No chance under briatore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No chance under briatore

With the dawn of a new era 20 months ago and all the fanfares and fireworks that accompanied it,allied to the huge hike in ST and match day prices,we expected to be in the play-offs at least.Even the play-offs are a lottery and given the promise of Champions League football inside 4 years,we should be looking at an automatic promotion spot given our financial clout.Instead we scratch around for foreign has-been loanees or sign the likes of Helguson and are looking at the likes of Adebola or even Cox,when ANY Championship club that harbours ambition for promotion,let alone one that is owned by billionaires,should be looking to spend £15/20m in the transfer market with a third of that going on a decent striker or two.OUR BOARD WON'T DO THIS.They've had the entire season to address our goal scoring problems yet we remain the second lowest scorers in the Championship next to Doncaster.FB has been reported as saying he will walk away if he gets any hassle from the fans,yet he's likely to increase the prices yet again to Premiership levels after 17th.April.He's totally reneged on his part of the deal and continues to screw us into the ground whilst persisting in economising on players.Even Routledge flatters to deceive - remember he turned us down originally and only signed after he failed to hack it in the Premiership ( forget Cradiff - they wouldn't have met his wages).WE'RE GOING NOWHERE UNDER THIS LOT - and the Sousa debacle is just another 2 fingers to the fans.

Ive had this worry for a while now, promotion from this division is not easy and some fans seem to think it is a given due to the club having rich owners.

Comment

ridiculous.

Do you know his history in F1.??

I guess Schemacher was thinking the same.
      ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Now that is ridiculous, let me get this right, your basing success at QPR on Briatore managing a team to success in a different sport.

He hasn't shown much good judgement at rangers yet, how many mistakes as managers now?

Comment

Sorry, you don't make a success in football in 18 months.

When he took over we were bottom and starving off administrations.

Do i want to swap places with Charlton or Southampton?

I have no doubt we will be in the premiership next year or the year after.
          THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
            Sorry, you don't make a success in football in 18 months.

When he took over we were bottom and starving off administrations.

Do i want to swap places with Charlton or Southampton?

I have no doubt we will be in the premiership next year or the year after.
            IF we now give the job to the right man,ie ROY KEANE,CURBS,or even Ince or small fergie or get DE CANIO back,BUT for the love of sweet jesus dont give it to Dennis Wise!!!!!!

Comment

briatore out!

Comment

i would rather have ernie wise!

Comment

If we had a better manager, you would not be saying that.

Comment

C'mon qblockpete - 7 managers in 20 months shows FB is an arrogant bigott who won't bow to anyone who may have an opinion of his own or be better qualified to coach and manager a team.Sousa's treatment was disgusting - it was FB who didn't like Blackstock and prevented him from playing for us and shipped him out behind Sousa's back.The man's impossible to work with and he won't invest money in the playing staff.Name me any decent £4/5m strikers we're linked with.Even Lita and Beckford are worth a look.Thats the level we should be looking - not Fallon.As things stand,no self-respecting manager is going to come within 100 miles of us after this latest debacle.

Comment

Looking back, the joy I had when Flavio and Bernie officially took over was immense.

I thought it was a turning for QPR but in hindside I actually preferred the days of tough struggles on low budgets, the total lack of quality in the playing squad and not knowing if the next day would be the day we went bust. The club just had so much heart in those days. I miss it.

Comment

For Briatore fans and qblockpete - Just mentioned in a lengthy item on Sky Sports News (11.30 am) that Wise,Ince and Ferguson linked with the PERMANENT JOB (for permanent read "average 4 months") at QPR. They went on to say that no established manager will want a job that would be a blemish on their CV's,and that all Briatore is looking for is an unknown "yes man".

Comment

thats someone opinion !!

it amazes me that opinions in all cases turn out to be fact when in fact its someone letting us know what they feel

Comment

Originally posted by geejaybee View Post
                            With the dawn of a new era 20 months ago and all the fanfares and fireworks that accompanied it,allied to the huge hike in ST and match day prices,we expected to be in the play-offs at least.Even the play-offs are a lottery and given the promise of Champions League football inside 4 years,we should be looking at an automatic promotion spot given our financial clout.Instead we scratch around for foreign has-been loanees or sign the likes of Helguson and are looking at the likes of Adebola or even Cox,when ANY Championship club that harbours ambition for promotion,let alone one that is owned by billionaires,should be looking to spend £15/20m in the transfer market with a third of that going on a decent striker or two.OUR BOARD WON'T DO THIS.They've had the entire season to address our goal scoring problems yet we remain the second lowest scorers in the Championship next to Doncaster.FB has been reported as saying he will walk away if he gets any hassle from the fans,yet he's likely to increase the prices yet again to Premiership levels after 17th.April.He's totally reneged on his part of the deal and continues to screw us into the ground whilst persisting in economising on players.Even Routledge flatters to deceive - remember he turned us down originally and only signed after he failed to hack it in the Premiership ( forget Cradiff - they wouldn't have met his wages).WE'RE GOING NOWHERE UNDER THIS LOT - and the Sousa debacle is just another 2 fingers to the fans.
                            I have to agree with you.
                            FB's F1 success has little reflection on how he has performed in the last 20 months.
                            You can't build a football team like an F1 team and doing what he has done in 20 months certainly doesn't settle a football team into a winning team.

We should of spent bigger straight away and maybe things would have been different. Though I did feel slowly slowly catch the monkey was not a bad way to do it....but not now I have seen how things have gone.
                            The future's bright...the future is blue and white.
                            :grimace:

Comment

when he took over we were BOTTOM.

In the scheme of things football wise in 18 months we have progressed.

Comment

Working...
                              X