Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Either Spend Properly, or tell us you are never going to...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Either Spend Properly, or tell us you are never going to...

...that is my message to the board. Either do this properly as Fulham did, or let us fans know you are never going to truly invest. That way, we know what to expect and we don't get this constant disappointment because we were promised a lot more.

On top of that, get rid of any Director Of Football role and model ourselves on Man Utd. They are the most successful club in England. We don't need foreigners who have no real history in the game other than as an agent or in a different sport altogether (F1) telling our managers how to do it and who to buy. And then sacking managers and staying on themselves.

In January, we either spend properly, or tell us that this is a stop-gap until Summer, or tell us that this is as good as it gets in terms of spending.

top post mate.........

Comment

I'm of the believe that if you take over any business you should look at how your competitors run their business and try to model yourselves on the successful ones. As you rightly say for pitch success and turnover than look no further than Manchester United in the long term. But for short term look at our neighbours down the road. Small fan base, lower league football, low turnover. Now they are beating the likes of United at home, playing European football, have a bigger fan base and more than likely have a bigger income.

Comment

Originally posted by Stedders View Post
        ...that is my message to the board. Either do this properly as Fulham did, or let us fans know you are never going to truly invest. That way, we know what to expect and we don't get this constant disappointment because we were promised a lot more.

On top of that, get rid of any Director Of Football role and model ourselves on Man Utd. They are the most successful club in England. We don't need foreigners who have no real history in the game other than as an agent or in a different sport altogether (F1) telling our managers how to do it and who to buy. And then sacking managers and staying on themselves.

In January, we either spend properly, or tell us that this is a stop-gap until Summer, or tell us that this is as good as it gets in terms of spending.

It's really that simple.

But like I've said, self-preservation rules at Rangers.

It's slowly killing us.
        Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

well said

Comment

Top post

Comment

Originally posted by Stedders View Post

In a nutshell.

Comment

If you're going to post something like that, think about what you mean 'invest'. Personally, if they are spunking their money up the wall, I couldn't give a toss about Paladini handing out Mr Average a four year contact on £10k a week or whether Player X was worth £5m.

Investment means spending to accumulate it DOES NOT mean by any stretch of the imagination lending money to the club, which I suspect is what they are doing.

Seeing as they actually made a profit out of the last two transfer windows (there is NO WAY that they paid anyone more than £1m for Faurlin no matter how they spun in on the offish), I doubt that they will be paying megabucks out . They will spend a bit to get a couple of average, big time charlies in, but won't address the weaknesses in the squad. I can say this because those weeknesses have been the same for the last two seasons - strikers, full backs, central midfielders (despite signing 3,000 of them, we're still looking for Mr. Wright...) and a vocal leader on the pitch.

Model ourselves on Man Utd? Don't be silly. What they need to do is look at who has done what we are trying to do successfully over the last ten - fifteen years. Fulham are a good example, as are Wigan. Reading weren't doing much wrong until they got to the big league, Dull City and Sjoke are doing OK; Charlton didn't do too much wrong until Curbs went.

You want short terms success, you get a top football man in and you ask him what he needs and then TRUST him to do his job right. You DO NOT tell him to come in and dictate to him how he does his job, you don't present him with players he doesn't want and you certainly do not get your suntanned fat #### in to discuss tactics / formations / players with him when you have sweet f-all knowledge on football.

Then longer term success comes with a proper youth development programme - first step, regain Acadamy Status, then get a successful youth development team in - PalARSE don't seem to be doing too bad at the moment and West Ham have done alright over the years.

But no, we have a meglamaniac at the top, who dictates EVERYTHING because he trusts no-one with his money and because he once lucked out big time in 'discovering' Michael Schumacher he thinks that he KNOWS sports business.

And, 'in a nutshell', this is Flabio's club, not ours, so what are you going to do?

Roll on that hearing in January; I suspect that when he gets off OR when the FL realise that he is not banned from F1 anyway so they can't impose their ban, things will start coming out of our beloved Chairman's mouth once more and we might have a clue on what his intentions are.

I just wish Amit would break his 6 month odd silence to give us a clue - no-one's heard anything from him since Crashgate.

Comment

Working...
                X