X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just back from burnley

long day not many rangers there poor atmosphere
    positives
    Defensively again we looked solid delaney, ramage, connoly and gorkks all had excellent games defensively although gorkks distribution was dreadful. Rowan Vine in his first game back looked really sharp tired in about the 65th minute and should of came off earlier but really did look fresh and up for it. Lee cook came on early in the 2nd half and i was really impressed went on a few good runs and beat his man a few times, but did miss a sitter.

negatives the midfield was non existent leigertwood today didnt look up for the battle at all for what ever reason and him and ephraim didnt click at all. routledge went on a few good runs but looked no where near as good as he did when he first joined same applies to taraabt. Also cernys distribution was terrible he kept either throwing to gorkks who was about two yards infront of him or throwing to a man already under pressure.

Thanks for that, Dan.

Comment

Originally posted by QblockDan View Post
      long day not many rangers there poor atmosphere
      positives
      Defensively again we looked solid delaney, ramage, connoly and gorkks all had excellent games defensively although gorkks distribution was dreadful. Rowan Vine in his first game back looked really sharp tired in about the 65th minute and should of came off earlier but really did look fresh and up for it. Lee cook came on early in the 2nd half and i was really impressed went on a few good runs and beat his man a few times, but did miss a sitter.

negatives the midfield was non existent leigertwood today didnt look up for the battle at all for what ever reason and him and ephraim didnt click at all. routledge went on a few good runs but looked no where near as good as he did when he first joined same applies to taraabt. Also cernys distribution was terrible he kept either throwing to gorkks who was about two yards infront of him or throwing to a man already under pressure.
      Yep, I'd agree with that, and would add that Lopez, when he came on for Hogan, knitted the 6-man midfield well, and things did start looking a bit better. In fact, the 4-6-0 started attcking and looking more like a 4-3-3 by the end.

Hogan looked well peed off today, and was doing a lot of arguing on the pitch, including kicking a ball very petulantly against the wall. He did NOT look a happy bunny and I fear the business over Sousa might have resulted in him wanting out -- which would be a shame.

We met the team coach today, and several of the players looked very, very down -- not on-the-beach-itis, but a real melancholy. Hogan and Alberti in particular looked very unhappy, and few of the squad looked as though they were in the right mindset for the game. I really expected, having seen them like that, for us to get royally tonked by Burnley, and actually, they did a lot better on the pitch than I would have predicted, given their general demeanour.

You want a captain? Well, Legs was very poor -- but for me, he is NO captain -- doesn't rally the team. Your captain today? ROWAN VINE, who was constantly geeing the others up, and telling them to wake up, keep it up, use your eyes etc. etc. Now THERE'S someone doing a captain's job.
      Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

Originally posted by swanleyhoop View Post
        Yep, I'd agree with that, and would add that Lopez, when he came on for Hogan, knitted the 6-man midfield well, and things did start looking a bit better. In fact, the 4-6-0 started attcking and looking more like a 4-3-3 by the end.

Hogan looked well peed off today, and was doing a lot of arguing on the pitch, including kicking a ball very petulantly against the wall. He did NOT look a happy bunny and I fear the business over Sousa might have resulted in him wanting out -- which would be a shame.

We met the team coach today, and several of the players looked very, very down -- not on-the-beach-itis, but a real melancholy. Hogan and Alberti in particular looked very unhappy, and few of the squad looked as though they were in the right mindset for the game. I really expected, having seen them like that, for us to get royally tonked by Burnley, and actually, they did a lot better on the pitch than I would have predicted, given their general demeanour.

You want a captain? Well, Legs was very poor -- but for me, he is NO captain -- doesn't rally the team. Your captain today? ROWAN VINE, who was constantly geeing the others up, and telling them to wake up, keep it up, use your eyes etc. etc. Now THERE'S someone doing a captain's job.
        Bloody hell we are bad when they need telling that!

Comment

Just got back! average game from both sides really. Maybe someone should have told Burnley that we have no strikers and therefore posed no real threat going forwards. They could have relaxed then and maybe made more of a game of it.
          Disappointed to see that those more pro Sousa leaving couldnt be arsed to see the first game without him in charge but hey. Job Done ;) ;)

Saying that Cook should have scored late on

Comment

Burnley are certainly nowhere as good as when we played them in the league at home.
            Or perhaps we have gradually got better at stopping teams playing.
            I wasn't terribly disappointed with the team's performance, given the circumstances of this week.
            No booing either, so clearly those who were there weren't too unhappy.

Comment

ohh yh one last point i forgot to mention interesting to see are formation at the end of the game was 4 -6 not one recognised striker playing

Comment

Too many players seemed affected and distracted by matters going on off the field. At half-time the players seemed to trudge off with their heads down. It can't be easy with that egotistical dictator Briatori at the helm.

Comment

Dan, I won't even mention the-person-who-sucked-up-to-flavio!
                  After all he said about FB and GP, I still can't believe he did that!

Comment

Originally posted by rangersroar View Post
                    Too many players seemed affected and distracted by matters going on off the field. At half-time the players seemed to trudge off with their heads down. It can't be easy with that egotistical dictator Briatori at the helm.
                    Very low morale -- they need the fans more than ever right now.

Comment

yhh with ur other half shouting abuse, and someone shaking his hand lol

Comment

Originally posted by swanleyhoop View Post
                        Dan, I won't even mention the-person-who-sucked-up-to-flavio!
                        After all he said about FB and GP, I still can't believe he did that!
                        Who, who!?

Comment

Originally posted by QblockDan View Post
                          yhh with ur other half shouting abuse, and someone shaking his hand lol
                          omg, did you hear my other half go off on one?
                          Sooooo embarassing, but, as he said, he was only shouting what a lot of people are saying and thinking -- just wish I hadn't been sitting next to him at the time!

Comment

Originally posted by TheBlackMafia View Post
                            Who, who!?
                            No name needed, but he got an appropriate amount of flak from various people, including names like "two-faced" etc!

Comment

yhhi heard him alot of people say they willl do it but dont have the balls to
                              good for him making his feelings heard

Comment

Working...
                              X