Lower League Strikers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quaz View Post
    just out of curiosity where did sir les come from......did he not struggle at first....and before anyone says he is different....not at all.
    I've already mentioned Ferdinand in the opening to this thread and there are many examples of players making the step up. Just look at how Beattie is doing at Stoke though - he has years of Premiership experience and has enough quality to make a smooth transition. Hooper has no experience at this level and may or may not be a success.

My point though is why are so many people convinced that Lower League Strikers will be a success? What are they basing this argument on?

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
      I've already mentioned Ferdinand in the opening to this thread and there are many examples of players making the step up. Just look at how Beattie is doing at Stoke though - he has years of Premiership experience and has enough quality to make a smooth transition. Hooper has no experience at this level and may or may not be a success.

My point though is why are so many people convinced that Lower League Strikers will be a success? What are they basing this argument on?
      i would say that most would want the big time more....established ccc & prem players seem to take things for granted now......you look at teams like Everton playing so many youngesters in big prem games...why?...because they have to be given a chance...no different from lower league.

EDIT : also look at ipswich...is reported they are going to play a 16 year old on saturday...he hasn't any experience at this level

Comment

just out of curiosity where did sir les come from......did he not struggle at first....and before anyone says he is different....not at all.
        think Sir Les came from Hayes.
        I might not agree with what you say,
        but i will defend your right to say it.

Comment

i would say that most would want the big time more....established ccc & prem players seem to take things for granted now......you look at teams like Everton playing so many youngesters in big prem games...why?...because they have to be given a chance...no different from lower league.

EDIT : also look at ipswich...is reported they are going to play a 16 year old on saturday...he hasn't any experience at this level
          The Everton situation has more to do with the fact that Yakubu is out for the season and Saha has only just come back from injury - in other words they didn't have any option but to play youngsters until they signed Jo.

As for established players why didn't we sign Ebanks-Blake, Iwelumo, Paterson, Hulse and Phillips who have all scored goals at this level but have moved to other clubs since the takeover.

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
            The Everton situation has more to do with the fact that Yakubu is out for the season and Saha has only just come back from injury - in other words they didn't have any option but to play youngsters until they signed Jo.

As for established players why didn't we sign Ebanks-Blake, Iwelumo, Paterson, Hulse and Phillips who have all scored goals at this level but have moved to other clubs since the takeover.
            the not signing i would put down to the rumours of flav interferring and not spending.....they want to do it all on the cheap and find out you cannot entirely do it this way......signing players on long term contracts makes them lazy in my opinion........

Comment

Working...
            X