Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proud

...........Not me Ainsworth

After once again taking over as Caretaker Manager, it was Gareth Ainsworth who was in a reflective mood as QPR succumbed to a 1-0 defeat at the hands of Burnley at Turf Moor.

Clarke Carlisle, the former Rangers defender, snatched the winner minutes into the second half but Ainsworth was proud of his players despite the loss. Speaking to www.qpr.co.uk, Ainsworth said. "With these close games, sometimes you win them, sometimes you don't but I can't fault the effort put in by the players.
    Article continues
    Advertisement

"Burnley's always a tough place to come but the lads battled away to the final second. I have a lot of respect for Owen Coyle and what he's trying to do here, they are a well organised side and I'm very proud of the boys."

As referee Mr Haywood awarded the goal, he was confronted by R's keeper Radek Cerny who claimed Carlisle's header had struck the arm of Clarets midfielder Chris Eagles. Ainsworth remained philosophical, saying, "Sometimes you get away with it but today we didn't and the luck went Burnley's way.

"On another day, the linesman spots it and we come away with a point. But Radek's ran 30 yards out of his goal to protest and he's a very honest lad is Radek so that says everything to me. He claims it was Eagles who touched it just in front of him. I think they've got away with it today."

Looking ahead, and with perhaps thoughts of a late charge into the playoffs all but gone, Ainsworth was quick to highlight that there was still something to play for in the final five fixtures of the season. "I told the lads that we have to see out the final few weeks of the season in the right manner.

"We can still affect things at both ends of the table. We have Wolves, Preston and Plymouth who are all scrapping for points at both ends of the table. But more importantly I want them to play with smiles on their faces and show what they're made of."

Once again at the helm of QPR, the R's legend is delighted to be in charge for a second time this season. "I'm very privileged to be associated with this Club. The fans, the players, I enjoy being around this Club and if they want me to lead them then that's a bonus."
    Now, Then, Forever
    [CENTER]QPR-Football League CHAMPIONS

I would be proud too if I was on a flight and that nice uniformed uncle from up front let me hold the control stick for 5 seconds.
    Banning people is no longer my hobby,
    but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
    http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Garth is a nice guy,who the players respect,he wont get the job,but good luck to him

Comment

Basically said NOWT. Just that Cerny was unlucky....
        Everyday Plumbers Bristol
        63 Sommerville Road, Bristol, BS7 9AD.
        0117 239 1217
        http://redlandplumbing.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
        X