you are required by law to disclose what data you have disclosed to the 3rd party at the request of any individual whose data you hold. There is a charge for this but under the legislation it cannot exceed £10.

The boy Nico should be able to advise but I'd like an answer in the public forum on the specifics of your authority under the DPA as this is vital to all users of the board.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Nodge70; 03-01-2010, 11:43 AM.

I'm not admin anymore but whats this about? Someone has passed something on to someone?? pm me if you like
    Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

No. Just an addition to the thread Pete locked regarding the IP address problems where MYU mentioned the admins could pass IP addresses and personal details to the club if the club requested.

In my view that's probably illegal and opens the admins of the board to all sorts of potential and costly ramifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
        No. Just an addition to the thread Pete locked regarding the IP address problems where MYU mentioned the admins could pass IP addresses and personal details to the club if the club requested.

In my view that's probably illegal and opens the admins of the board to all sorts of potential and costly ramifications.
        Well I agree.

The only time information would/should be passed is if the police requested it - this happened on dot.org during the Harry Smart "situation"
        Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

This board has been running for 2 and half years and no-ones details have ever been passed onto a 3rd party.

The reason it will ever be passed onto anyone would be in a criminal investigation, that has never happened or likely to happen. Thats the reaility.
          ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
          THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJones View Post
            Well I agree.

The only time information would/should be passed is if the police requested it - this happened on dot.org during the Harry Smart "situation"
            Personally doesn't bother me overtly as I'm sure most know me anyway.

Others may not be as relaxed and for their peace of mind and for the personal protection of Pete, MYU and the rest, this really needs addressing as a matter of urgency.

Comment

Thats good to hear but is at odd with what was posted yesterday on the apology thread Pete

"The only time this website will give information is if the police or QPR football club ask us to help with enquiries, not for anything else."

I imagine thats why the question has been raised.
              its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                This board has been running for 2 and half years and no-ones details have ever been passed onto a 3rd party.

The reason it will ever be passed onto anyone would be in a criminal investigation, that has never happened or likely to happen. Thats the reaility.
                Just for clarity Pete would those details only be passed to the police and the club rebuffed under DPA if they were to ask?

Good to hear but not what MYU mentioned hence the elongated question.

Cheers.
                Last edited by Nodge70; 03-01-2010, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Myu wording is wrong. (you know it can happen)

The only time they would be passed on is if a criminal investigation was taken by the police and we had to give it.

In 2 and half years they have never been requested for or been given. All related boards are the same.

Its something we may have to look into if it was requested, but we've never been asked for them in all the time I have been running this board.
                  ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                  THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Thanks for the update Pete.

Be careful you guys are covered if the question is ever asked.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterG View Post
                      Thats good to hear but is at odd with what was posted yesterday on the apology thread Pete

"The only time this website will give information is if the police or QPR football club ask us to help with enquiries, not for anything else."

I imagine thats why the question has been raised.
                      i wanted to post this before but they closed the thread. i wonder why!.
                      as i understand it the owners of the mb,possibly qbp and myu.would be obliged under law to reveal details of it's clients,us.possibly!for the law to get info from newspapers,if they're reluctant to give it is expensive and time consuming.i imagine the mb's situation maybe similar.
                      to wind this up.this is a susposedly independent website,no connection with the club at all.at the drop of a hat they would divulge all your personal info to the club.or do they just really mean gp.

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                        Myu wording is wrong. (you know it can happen)

The only time they would be passed on is if a criminal investigation was taken by the police and we had to give it.

In 2 and half years they have never been requested for or been given. All related boards are the same.

Its something we may have to look into if it was requested, but we've never been asked for them in all the time I have been running this board.
                        ^^^^ Thank you Pete

Comment

Working...
                        X