This is how to get promoted.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is how to get promoted.

The club is currently like an out of control ship. There is no leadership at the club whatsoever. It really needs some drastic action. Here is my plan to stabilise the club and give us a chance (slim) of achieving promotion.

1. Get rid of Hart. Obvious he is a stop gap solution. Not a sinlgle player worth his weight will sign for us. Players sign for Manager and Money simple as that. Everyone knows he'll be gone by May.

2. Get rid of Paladini. I appreciate all he has done in getting us rich owners but the guy really does not have a clue. He is director of football and the football side and the manager circus have been disgraceful and embarrassing. Time to go. He has been involved in every bad decision, I'm not sure what it is but he is not trustworthy. Remember the gun incident???

3. Employ Terry Venables as Director of Football. Great contacts, well respected will give the club stability and great experience and a feel that we are going places. Will also re-unite disenchanted fan base. Let him run the show.

4. Employ Alan Curbishley. Guarantee him at least a year in the job and allow him to start again and build a side. Give him 10-15 million to spend in January. We need to build a side that has a mix of youth (trying to prove themselves) and experience (have been there before and know how to win.)

5. Let these players go. Ramage. Borrowdale. Ephraim. Ainsworth. Alberti. Pellicori. Stewart. Helgusson.

6. BUY (not loan) these players. If we had 15 million. I'd buy Beckford (3million) Ambrose (2.5m) Sol Campbell (free). Shorey (2.5 M) Kitson (2.5 m), Ryan Bertrand (1.5) and Hutton (3m)
    :drunk:

Numbers 3 and 4 are a contradiction.

Because Curbishley or Coppell wouldn't work under a DoF, even Venables.
    They don't need to. They know enough... far more than Mr Paladini does about how to build a unified squad/team.

Just scrap the idea of a DoF, like Spurs did. Look at the effect that had.
    It's not about Paladini as a man, nothing personal.... it's his role that is not needed.
    Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

Originally posted by kingy10 View Post
      The club is currently like an out of control ship. There is no leadership at the club whatsoever. It really needs some drastic action. Here is my plan to stabilise the club and give us a chance (slim) of achieving promotion.

1. Get rid of Hart. Obvious he is a stop gap solution. Not a sinlgle player worth his weight will sign for us. Players sign for Manager and Money simple as that. Everyone knows he'll be gone by May.

2. Get rid of Paladini. I appreciate all he has done in getting us rich owners but the guy really does not have a clue. He is director of football and the football side and the manager circus have been disgraceful and embarrassing. Time to go. He has been involved in every bad decision, I'm not sure what it is but he is not trustworthy. Remember the gun incident???

3. Employ Terry Venables as Director of Football. Great contacts, well respected will give the club stability and great experience and a feel that we are going places. Will also re-unite disenchanted fan base. Let him run the show.

4. Employ Alan Curbishley. Guarantee him at least a year in the job and allow him to start again and build a side. Give him 10-15 million to spend in January. We need to build a side that has a mix of youth (trying to prove themselves) and experience (have been there before and know how to win.)

5. Let these players go. Ramage. Borrowdale. Ephraim. Ainsworth. Alberti. Pellicori. Stewart. Helgusson.

6. BUY (not loan) these players. If we had 15 million. I'd buy Beckford (3million) Ambrose (2.5m) Sol Campbell (free). Shorey (2.5 M) Kitson (2.5 m), Ryan Bertrand (1.5) and Hutton (3m)

Wont really argue about your comments there.

I would add that I would tell Curbishley he has at least 2 years, unless it is clear that QPR have no hope of making progress, i.e. stuck in the bottom half around 15 points adrift from the play-offs. I would also try and sign Boyd for around £2M (he is free to sign a pre-contract agreement with QPR in January if he wanted to).

I would also be interested in bringing back ****tu. I know he tends to hoof the ball, but he has good aerial ability, strength and pace and would compliment Gorkss.

Comment

Venables and Curbs would work well together. All clubs now have someone that oversees the football strategy and does a lot of the negiotiating.

Currently we have a dodgy football agent at the helm, trust him?
        :drunk:

Comment

The Board have to make a plan and be open about what and how they are trying to achieve, we need to hear from them and they need to open up and have regular discussions with the fans (decide who that is and explain the purpose is to listen to aspects that can help the fanbase grow) However much i like him and we do need a popular well respected person at the club I personally would not let Venners anywhere near the finances yes he is one of the best coaches ever but dodgy as hell when it comes to money.
          The future's Amit the futures not orange

Comment

Venables would be as bad as Paladini in that role.

Comment

Paladini and Briatore... birds of a feather. Enough said.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
                Venables would be as bad as Paladini in that role.

Yep. Ask Portsmouth fans.

We have no need for a DoF... if we had a good manager.
                Only rookies, journeymen and puppets need one of those.
                Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

Working...
                X