Thoughts On The game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts On The game

We were slow out the blocks and Legiterwood failed to find a pass from about 5 yards, and we were punished. Ramage was flat footed for the goal and was clearly done for pace by their winger. The goal took a deflection and we were soon 1-0 down. We played some good football after that, but should really have been 2-0 down, when Cerny had to make a great save to his left, though their striker looked offside.

The passing seemed only to go from left to right, then back right to left. The final pass was missing and even though many fans will criticise legiterwood, I made a point of watching Watson as I know it his last game (rumour is, Wigan want him back, he wants to sign for us, but we have decided not to buy him, not sure he is going to cardiff), he WON 2 TACKLES the whole game, His mind was on going back to Wigan and for that reason, Faurlin should have been given the nod.

Anyway, I digress. We went into half-time losing 1-0, without ever really threatening, though Tarrabt did have a chance and maybe a question against Simpson who went down in the box, but it was so far away, hard to see if it was a penalty.

We started the second half, much the better side. In fact, so much so we could have scored, but our shooting was wayward. Don't think their keeper had a shot to save, Tarrabt was making things happen and he was very good today. MOM.. When the second goal, our heads went down. How Stead gets a shot around Gorkss is beyond me, as Gorkss seemed to be sticking to him like glue, but he must have lost concentration for that split second. We were still the better team, with more possesion, without ever really threatening, the 3rd went in and the mass exodus of QPR fans started to leave the ground.

We got beat by a poor side today and many players underperformed, and something seems to be missing. These kind of players will be great, whent things are going well, many are flair players who can entertain and win games when given space, but the other side of football we don;t have. I mean winning dirty, getting stuck in. Don't think, I have seen a player for sometime now go into a 50-50 challenge. Take Watson for example, how long has he been on 4 bookings now?? I'm not advocating bookings, but to me it shows some kind of determination.

Upside today.. Great to see a decent performance from Tarrabt

Down side Today and Probably for about 2 months Buzsacky and Watson. Sorry to say, but its Buzsacky without the buzz, you can tell in his body language he is not happy. He could have been sitting on the bench today with Pellicori and would have played better.

Ramage is a a good defender, but simply cannot cross or get into dangerous areas. I would love him to be good, because he is one of the few likeable players we have at the club, but in reality he is short of what is required based on recent performances. Such a shame, because if the players had his attitude we would be further up the table.
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

ramage is a good defender ####in hell i thought all the xmas cracker jokes were over!!! what a laughable statement.

Comment

all about opinions
      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

I left early as had a long drive back to Norwich!

We got beat by a poor team today you say? Well that surely makes us dire!

As for Tarrabt, we should sling his bottom back to Spurs (who don't want him).
        Watson wants to come here you say, but we (GP) has said no? Very unlikely. More likely storey - we are rubbish and he wants a chance to play in the Prem and he aint goona get that with us any time soon, so he chooses cardiff or any other team with better prospects. The fact that he is p.iss poor is the only blessing. Nice try at bigging up GP though for this so-called decision!

Comment

Can you not do a post without reference to Gianni?

It wasn't a party political broadcast, it was just what I was told on the coach back

Comment

Pete, if only Taraabt would learn to pass the ball.
            Paul Goddard said on bbc London that the players weren't even making run's anymore cause Adel wasn't passing!!!

Comment

I was thinking today that maybe at sheffield we should pair faurlin and connolly in centre mid. Two great passers, connolly will get the tackles in and they will both look to create with there passing and not just go from right to left as we did today. Put legs at right back, buzz behind simpson and tarrabat on the left. Worth a try in a game which lets be honest isnt important

Comment

Touchy 'ol soul aren't we? I know you love him, but except others don't - majority I would say.

Comment

Probably right, but the post wasn't trying to make a political statement.

End of the day, we need scapegoats for not fulfilling our aspirations consdering our financial input, so quite right questions should be asked on everyone. I just disagree on where the main blame is aimed at.

Comment

Originally posted by theblackmafia. View Post
                    Touchy 'ol soul aren't we? I know you love him, but except others don't - majority I would say.
                    I think its more to do with the fact were all massively down about QPR at the minute!...
                    Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                      Probably right, but the post wasn't trying to make a political statement.

End of the day, we need scapegoats for not fulfilling our aspirations consdering our financial input, so quite right questions should be asked on everyone. I just disagree on where the main blame is aimed at.

Firstly I do not believe for one second that my comments are being noted and may influence anybody at our club thus resulting in GP being removed. I have no web based campaigns on the go, flyers and I do not wear badges or fly flags stating my desire to see him removed from our club. I have no desire or need to be directly involved at QPR, so I have no need to place myself or anyone else in a position to take over from GP. I do not - unlike your good self - actually have an agenda, even a political stance to make. I am not 'rallying the troops' for a march, nor am I going to higher an aeroplane to fly a banner across London.

I could go on but I am thougherly bored.

Comment

So am I. Its very boring, considering I have made no contact with your leader since the club got rid of Magilton.

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                          So am I. Its very boring, considering I have made no contact with your leader since the club got rid of Magilton.

My leader? When did you speak to my missus?

Comment

Originally posted by theblackmafia. View Post
                            When did you speak to my missus?

Comment

Working...
                            X