• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Managers deserve respect no matter who they are

Who has recently posted that comment?

Multiple choice:-

Was it

A) Gianni Paladini

B) A man with a drum who is alledged to have led a witch-hunt against a decent, honest and respected Portuguese Manager who had a style of play which was boringly predictable

or

C) Alex Ferguson - a Manager entrenched in the game, someone who has won everything (most more than twice), a man who could get away with chucking a boot at Englands pin up footy star, who has retired SAS men keep uncover tabs on his players, who demands full control over football matters at his club, who has a full portfolio of every transfer target and has earned the respect of even those who despise his ****ney red infested team.

Well?

Amazingly the answer is B).
    So what's changed here? Why was open season on Sousa fine and now a different spin is being put on matters? Perhaps there's a reason why our results aren't being comapred with Swansea's at the moment
    Also, PERHAPS, there may be a certain someone finally starting to feel a bit of heat at the club - someone who may have been behind the appointment of Jim Magilton who suddenly finds himself presiding over what, the 367th crisis of his reign?
    Maybe a different message is needed?

The facts are
    The vast majority of fans didn't want Magilton
    He was on the face of it originally a cheap option (maybe not so now)
    He agreed to work under the system in place at the club
    His style and man management is appalling
    Key players do not like him
    Something happened Monday night
    Some other things have happended over the last 4 weeks
    The team had a purple patch in September / October and JM/JG failed to build on it.
    And finally........... QPR are madder than a small dictatorship in the Third World!!!
    I need some time in the sunshine, I gotta slow it right down.

Originally posted by LBLOCK View Post
    And finally........... QPR are madder than a small dictatorship in the Third World!!!
    Have you not walked through White City at night??!! ;)

Comment

Aw come on........

JM's OUR manager.... how many of us fans at LR on Saturday and/ or at VR on Monday would have liked to give the team a talk after their displays?

I know I would... and I assure you I'd give them a massive b*ollocking.

As fans.... did we EXPECT JM to give them (a) a hug and tell them it's all right, or (b) a proper talking to.

If JM resorted to actual fisticuffs, he's stuffed himself.... but on the other hand, if Buz etc what to throw thier toys around... I as manager would tell them to take their shirt off, and tell them that they'll not be putting it on ever again.

All of the sucessful managers are NEVER the friends of the team.... and mostly the really good ones, the players are scared of them.e.g. Caprello, Ferguson.

The point here really is..... those players were absolute sh*te, more or less to a Man..... you can't pin that all on the manager surely.

And just for the record.... I think that JM was the wrong man for the job in the first place, I think that PS was a nice guy, but played awful footie, and that Buz is our squad's best player.... but isn't bigger than MY CLUB.

Comment

Think your find LBLOCK

it was not a witch-hunt

(a) I was singing Paulo SOusa's Blue and white army last season at Cardiff, until I lost my voice.
        (b) after 1 win in 9 games, I had enough
        (c) It was the most boring football, I have ever witnessed
        (d) I simply was insistent on my views, that despite being around the play offs in late January, we then went on to pretty much blow it and gave my reports like I saw it.
        (e) Was relieved when he gone, I'm allowed an opinion.
        (f) Did not want Magilton at the start
        (g) Got behind when he became manager, like I would any manager
        (h) Felt vindicated in October, because I witnessed some great football
        (i) Last 2 games unhappy with the tinkering, one of my biggest bugbears with the former manager
        (j) Feel the players deserve some criticism
        (k) Magilton needed to be given longer, but was finding it increasingly difficult keeping the dressing room happy, as so many players felt they should be playing.
        (l) Feel this is a storm in teacup and wish it was handled the same way as Stoke City
        (m) Cannot understand so much defence for Sousa, when at the same time those people are happy to see Magilton go.
        (n) Club needs stability
        (o) We are now back to square one
        (p) We need a big big name to take charge
        (q) Our Season is not over
        (r) Thought, I'd finish on the letters QPR, because thats what its all about. End of the day its simply about opinions, some you will agree, some you won't. Its about big enough to accept those opinions and not feel they someone elses, because they never are
        ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
        THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
          Think your find LBLOCK

it was not a witch-hunt

(a) I was singing Paulo SOusa's Blue and white army last season at Cardiff, until I lost my voice.
          (b) after 1 win in 9 games, I had enough
          (c) It was the most boring football, I have ever witnessed
          (d) I simply was insistent on my views, that despite being around the play offs in late January, we then went on to pretty much blow it and gave my reports like I saw it.
          (e) Was relieved when he gone, I'm allowed an opinion.
          (f) Did not want Magilton at the start
          (g) Got behind when he became manager, like I would any manager
          (h) Felt vindicated in October, because I witnessed some great football
          (i) Last 2 games unhappy with the tinkering, one of my biggest bugbears with the former manager
          (j) Feel the players deserve some criticism
          (k) Magilton needed to be given longer, but was finding it increasingly difficult keeping the dressing room happy, as so many players felt they should be playing.
          (l) Feel this is a storm in teacup and wish it was handled the same way as Stoke City
          (m) Cannot understand so much defence for Sousa, when at the same time those people are happy to see Magilton go.
          (n) Club needs stability
          (o) We are now back to square one
          (p) We need a big big name to take charge
          (q) Our Season is not over
          (r) Thought, I'd finish on the letters QPR, because thats what its all about. End of the day its simply about opinions, some you will agree, some you won't. Its about big enough to accept those opinions and not feel they someone elses, because they never are
          Sorry, just to be accurate for a minute, you started to have had enough after the Ipswich defeat, only his SECOND defeat in his first FOURTEEN games.

And Magilton got TWENTY games, not FOURTEEN. Sheesh, how much longer did he need? And why did he need longer than Sousa?

Comment

You keep on about the second game !!

I never advocated getting rid of Sousa after that game

I was pretty critical of magilton for his starting 11 versus Watford too.

After a defeat you automatically blame certain formations or team selection, thats the norm.

Magilton gave us some great attacking football which was being likened to some great times at QPR, don't think we ever had that under Sousa. From day one you didn't want Magilton and have continued in that vain ever since, me against Sousa and you against Magilton is no different, but it seems you want to take the high moral ground. You don't like Borrowdale and threatened to go to the club, because you were desperate to see Williams play. You are simply giving an opinion, which does not make it right, and neither is my opinion always right, so please don't get on your high horse, you are no different from me
            ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
            THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

I think I should bash your two heads together... oops inappropriate analogy....

Comment

No manager should be respected just because he is a manager. He needs to earn it....or at the least try not to lose it!!

If JM is not respected by any of his players - there are bound to be reasons for that. If there are he has failed in this particular job and should go. If he did strike anyone, in any way, he has lost his cool.

Why should anyone respect him?
                twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Working...
                X