Nearly 24 hours to calm down.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nearly 24 hours to calm down.........

Absolutely gutted today. I was really buzzing at the start of the season thinking that year was going to be our year and in all my life following Rangers this has been by far the worst. I have not had any enjoyment from going to games and going to a games is more of a chore than anything else.

I really felt that with Sousa we were going somewhere. The man had something about him which was to be admired. Yes, the football was not great but a good team always gets their defence sorted and under him we have looked very solid bar the odd game. He was very much aware that goal scoring was our main problem and he felt he knew how to address this but was over ruled. I can't say I would have been to happy with Fallon but I would have trusted his judgement far more than people like Flavio and Gianni who have never been footballers themselves. He had one January transfer window and it's very hard to bring in top quality during that window. It would have been so good to see him bring in some quality this summer and work with players like Vine and Buzsackey.

The man was a dead man walking. He knew that the powers at be wanted him out and he did what he felt was right by letting the fans know some of the sh1t that has been going on behind the scenes at HQ. Who signs a player that fails a medical? I have the upmost respect for this man.

Obviously, one of the things he has been sacked for is for divulging what a player earns? Now, I think for many of us on here we are well aware as to what many of the players earn? Now, how is this? One would think that divulging what someone earns is a massive breach of confidentiality and has contributed to the sacking of Sousa. Ultimately, the club were looking for a cheap way of getting him out because they're going through managers as if they're going out of business.

We can all blame various people, but ultimately Sousa was not having the control he felt he should be having as a manager. There has obviously been too much interference from people like Paladini and Flavio and this needs to stop if this club is going to move forward.

We as Rangers fans care for this club so much and want it to succeed and we all have our own ideas as to how we can do it. But we need to be united. People like Paladini and Flavio will get bored soon of all the flak they are getting and in my eyes fully deserved. I had always been pretty much on the fence with a lot of things that I hear from various people but I certainly know where I stand now.

I'm just glad there are Rangers fans who care enough so much for this club that they are prepared to stand up for what they believe in. I was informed that Paladini had been on Sky Sports News saying that the fans should now just get behind the players. How the irony of such a statement? What about the board supporting a manager?

Bring on Burnley tomorrow. Hopefully Flavio and Paladini won't be there.
    First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.
Working...
X