What would you protest about ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you protest about ?

There have been so many comments about holding a protest / demo, but Im still struggling to understand what you would hope to achieve.
    Could you just tell me for what reason you would protest & what, if anything, you would hope it would achieve from a demo ?

If anyone can give a good reason and a reasonable expected outcome I will join you.

Would probably achieve nothing-but a lot of fans may feel a bit better having let-off some steam about the way our club is being "run".

Comment

dont think the protest will happen personally, just talk.

Comment

Paladini: The Cancer at our Football Club.
        Remove him by fair means or foul, we will never, ever be successful whilst that individual is still associated with our football club, FACT.

Comment

Originally posted by KLR View Post
          Paladini: The Cancer at our Football Club.
          Remove him by fair means or foul, we will never, ever be successful whilst that individual is still associated with our football club, FACT.
          OK, remove him.

What will change?

I'm sure QPR wil FB making all footballing and non footballing decisions will be a huge success!
          Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

To be honest I think the majority talking about a protest want others to do it on their behalf as most will be at their keyboards while the game is being played.

Each to their own and one of the best things about being English is the right to protest but I think anything planned tomorrow will fall flat as most fans are only interested in a day out at QPR and not the behind the scenes rubbish.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJones View Post
              OK, remove him.

What will change?

I'm sure QPR wil FB making all footballing and non footballing decisions will be a huge success!
              Everything will change for the better, Everything.
              To be honest I'm DUMBFOUNDED that there are still so called "QPR Fans" out there that see fit to defend / be apologists for this individual.
              I never liked him & always thought that he was bad news for QPR, but after this tawdry episode, I feel nothing but raw hatred for the man.
              Briatore is Briatore, I feel no emotions for him either positive or negative, apart from the basic observation that I think all of us have made "HE KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT FOOTBALL"
              Can the Indian Guys come in and sort this mess out once & for all ? Who knows ?
              We cant start a new season like this, its just beyond words what a joke this situation has become.

Comment

Agree that probably no protest will take place although it should.

The situation needs to get sorted out...
                We're Queens Park Rangers, we rule supreme

Comment

Originally posted by qpr_yuley View Post
                  Agree that probably no protest will take place although it should.

The situation needs to get sorted out...
                  What situation and how does it need to be sorted out ?

Comment

The situation we're in now with all players ect being low on morale, the managerless situation.

and it can be sorted out by appointing a proper manager ASAP i hope...
                    We're Queens Park Rangers, we rule supreme

Comment

Originally posted by qpr_yuley View Post
                      The situation we're in now with all players ect being low on morale, the managerless situation.

and it can be sorted out by appointing a proper manager ASAP i hope...
                      I suspect the players morale is low because a lot of them realise they are not good enough and will be shown the door this summer.

Comment

People seem to be angry, rightly, over a number of issues. I would have presumed they were obvious. If you don't care about them, and don't wish to protest, or simply think it is not worth doing...then don't. Other people, regardless, are going to try and at least make their voices heard.

The ticket pricing - the ST prices are disproportionately high for our status, the quality of football being player, the quality of players employed and the quality of the match day experience, when compared to other clubs.

The lack of stability - I echo the sentiments that the Board patently just don't seem to know anything about football. The vast majority of successful football clubs have rich owners with little footballing know-how. Thus, they employ a proven, decent manager and delegate him responsibility for what's happening on the pitch - i.e. having the biggest say in transfers, and being able to have complete control over tactics and team selection. This is NOT happening at QPR - instead we have had no long-term manager for 18 months, and each of them have complained about the interference. We will never, ever have any form of success unless we bring in a competent manager who is allowed to just get on with it by the Board.

The ridiculous transfer policy - As people have already pointed out, we need strikers, we need full-backs. We need proven professional players if we are serious about promotion - no more baby-sitting Briatore's continental mates' kids. No more average players on ridiculously long and expensive contracts who are attractive because they come from Paladini's agent mates. Real investment in transfers, please, with direct input from listening to the manager's concerns.

A culture of deceit - The spin emitting from this club is incredible. We are consistently kept in the dark, with leaks appearing left, right and centre with dubious consequences. Sometimes, we have been openly lied to. No more crossed wires, more open-ness, more meeting with the fans and actually listening to our concerns (unlike the complete debacle of the STs.) We are not stupid children, we are concerned football fans, and are mature enough to know what the hell is going on.

Comment

Originally posted by C.Mongler View Post
                          People seem to be angry, rightly, over a number of issues. I would have presumed they were obvious. If you don't care about them, and don't wish to protest, or simply think it is not worth doing...then don't. Other people, regardless, are going to try and at least make their voices heard.

The ticket pricing - the ST prices are disproportionately high for our status, the quality of football being player, the quality of players employed and the quality of the match day experience, when compared to other clubs.

The lack of stability - I echo the sentiments that the Board patently just don't seem to know anything about football. The vast majority of successful football clubs have rich owners with little footballing know-how. Thus, they employ a proven, decent manager and delegate him responsibility for what's happening on the pitch - i.e. having the biggest say in transfers, and being able to have complete control over tactics and team selection. This is NOT happening at QPR - instead we have had no long-term manager for 18 months, and each of them have complained about the interference. We will never, ever have any form of success unless we bring in a competent manager who is allowed to just get on with it by the Board.

The ridiculous transfer policy - As people have already pointed out, we need strikers, we need full-backs. We need proven professional players if we are serious about promotion - no more baby-sitting Briatore's continental mates' kids. No more average players on ridiculously long and expensive contracts who are attractive because they come from Paladini's agent mates. Real investment in transfers, please, with direct input from listening to the manager's concerns.

A culture of deceit - The spin emitting from this club is incredible. We are consistently kept in the dark, with leaks appearing left, right and centre with dubious consequences. Sometimes, we have been openly lied to. No more crossed wires, more open-ness, more meeting with the fans and actually listening to our concerns (unlike the complete debacle of the STs.) We are not stupid children, we are concerned football fans, and are mature enough to know what the hell is going on.
                          Best reply so far. But are you not happy with the 5% reduction in ST prices ?

Comment

Originally posted by QuarterPoundeR View Post
                            Oh, cheers.

I am happy there has been a reduction of sorts, but I am unhappy that it still doesn't bring us into line with the kind of prices being paid for by other clubs of a similar standard and similar match day experience. I know that London makes a difference, but I still don't think 5% brings us onto a more level playing field, in real terms.

I'd also say that I am more concerned that it seems a bit of a cop-out by the club, and that it is more of a PR stunt. While I welcome a reduction, for sure, I definitely think this would never have happened if the recent ****-ups had not occurred, and we hadn't kicked up a fuss. If anything, I think that shows even more of a reason that protesting is necessary.

Comment

Can you really be bought off so cheaply? They increase prices massively last season, then give us a 5% decrease, half of which is actually the cut in VAT that they refused to give us when it was introduced.

Smoke and Mirrors.
                              A message to the other Premier League clubs when they visit Loftus Road.....

"NUESTRA GLORIA, VUESTRO INFIERNO"

(If you don't understand it, then learn Spanish. It is the language of world football.....)

Comment

Working...
                              X