If you were the manager...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you were the manager...

After you had just seen your teams performance against Middlesbourgh and then Watford, you would be fuming, and if what we read in the independent regarding Magilton asking Buzsacky a question and getting a half hearted response is to be true would you not react angrily? surly that's the only response a manager could give?

I know Magiltons team selection was crap against watford, but at the same time I believe some players needed a kick up the a**e as their performances of late have been below par recently, and I have to say I don't believe that Magilton has headbutted Buzsacky. So who is right and who is wrong here? Are the club just using the situation as another chance to change managers?

His problem is that he never admitted he got it wrong by playing the wrong players in the wrong positions and thinks that by shouting and snarling, chopping and changing the players every week, he will get the best out of them.

Comment

If I were the manager I wouldn't of constantly tinkered. I would know my best back 4 and I would stick with them so they get consistency and build an understanding. I wouldn't be changing right backs, centre backs and left backs every other game. Unfortunately because Magilton has the team isn't settled and the performances are what they are as a result. He isn't fully to blame but he is hardly blameless for the teams lack of guts and their characterless performances.

Comment

I agree with you with the chopping and changing of players and playing Fitz Hall when you have Stewart, Gorkks (my first choice back two) and Connolly on the bench I don't understand, but we have had some brilliant performances this year and although results haven't been good as of late it is only our last two games that have been really disappointing and that is always going to happen throughout a season and doesn't warrant getting the sack imo. No doubt mistakes have been made with regards to team selection but he has also managed to get the best out of Adel as after the game where he got booed by fans his passing has been much better (not always, more often than not he has passed the ball) so do you guys think Magilton headbutted Buzsacky, cause if he didn't then surly he shouldn't be sacked?

Comment

If i was a player that wanted to play in the prem with qpr and the manager kept playing Fitz Hall which was making the chance of staying in the playoff's impossible then screaming at me when things went wrong dropping me from the team but keeping the problem in the team i may well get the hump...

Comment

Spot on Roose

Comment

Originally posted by Cookiemonster17 View Post
              I agree with you with the chopping and changing of players and playing Fitz Hall when you have Stewart, Gorkks (my first choice back two) and Connolly on the bench I don't understand, but we have had some brilliant performances this year and although results haven't been good as of late it is only our last two games that have been really disappointing and that is always going to happen throughout a season and doesn't warrant getting the sack imo. No doubt mistakes have been made with regards to team selection but he has also managed to get the best out of Adel as after the game where he got booed by fans his passing has been much better (not always, more often than not he has passed the ball) so do you guys think Magilton headbutted Buzsacky, cause if he didn't then surly he shouldn't be sacked?
              I too agree with Roose.

What people have to remember is that performances and results are two different things. We could have had 20 good performances but if we've still lost 6 matches then it doesn't matter how we played.

We've won 7 and got a good draw at Newcastle which means we've had 12 bad results. Draws against Peterborough, Blackpool etc aren't good enough even if the actual performances were/weren't good. By showing how well we can perform also highlights just how badly we have performed. Taking less than 50% of the points on offer isn't a good enough return. If we had played badly for the first 12 games and now had our good run then we could all say we are making progress. Instead we are going backwards and the manager has run out of ideas.

Comment

surely as the manager you know your staff inside out (strengths/weaknesses) after watching them in training and watching them play after almost 6 months and would therefore play your best players in their best positions...all this tinkering would suggest he doesn't have the ability required...or are we witnessing the intervention of the fat Italian again ? and was this situation the result of JM's frustration at Flabio's mendling ?

Comment

If I was the manager I would have held my hands up for all the mistakes I made in selection and substitutions at Doncaster. I would sit down with the senior/key players to talk through how I see things and what my intentions are. I would criticise individuals play and the game cooly the next day going through the video with them. Then I would work on correcting faults and improving tactics.

I wouldn't rant at individuals directly after the game, when emotions are running high. I wouldn't criticise individuals in the press. I wouldn't keep chopping and changing the defence every time someone made a mistake.

Of course I wouldn't have much clue what I was doing on the football side, but I wouldn't have made all the crass management mistakes JM has.

Comment

Originally posted by Cookiemonster17 View Post
                    After you had just seen your teams performance against Middlesbourgh and then Watford, you would be fuming, and if what we read in the independent regarding Magilton asking Buzsacky a question and getting a half hearted response is to be true would you not react angrily? surly that's the only response a manager could give?

I know Magiltons team selection was crap against watford, but at the same time I believe some players needed a kick up the a**e as their performances of late have been below par recently, and I have to say I don't believe that Magilton has headbutted Buzsacky. So who is right and who is wrong here? Are the club just using the situation as another chance to change managers?
                    Imagine the headline 'Magilton kicked a player up the ar*e'

Madge knows, we know that the players can do better, we come away from watching games saying that they didn't give 100%, we know that and so does Jim, he has every right to have go when he see's fit.

It's his job to let them know if they don't perform, if players can't take that than there clearly in the wrong sport.

I agree his played players in the wrong positions but that can be put right.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU_QPR View Post
                      Imagine the headline 'Magilton kicked a player up the ar*e'

Madge knows, we know that the players can do better, we come away from watching games saying that they didn't give 100%, we know that and so does Jim, he has every right to have go when he see's fit.

It's his job to let them know if they don't perform, if players can't take that than there clearly in the wrong sport.

I agree his played players in the wrong positions but that can be put right.
                      But he hasn't put it right and that's why we are under performing which is why tensions are running high.

Comment

At our level Neil Warnock whould be the best option. No nonsens.:very_sad:

Comment

Give the a bloke a chance, if I had players not giving me 100% I would drop them too.

You can't tell me that Buz has been doing great on the pitch lately but than how many players have been?

Comment

Originally posted by MYU_QPR View Post
                            Give the a bloke a chance, if I had players not giving me 100% I would drop them too.

You can't tell me that Buz has been doing great on the pitch lately but than how many players have been?
                            Yes we would all drop players but Jim won't drop the worst one Fitz Hall when we have a better player on the bench, and he plays Fitz in his best position but not Buzz Why?

Never said i wanted Jim out but i don't want Fitz getting near the team and i want to see Buzz play in the middle and if Jim won't try it then sack the fool.

Comment

Working...
                            X