What would you have done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you have done

As a new manager taking over a team on a bad run of form who have dropped 20+ points from winning positions in less than half a season and who had failed to create a single chance in the second half of a game and already conceded a goal in that half

putting on 2 extra defenders may seem extreme to some of you and its not the way any of us would choose our hoops to play normally but if you need to give more protection to your left back who is a better option than borrowdale from those available and if you need someone to get a tackle in and bolster the centre back, Connoly or who?

I think there are a lot of people living in cloud cuckoo land. Hart did what he felt was right and it delivered 3 badly needed points. I say fair play, well done and its something to build on. It certainly isnt the end of the world

We have problems with our squad, why people consistently go after manager after manager when the real problem is elsewhere beggars beleif. how much longer must we continue like this before people wake up to the reality of the root cause of the problem
    its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Taken off our defenders and brought on our attackers to go for the 6-1 win. obviously.

Comment

Spot on PeterG

Comment

No problem with the theory of "shutting up shop", "closing out the game" or whatever you want to call it, but I thought bringing on extra defenders was more likely to cause confusion - too many cooks an'all that........
        I think we won despite Harts substitutions, not because of them.
        We had been defending way too deep, and should have been pushing the defence out and trying to defend in their half where possible.

Comment

i'd have had hogan back and had him run at em....we worried about them and never made them think of our pace.

Comment

Working...
          X