Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

by now they should know better.
    successful business men etc...
    they know our sponsorships trigger pay outs for prem football but don't seem over eager to do this asap.

gianni is a nice man but whether or not he has managerial experience is another matter, he was/is an agent and agent's don't run clubs, yet!
    for them to get a maximum retrun of their investment they MUST APPOINT A PROVEN MANAGER with "pedigree"
    i am advocating george graham and/or terry venables..i feel if appointed NOW ( if jim goes) we have a chance of getting into the play off mix again.
    an unimaginative posting such as hart,southgate,ince seals our doom.
    why does coppell seem so out of reach..you pay peanuts you get monkeys.
    we have gone over and over these managerial threads for what, 3yrs??? and still ongoing...

Comment

Trouble is, when you see us Beat Cardiff away and draw to Newcastle and WBA away, it makes you believe the team is good enough. Its just we cannot seem to accept a few defeats, the whole place seems to cave in
      ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Honestly, they should be done with it and appoint Flabio as Manager with Gianni his coach. Flab just can't keep his gob shut and thinks he knows about football - remember he thought QPR was a restaurant, which just about sums up his football knowledge...

Comment

[QUOTE=IsleworthRanger;200431]

No rose tinted glasses for me my friend as I only say it as I see it and how some are trying to bump up the anti Gianni witch hunt is staggering and I thought I had seen all the straws they have clutched in the past.

I know for a fact that the moaning few (who hardly if ever attend games if at all) allege via pm and private e-mails that I and others have received gold badges,free season tickets and various other incentives to support the position of Gianni Paladini and I can state hand on heart it is a load of ****** and I challenge anyone to publish the allegations in public using their full name.

I have been attending QPR game for forty years and seen countless Chairman and Board members come and go and the bottom line is they are only temporary guardians until the next lot breeze in promising the earth to us.

I don't have any particular problem at all with Gianni and actually find him a very decent guy but I will always want the best for QPR and if he is responsible in anyway for something that is harming or hindering the club then prove it to me and I will call for his head.

The problem is that so much crap has been written about him which is not true in particular by one compulsive obsessive so called fan who is intent on ignoring any positive news that I tend to focus on the good and positive side more and the bottom line is I am grateful to still be able to actually go and watch QPR play rather then an AFC QPR which some were openly advocating as a good option.

All I ask is that the ones who want Gianni out actually provide some hard facts and not insinuations about bungs from BASE etc or free Mercedes and training ground lock outs.[/QUOTE]

Paul, none of that interests me what so ever.

yes QPReport might have an agenda & he does seem to thrive on everything that is bad with our club, but as they say "bad news sells newspapers"

you could say the same about this site, they thrive on "good news only"

but back to GP, i'm note questioning for 1 minute he isn't a devoted QPR fan & like us his love for the club has grown with each passing game, but i'm looking at the bigger picture here, why so many managers!!! have they all been bad or is it whats going on behind the scenes!!!

i have no problem what so ever as keeping GP on as president of the club but when it comes to DOF his record is nothing short of shocking, of course we could all bring up the decent signings but you look at the complete record he single handingly has cost the club an absolute fortune (like Pete has said Pellicore won't be here for 3 years, but whose going to "pay up" his contract!!!) and that's just one player, i'd hate to actually know the figure of how much we have wasted on "paying up players & managers contracts" i'd say it comes into millions rather then thousands, millions which should be spent on players & not wasted on duff players & managers, now if anyone can prove differently i will willingly hold my hands up & shake the mans hand

Comment

well done who ever moved this

thought I'd "Bump" it for Paul

Comment

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post

No rose tinted glasses for me my friend as I only say it as I see it and how some are trying to bump up the anti Gianni witch hunt is staggering and I thought I had seen all the straws they have clutched in the past.

I know for a fact that the moaning few (who hardly if ever attend games if at all) allege via pm and private e-mails that I and others have received gold badges,free season tickets and various other incentives to support the position of Gianni Paladini and I can state hand on heart it is a load of ****** and I challenge anyone to publish the allegations in public using their full name.

I have been attending QPR game for forty years and seen countless Chairman and Board members come and go and the bottom line is they are only temporary guardians until the next lot breeze in promising the earth to us.

I don't have any particular problem at all with Gianni and actually find him a very decent guy but I will always want the best for QPR and if he is responsible in anyway for something that is harming or hindering the club then prove it to me and I will call for his head.

The problem is that so much crap has been written about him which is not true in particular by one compulsive obsessive so called fan who is intent on ignoring any positive news that I tend to focus on the good and positive side more and the bottom line is I am grateful to still be able to actually go and watch QPR play rather then an AFC QPR which some were openly advocating as a good option.

All I ask is that the ones who want Gianni out actually provide some hard facts and not insinuations about bungs from BASE etc or free Mercedes and training ground lock outs.
              Normally, the manager is the guy who lives or dies by his performance in his job as he is the head of the footballing side of the club.

Now, if you have a DOF above a manager, he must be the head of the footballing side. So why does he escape any blame?
              After so many managers in a such a short space of time, is it not obvious where the fault is?
              GP is head of the footballing side of the club yet he escapes any criticism?

