Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Delaney...we have no chance of success!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delaney...we have no chance of success!!!!!!

Delaney denounces Briatore regime

30 December 2009

Damien Delaney challenges Jay Simpson during Ipswich's 3-0 win over QPR
    FORMER QPR defender Damien Delaney has launched a scathing attack on the way Flavio Briatore runs the club, saying they have 'no chance' of success.

Delaney, who left Loftus Road to join Ipswich last summer, slammed Briatore's relentless policy of hiring and firing and insisted Rangers would have won promotion had the co-owner not sacked Iain Dowie.

Writing in Town's match programme on Monday, the Republic of Ireland international said: "When it happens every three months or so, like it does at QPR, you will never be successful. If you run a football club like that, you've got no chance.

"There's been no stability there since Flavio Briatore took over. You can't keep chopping and changing every five minutes - you need continuity, on and off the pitch.

"QPR have had seven managers in the last two years - they can't all be wrong. Look at Iain Dowie - he got sacked after 15 games. We were three points off second place. Crazy.

"The lads loved Dowie and, if he was left in charge, we would have got promoted to the Premier League. I guarantee you that."

However, Delaney was full of praise for QPR's fans, adding: "They are very passionate for their club. They are genuine, good people and they have been promised the earth but it's not been delivered yet.

"I should imagine they are very frustrated. Flavio has been at the club for two years or so now and said he would do this and do that and it's not happened

Would someone like to take qpr to the small claims court for not providing a better matchday experience?

How about you Scott, you like court cases, and want to rid your ST?
    Last edited by Olly; 30-12-2009, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Couldn't agree more. Many players feel like that hence we can sign anyone
      :drunk:

Comment

After hearing Delaney speak at the fans forum he went up a million % in my estimation

the bloke talks the truth

unfortunately for us
        Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Well he is right, although the football under Dowie was hoofball!

Comment

Originally posted by ollyhoops View Post
            I don't think it was quite as bad as hoofball.

It wasn't particularly entertaining, but at least the team looked fit and organised, which is more than I can say it has this season.

And he was sacked with QPR well on target for the play-offs.

I wish he had not been sacked.

As for Delaney. Yes he is speaking the truth.

Briatore has promised so much and delivered very little except increased expectations, increased wage bills, increased compensation payouts to managers & their staff, and of course, increased admission prices. And has succeeded in taking the club further away from the fans.

Comment

Originally posted by ollyhoops View Post
              Delaney is talking rubbish about us getting promoted last season we were destined for mid table under Dowie.

The only man capable of getting us promoted since the takeover was Sousa and it would have happened this season.

This whole Dowie myth needs to be dismissed, we were going no where under him and was no better an appointment than Paul Hart....but sure he had a 50% win record blah blah blah.

Comment

Sousa is not the answer.
                I can tell you now W12 that swansea will NOT be top 6 come the end of the season.
                I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                  Sousa is not the answer.
                  I can tell you now W12 that swansea will NOT be top 6 come the end of the season.

Sousa was building something here, look what he has to work with at Swansea and then look at how they are doing.

Swansea may miss out on the Top 6 (just) but one thing is for sure they will finish above us.

I never enjoyed Sousa's football or Dowies but Sousa has a mindset and winning mentality which is required to get out of this division.

If Sousa was here now we would be playing as a team and a single unit.

All we needed to do this season with Sousa in charge was to bring in centre forward and a midfielder and we would have been flying.

Comment

Ok good answer and I can't really argue that response.
                    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Can't disagree with any of that really, I think we would have been play offs minimum with Dowie!

Comment

Originally posted by Fez View Post
                        Can't disagree with any of that really, I think we would have been play offs minimum with Dowie!
                        Well those who went to Swansea,think the sack was 100% warranted!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                          Ok good answer and I can't really argue that response.
                          None of us enjoyed Sousa's football but its the end product what matters.

Dowie for what it is worth should take credit for organising the defence and improving fitness level at the club. Sousa carried Dowies work on, the defence never fell apart under him and infact it improved.

At Swansea he has proven that as a defensive minded coach he is arguably the best in the divison. A great example on how you can **** something up you inherited is Magilton when he tried to reorganise things at the back.

Delaney will never give Sousa credit because Paulo dropped him for Connolly who is right footed and has to be the biggest insult you can get if you are a LB.

Trust me Dowie and Sousa's careers are heading in the complete opposite directions.
                          Last edited by W12_Ranger; 30-12-2009, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
                            Sousa was building something here, look what he has to work with at Swansea and then look at how they are doing.

Swansea may miss out on the Top 6 (just) but one thing is for sure they will finish above us.

I never enjoyed Sousa's football or Dowies but Sousa has a mindset and winning mentality which is required to get out of this division.

If Sousa was here now we would be playing as a team and a single unit.

All we needed to do this season with Sousa in charge was to bring in centre forward and a midfielder and we would have been flying.
                            You have a good point about Sousa.

QPR now have the midfielders in, Leigertwood, Watson, Routledge,Tarrabt, Buzsaky and forward (Simpson) he would have needed to have made QPR a tight defensive unit capable of scoring 2 goals a game in his favoured 4-2-3-1formation. I haven't included Faurlin, because he joined as a Magilton signing and of course Mahon & Rowlands becuase they are injured.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                              You have a good point about Sousa.

QPR now have the midfielders in, Leigertwood, Watson, Routledge,Tarrabt, Buzsaky and forward (Simpson) he would have needed to have made QPR a tight defensive unit capable of scoring 2 goals a game in his favoured 4-2-3-1formation. I haven't included Faurlin, because he joined as a Magilton signing and of course Mahon & Rowlands becuase they are injured.
                              Lopez would have done the job instead of Faurlin....very good player I thought!

Comment

Working...
                              X