Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why have we changed a winning formation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why have we changed a winning formation?

That 4-2-3-1 we were playing was brilliant, we were smashing everyone.. so why change it?

At the moment, it's more 4-4-1-1.. everyone is slating Buzsaky at the moment but it seems to me as though Magilton has taken away some of the creativity of Taarabt, Buz and Routledge (Who all effectively had free roles).

I know that injuries to Mahon and Rowlands could play a part in this, but surely we could stick Ramage back at right back and have Legs in the middle with Faurlin?

It seems to me that after the formation didn't work against Leicester, Magilton was quick to discard it despite it working to devastating effect for the 3 games previous.

The answer to the question is : The loss of Gavin Mahon.

Comment

That's a good point Morris, but it just seems to me as though Magilton never really gave it a chance under Legs/Faurlin/Watson.

It was working so well, teams couldn't deal with it, it didn't work once and he got shot of it?.. Why does he not show the same level of consistency to some of our underperforming players?

Comment

Originally posted by Nik29 View Post
        That 4-2-3-1 we were playing was brilliant, we were smashing everyone.. so why change it?

At the moment, it's more 4-4-1-1.. everyone is slating Buzsaky at the moment but it seems to me as though Magilton has taken away some of the creativity of Taarabt, Buz and Routledge (Who all effectively had free roles).

I know that injuries to Mahon and Rowlands could play a part in this, but surely we could stick Ramage back at right back and have Legs in the middle with Faurlin?

It seems to me that after the formation didn't work against Leicester, Magilton was quick to discard it despite it working to devastating effect for the 3 games previous.
        Agree with you (except Legs place in "your" team). Canīt believe that JM changed the formation like that after just one "miss". That kind of management sends the wrong signals and makes the players insecure. 1. Whatīs the best formation for the players I have at my disposal 2. Stick with it, despite injuries. U are actually affecting every player more when u change formation than when u tinkering with players.

Comment

Yea we haven't really changed the formation it just works differently now because we don't have Mahon or Rowlands to play the holding role! Faurlin or Watson tend to play a more forward passing game!

Comment

Originally posted by Fez View Post
            Yea we haven't really changed the formation it just works differently now because we don't have Mahon or Rowlands to play the holding role! Faurlin or Watson tend to play a more forward passing game!
            We kinda have because it looks to me as though Taarabt and espeically Buzsaky seem to have had their creativity taken away from them by playng deeper.

Comment

Originally posted by Fez View Post
              Faurlin sits quite deep, just in front of the defence. But he is doing the job of two men, while the hapless Watson faffs and farts around passing to anyone not wearing a hooped shirt.
              Buzz in the middle or the hole, Adel left, Routledge right and TWO UP FRONT. Vine and Simpson need a try.
              Faurlin and Buzz in the middle -- I know people think teams will go straight through us, but, hey, they've been doing that anyway. And Buzz plays better in the middle and with Vine on the pitch at the same time (why does JM think they're interchangeable? He needs to see how well they work together).
              Watson back up the M6, please, Hogan back as cover out wide and everyone down on your knees to pray for Gavin Mahon to return asap.
              :chill:
              Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

Working...
              X