Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lee Cook

From last nights (Sub)Standard

"Lee Cook is still not back to full fitness. The midfielder has a knee problem and said: "I've still got a lot of strengthening to do in my left leg. I have a specific programme to do and I'm confident I'll be back to my best next season"

Although I am sure that was all taken out of context.

I look forward to an interview with his agent....
    A message to the other Premier League clubs when they visit Loftus Road.....

"NUESTRA GLORIA, VUESTRO INFIERNO"

(If you don't understand it, then learn Spanish. It is the language of world football.....)

It does seem his knee is very bad.
    In all honesty, I cannot see him ever getting back to his best, nor to full fitness.
    Great shame.

I wish him all the best and a speedy recovery though.
    Your mum would love me...

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
      It does seem his knee is very bad.
      In all honesty, I cannot see him ever getting back to his best, nor to full fitness.
      Great shame.

I wish him all the best and a speedy recovery though.
      Agreed Ben though I am puzzled how he passed a medical!

Comment

It does seem strange mate, but then again Heider Helguson *alegidly* failed a medical yet still managed to gain a transfer. Not the 1st rumour of similar occurance to pass by me!!!

Nothing shocks me with QPR anymore...

Comment

Perhaps he saw the same doctor as HH?

Very sad really, I love the guy for being one of us and all he has done for the club.

Knee injuries are awful, got invalided out of the army 20 years ago after doing my knee. Took 12 months before I could even walk, and running is still a problem (perhaps that is all the fags and booze though!) I really do feel for the guy and wonder if he will ever regain his former form.

(If you don't understand it, then learn Spanish. It is the language of world football.....)

Comment

I ruined my knee while training in the forces too mate.
            Just got accepted on the 32 week course and tore my knee ligaments.
            My knee hasn't been right since.

Comment

Originally posted by haqpr1963 View Post
              Perhaps he saw the same doctor as HH?

Very sad really, I love the guy for being one of us and all he has done for the club.

Knee injuries are awful, got invalided out of the army 20 years ago after doing my knee. Took 12 months before I could even walk, and running is still a problem (perhaps that is all the fags and booze though!) I really do feel for the guy and wonder if he will ever regain his former form.
              To be honest I cannot think of any player who has had a serious knee injury and came back as good as he left for any club let alone QPR.

One of us as mentioned but in hindsight regarding his form this season perhaps we should have looked elsewhere.

Did the club ever repay him that money he donated from his Fulham fee I wonder?

Comment

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
                To be honest I cannot think of any player who has had a serious knee injury and came back as good as he left for any club let alone QPR.

One of us as mentioned but in hindsight regarding his form this season perhaps we should have looked elsewhere.

I very much doubt it mate...

Comment

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post

Very true sadly.

Perhaps the clubs views were swayed by his being one of us, just goes to show that sentamentality has no place in modern sport.

Perhaps the current state of the pitch hasn't helped either.

And don't even get me started on reserve team football now days. When I started watching the R's you would be guaranteed a mid week reserves match pretty much every week, now they seem to be few and far between. What real chance does a player coming back from a serious injury have? If he is a big money buy or a fans favourite do you wait weeks and weeks to give him a few run outs in the "stiffs" or do you rush him back into the first team and risk further (possibly career threatening) injury.

Sometimes I despair of the way our beautiful game has gone in recent years.... :very_sad:

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
                    I ruined my knee while training in the forces too mate.
                    Just got accepted on the 32 week course and tore my knee ligaments.
                    My knee hasn't been right since.
                    Sorry to hear that mate.

Did mine playing rugby in Aldershot against the paras. (bloody stupid game! Note to self: remember if you are in the Military Police do not under any circumstances put yourself in a position where someone you might have arrested can legally beat the s**t out of you!!!)

Got tackled by two of the biggest barstewards I have ever seen in my life, one from the front at knee level and one from the back higher up. Studs caught in the turf and my knee bent the wrong way through 90 degrees. Snapped all of the ligaments and my knee cap ended up half way up my thigh. Still have nightmares about looking at my leg and seeing the whole thing from the knee down turned the wrong way around so my foot was facing backwards.

I hope the club is doing everything possible to get Cookie back to his old self, but as has been said if it happens it will be very unusual.

Comment

Similarly - tore my knee ligaments playing rugby about 12 years ago. Lower half of my leg stood stock still in a maul on heavy ground whilst I tried turn left with my upper body. Never experienced pain like it. Been the bane of my life ever since. Strenguous exercise has been a no-no, so I've put on 4 stone in that time - the knee is now basically bone on bone and flares up like a balloon every three months. I wish I'd had the cash to go and see Dr Steadman in the States!

Comment

Majority of players who have a serious injury never come back the same.

Just have to look at Gallen for this.

Comment

Amazing that Rusculleda was flown all the way from Argentina, but a dodgy knee meant he failed a medical and was sent packing? However, Helguson failed a medical and was signed up. Cook has a knee which he acknowledges, presumably on the advice of doctors that it will take at least another 12 months to get right, and he's signed up.

Who wanted Helguson and Cook signed up, that wasn't responsible for Rusculleda? Why are clearly unfit players passing our medicals in some instances and not in others?

Comment

Rusculledas deal collapsed because of money if you believe the player, he claimed the figure he'd agreed was after tax, it was actually before tax....

As for Cook and his dodgy knees, I once had to see a local physio who'd previously worked for a pro football club and he talked about how common nasty knee ligament injuries are in the modern game, and how difficult they can be to treat....

Apparently the most effective form of treatment is to bulk up the upper leg muscles to take some of the strain off weakened knees and this is quite possibly what LC is talking about.

Comment

Alan Shearer came back from two bad knee injuries, he didn't do to adly did he?
                              Kept the faith!

Comment

Working...
                              X