Reality check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
    Where are the Norwich's Charlton's and Wimbledon's of this world now?
    I'd suggest they all were punching above there weight when in the prem league, Norwich have a bigger fan base then ours and could not maintain prem league status, its all to do with financing and stability and this club can't compete ( even with the owners) with the wages and cost that come with being in the Hollywood league , not on our crowds.
    The point I'm making is those clubs have proved, in recent history, that it can be done, given the right structure and backing. Take Fulham, a similar sized club, and look at what they've achieved. Wigan is another example. They were a non-league club not that long ago.

Thats five examples I've given you now. How many more do you want?

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
      The point I'm making is those clubs have proved, in recent history, that it can be done, given the right structure and backing. Take Fulham, a similar sized club, and look at what they've achieved. Wigan is another example. They were a non-league club not that long ago.

Thats five examples I've given you now. How many more do you want?
      I agree Stanley and the points that Goddard make are very good ones too.

The original poster has a point but as others have shown we don't have to not be successful because we are small. Burnley are another team who averaged smaller attendances than us last season but are now enjoying Premiership football. They didn't spend zillions but invested in a manager and allowed him to make mistakes (the signings of Penny and Berisha were particularly poor) but they learnt from them.

Comment

Working...
      X