One question...how many more managers and 6 monthly circles will it take for something to be done?

Comment

What PK Loft said, the money wasted is nothing short of phenomenal especially when looked at alongside our current level of (increasing) debt. Nothing wrong with moving him aside to a meet and greet position but as DOF? - time for a long overdue change...
                "Originally Posted by qblockpete
                QPR will finish at least in the Play offs
                Swansea will finish in bottom 6
                Middlesboro will finish champions"

Comment

Originally posted by writtler View Post
                  What PK Loft said, the money wasted is nothing short of phenomenal especially when looked at alongside our current level of (increasing) debt. Nothing wrong with moving him aside to a meet and greet position but as DOF? - time for a long overdue change...
                  absolutely spot on mate

surprised none of the "ITK" haven't got anything to say

even Paul, very surprised, anyway...................

good luck to Paul Hart, think he will do OK!

well lets hope so (comes across as a focused manager)

Comment

Originally posted by Mutley View Post
                    Normally, the manager is the guy who lives or dies by his performance in his job as he is the head of the footballing side of the club.

Now, if you have a DOF above a manager, he must be the head of the footballing side. So why does he escape any blame?
                    After so many managers in a such a short space of time, is it not obvious where the fault is?
                    GP is head of the footballing side of the club yet he escapes any criticism?

One question...how many more managers and 6 monthly circles will it take for something to be done?
                    Mate i would love to hear a response to this question. It is so bizzare how someone with a low tolerance level like flav, has not decided to make this change. Surely he must be thinking that gianni is not up to the job??

It is nearly a big a mystery as the bermuda triangle and loch ness

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
                      Clunge

Started a similar thread earlier and totally agree with you and my point was taking into consideration the payout Dowie recieved, Sousa's pending court case (which he deserves to win) and Magilton probably lodging a similar claim against the club as Sousa has.....wouldn't it just been easier and more cost effective to just pay a top class manager £2/3 million a year to get the club promoted on a 2 year contract?
                      Yes, it would be cheaper and would make everyone at the club happy.

If GP is providing the advise and knowledge for these appointments, then it is about time that QPR appointed someone better suited to do the job GP is doing. Prefearbly someone who has worked at football clubs in the past.

How about asking and paying David Dein to find a manager? Afterall, he did find Wenger for Arsenal.

Comment

I have never thought that the likes of Flavio & Bernie would ask Gianni about who would be best to manage QPR, surely that is wrong, anyway lets say it was correct... Flavio & Bernie wouldn't make the same mistake twice.

At the end of the day the finial decision is not Gianni's, we all know that's FACT!

I understand where you guy's are coming from but I don't buy into that Gianni is telling Flavio who to bring in, that's stupid!

Comment

Originally posted by terry ball View Post
                          Mate i would love to hear a response to this question. It is so bizzare how someone with a low tolerance level like flav, has not decided to make this change. Surely he must be thinking that gianni is not up to the job??

It is nearly a big a mystery as the bermuda triangle and loch ness
                          The only conclusion i can come to Terrance, is that GP is just a front man and that Flavio is infact DOF.
                          Theres no way a DOF would go untainted for so long after making such a mess of a club.
                          If, infact most footballing decisons are Flavios, then there really isnt any way out of this mess, because even if Flavio gets lucky with a decison/appointment, it wont be long until the next fark up.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                            Yes, it would be cheaper and would make everyone at the club happy.

If GP is providing the advise and knowledge for these appointments, then it is about time that QPR appointed someone better suited to do the job GP is doing. Prefearbly someone who has worked at football clubs in the past.

How about asking and paying David Dein to find a manager? Afterall, he did find Wenger for Arsenal.

His experience, CV, know-how and suitability for the role are secondary.

Problem is, because he's a nice chap who is very accomodating to his pals, he gets defended to the hilt.
                            And he's obviously a very loyal employee to his paymaster.

Unfortunately in this case, self preservation of certain roles and relationships seems more important than what's actually best for QPR FOOTBALL Club.
                            Can't see that changing anytime soon.
                            Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

We have some of the biggest men in Sports at QPR, if there was something dodgy going on than why don't they get rid of that party?

Surly they can bring in there own man to replace Gianni or not replace that position?

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                                Trouble is, when you see us Beat Cardiff away and draw to Newcastle and WBA away, it makes you believe the team is good enough. Its just we cannot seem to accept a few defeats, the whole place seems to cave in

Pete,

Do you really think that 7 wins from 20 games was good enough?

With the squad QPR have got, I am disappointed that QPR have not won at least 9 games this season.

The defence was good last season and with the addition of Taarabt, Watson Simpson, Faurlin and the reurn to fitnes of Buzsaky, QPR should have been doing much better than last season. Instead they have gone backwards.

That is probably the main reason Magilton has left. The incident at Watford is just an excuse, just as Sousa's comments about Blackstock were. We all know that Sousa's lack of wins and goals was the real reason for him leaving.

Comment

Working...
                                X