Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QPR FC - ownership - the future?

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
    I'm only a fan and a small shareholder but its painful at the moment!
    Isn't the majority of Barcelona FC owned by their fans? Personally I think that's the future. It would resolve a heck of a lot of problems. Football clubs should not be treated just like any other business, where you can go to a competitor if youre unhappy with the product/quality of service etc, simply because for the majority of customers its a 'lifetime' decision. Jumping ship is never an option. The paying customers (fans) should therefore have a stake in the running of their club, which would form part of the wider community.

Thoughts....

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
    Isn't the majority of Barcelona FC owned by their fans? Personally I think that's the future. It would resolve a heck of a lot of problems. Football clubs should not be treated just like any other business, where you can go to a competitor if youre unhappy with the product/quality of service etc, simply because for the majority of customers its a 'lifetime' decision. Jumping ship is never an option. The paying customers (fans) should therefore have a stake in the running of their club, which would form part of the wider community.

Thoughts....
    wasn't Chris Wright a fan

i'll get my coat

Comment

Barca is a fake model driven by spin. Sure the members elect a president every now and then but that aside they're every bit as cynical as Chelsea, United and Milan.

Supporter Trust run large clubs will never work IMO.

Comment

Thoughts....
        how does it work then?

do supporters all own an equal share?

if they dont own a equal share i can see problems with that model

just like some fans seem to think that because they go to more games than others they have more of a opinion than those that dont

Comment

Originally posted by HA9 RANGER View Post
          do supporters all own an equal share?
          Season ticket holders would, for starters...

I'm just thinking out loud with it at the moment, chucking it into the ether...

Comment

Season ticket holders would, for starters...

I'm just thinking out loud with it at the moment, chucking it into the ether...
            i would of thought you need a much larger fan base than QPR's to make this work

Comment

Wasn't it someone like Ebbsfleet that sold the club as shares to fans.And everyone voted on decisions?.

Comment

Originally posted by stan_bowles View Post
                Wasn't it someone like Ebbsfleet that sold the club as shares to fans.And everyone voted on decisions?.
                Yes i think it was and it was a flop if i remember rightly

Comment

Originally posted by HA9 RANGER View Post
                  Yes i think it was and it was a flop if i remember rightly
                  I think they even had votes on team selection and signings.

Very odd.

Comment

Working...
                  X