Another Dowie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Dowie

So people are calling for a English manager with experience at getting promotion out of the league.

So we are taking a backwards step to another Dowie then?

Nah.
    Experienced english manager Curbs is your man!

Comment

Originally posted by woodlaneranger View Post
      Nah.
      Experienced english manager Curbs is your man!
      Yeah he will join after leaving West Ham for being told who to sell etc?

I reckon Joe Kinnear

Comment

Dowie was never a step back. Dowie is perceived to be a failure although he was in charge when we beat Villa in the Cup. Dowie turned a leaky defence into a solid one. He brought in Harbin who has made the players fitter and able to last the full 90 minutes.

Dowie's teams may not have scored goals but: In De Canio's last 5 matches in charge without Vine we scored 4 goals and conceded 8 - FACT.

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
          Dowie was never a step back. Dowie is perceived to be a failure although he was in charge when we beat Villa in the Cup. Dowie turned a leaky defence into a solid one. He brought in Harbin who has made the players fitter and able to last the full 90 minutes.

Dowie's teams may not have scored goals but: In De Canio's last 5 matches in charge without Vine we scored 4 goals and conceded 8 - FACT.
          Sorry sirpie, i agree. Just making a point as everyone was calling for his head and now are describing the manager they want as a experienced English manager. i.e. Dowie.

Im with you sirpie, im on the same wavelength

Comment

Originally posted by barnethoop View Post
            Sorry sirpie, i agree. Just making a point as everyone was calling for his head and now are describing the manager they want as a experienced English manager. i.e. Dowie.

Im with you sirpie, im on the same wavelength
            I thought you were just wasn't exactly sure from your wording.

Dowie has more experience at this level than Keane, Ince & Wise put together.

Curbishley wouldn't work under Briatore if the reasons he left West Ham are anything to go by.

Who else is there?

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
              I thought you were just wasn't exactly sure from your wording.

Dowie has more experience at this level than Keane, Ince & Wise put together.

Curbishley wouldn't work under Briatore if the reasons he left West Ham are anything to go by.

Who else is there?
              Only options are a young manager who havent really done much or a experienced manager who has been out of the game for a while and wants to get back into the game.

Though i suspect they will talk another foriegner into taking the job

Comment

Originally posted by barnethoop View Post
                Only options are a young manager who havent really done much or a experienced manager who has been out of the game for a while and wants to get back into the game.

Though i suspect they will talk another foriegner into taking the job
                4 times of managers who will now get the job:

In it for the money and the money only - Venables

Inexperienced - Ainsworth

Long term out of work - O'Leary

Foreign Journeyman - De Canio

Comment

Working...
                X