Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

where has it all gone wrong since derby?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where has it all gone wrong since derby?

before then, for me being young, was the best football i have seen the r's play. now its possibly the worst feeling i have had not knowing what is going on, its as if everyone has just given up and dont care.

apart from a headbutt and managerial replacement, what has changed?

its like watching brazil to watching barnet (no offence).

Asking myself the same question :(

Confidence is the only thing I can think of.
    @chrisrobson9

Comment

i'll use routledge as a prime example, however good of a footballer he is, he just isnt the same.

fitness? perhaps, who knows.

but when we was tearing sides apart he was running at them and causing havoc, now hes just there gets the ball and passes it, no urgency. you just want him to run and run at them but he just isnt.

Comment

We have no leader on the pitch. To me it shows how valuable it is to have a Rowly or Mahon in the team.
        18th August 2011. The day we got our Rangers back

Comment

the winning run was just papering over the cracks,this team is nowhere near "the 4 year plan" far too up and down and ship too many goals;and that is a team problem and not a defence problem.playing far too open and midfield players are not getting back to help the defenders;ie rowlands and mahon are a massive blow in that department

Comment

It would be easier to explain the origins of the universe.

Comment

agreed.......before the 'run' we were two bob!........now its over we're two bob again!!!
              you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rangersroar View Post
                It would be easier to explain the origins of the universe.
                One day the almighty powerful one was bored, so he decided to have his own world. He decided on a 7-day plan, which would start full of promise and hope.

However things started to go wrong quickly. Temptation and greed was given in to, the promise of a premier world seemed far away and a vacuous piece of spin, and soon factions were fighting and happenings in the world were bewildering everyone. The almighty one was more concerned with cosmetics and appearances than tangible success, and despite short periods of peace and beautiful times, things kept going wrong and he meddled even more.

The Almighty one then sent in his Messiah, a good looking man with olive skin, to replace the ugly devil who had taken charge without the almighty one's true support. But soon the Messiah was sacrficed by so called community leaders, and went off to save another world successfully this time. Leaders arrived and went, and and things came to a head but still nothing was done...

The Almighty one now has to decide where the future of the 'world' lies. Is there a Judas amongst the ranks, creating all the issues, will the Almighty one be foudn to be an imposter, will India rule the world...

All will be revealed soon. Or will it.

Comment

Must admit,

When we won those 3 games, I was convinced that we had something special there, especially watching the Derby match.

Since then, it has gone downhill, the injuries combined with the magilton row took us off rail completely.

Comment

Magilton got a swollen ego, displayed appalling man-management skills, and started tinkering. Which p*ssed off the squad.
                    That spread.

We lost our leaders on the pitch, Mahon and Rowlands.

We were quite quickly sussed by other teams, and stamped out our only way of playing. Too easilly bullied.

We will always be fragile and prone to eratic form because there is no direction, unity, leadership and pride in playing for the manager and the shirt.

We are a mess. And that's down to the structure and methods of the man at the top table.
                    He creates confusion, turmoil and division.

BUT..... We are ONE decision away from pointing the whole club in the right direction and eliminating all the above:
                    Remove the unneccessary layer of "Sporting Director", give Gianni another role at the club, and appoint a Football Team Manager that commands respect and trust. And who has the CV to slap on the table and say "I know my stuff, I've proved that... and you will do it my way, or f**k off".
                    Set him a budget, let him wheel and deal within that set budget, keep your nose out, trust him, and sit back and watch us improve - fast.

You want evidence of that? Look at Spurs 12 months ago, and now.

For me, that man is Curbishley, or Coppell.
                    Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

well said goddard

Comment

It didnt start at Derby ,clubs been fooked in one way or another from the start of our relegation from Prem season.Weve never been the same club from then.
                        Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

we got carried away with a very short run of decent results....?
                          twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

What Goddard said.
                            "Originally Posted by qblockpete
                            QPR will finish at least in the Play offs
                            Swansea will finish in bottom 6
                            Middlesboro will finish champions"

Comment

QPR were never really as good as those wins against Barnsley, Preston, Reading and Derby suggested. I said at the time, that those were not good sides and that QPR would struggle against better sides in November and December.

Yes - QPR have missed the leaders Rowlands and Mahon.
                              Yes - QPR have been sussed.
                              Yes - Roultledge has not been as influential since the Derby game (I have also stated this a few times).

For me, QPR have poor defenders and if Gorkss, Connolly & Stewart had been fit and in the side for most games, the defence might have played better.

However, neither full back was good enough, and Williams hasn't been an improvement on Borrowdale.

Stewart has always been inconsistant and frustrating (even last season he messed up a few time and cost the team some goals).

Hall is dreadful and a liability whenever he plays Against Bristol C, he almost gave away a penalty (it should have been given) and gifted a late chance to then too that would have cost QPR the win.

QPR's strikers do not score enough goals and we have all been crying out for a decent striker for the last three seasons.

I also think that selling Camp was a huge mistake. He provided good competition for Cerny and without him Cerny has let his game drop a few levels. Hopefully Heaton will re-join on Friday and go straight into the team.

Comment

Working...
                              X