Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

so if we are bringing in the famous five...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so if we are bringing in the famous five...

while Bale is not an option, are we to suppose that we are happy with our existing full-backs?

I am not happy with our full-backs.. they have conceded 36 goals already!!! the highest in the top half of the championship table.

Comment

With a stronger midfield, they won't be under so much pressure. Simples..
      ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

True.

I always said that if a team is playing badly, always look at your midfield....

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
          you mean like Sousa's teams

Comment

[QUOTE=qblockpete;214037]With a stronger midfield, they won't be under so much pressure. Simples..[/QUOTE

One of the most stupid posts I've read. Ever

Comment

Kinda missing the whole point there and you are also making a very big assumption.

Present Full Backs offer very little going forward and defensively they are not the strongest, we should not be relying on the ability of other players to make up for our lack of ability in other areas of the pitch.

Full Backs have been an issue for some time now as well as a big Centre Forward who wins the ball in the air and doesn't get muscled off the ball. I know it, you know it and everyone else knows it.

Comment

[QUOTE=terry ball;214059]
                With a stronger midfield, they won't be under so much pressure. Simples..[/QUOTE

One of the most stupid posts I've read. Ever
                seems perfectly logical to me!!!
                oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

That is :surrender:true!! It ALL started when Mahon and Rowlands got injured. Since then It seems to be a huge gap between midfield and defence backwards and sideways. Strange that this hasnt been solved with players from our current squad really, but obviously we havent got the players with the will to tackle nor the vision to be able to break/block a pass.
                  In other words, MAHON AND Rowland were immensly important players to our team.

Comment

So having only 1 natural FB (who lets face it, is average at best) at the club is enough to push for promotion because we are strengthening our midfield????????

Comment

Buzz, routledge and adel contribute very little defensivley. it's important to have solid fullbacks with pace, too often we have been done out wide, resulting in a goal. A right back is must, ramage Is a centre half and comes in for some unfair stick.

Comment

Yeh, look back over time at every successful club, NONE of them EVER had a decent pair of fullbacks, and ALL relied on their front 6 making sure the ball NEVER got past their world class midfield.

Christ-on-a-bike...I really worry about you sometimes Pete. Wilson and Bardsley ring any bells? You might have been supporting Chelsea then, so go Google them...
                        QBP 20th August 2009..."To be fair, I'm glad we are top of the table (for agents fees). Shows we are not a selling club anymore."

Comment

Originally posted by W10 RANGER View Post
                          I am not happy with our full-backs.. they have conceded 36 goals already!!! the highest in the top half of the championship table.
                          nothing to do with the centre backs then.....2 man defence...ok

Comment

name one full back at qpr??
                            ramage and connolly are centre halves...i assume borrowdale then???
                            legs is midfield...

we have needed 2 decent full backs for 5 yrs....padula was ok and kelly was good.
                            forbes, was ok?? until "incident" and new career at grumsby.

Comment

Originally posted by themodfather View Post
                              name one full back at qpr??
                              ramage and connolly are centre halves...i assume borrowdale then???
                              legs is midfield...

we have needed 2 decent full backs for 5 yrs....padula was ok and kelly was good.
                              forbes, was ok?? until "incident" and new career at grumsby.
                              Bignot has never been replaced. We must have signed (i'm only guessing here)somewhere in the region of 40-50 players( inc loans) since the takeover. Not one of those have been a right back. Why?

Comment

Working...
                              X