Clear All

Originally posted by swanleyhoop View Post
    Ouch!:devil:
    I'll add now...

Within reason
    Your mum would love me...

Comment

Roll up, roll up

Come on mate, stick your head in these stocks and we'll lob a bit of rotten fruit at you.

Don't worry it's all in the job description!

Don't you tell me to **** off!

Comment

Originally posted by swanleyhoop View Post
        1. Speak for yourself!
        2. The booers/abusers are still the minority.
        3. Criticism put on MB's -- well, the players don't have to come on here, so if there's any steam to be let off this is the sort of place to do it.

Personally, I never boo at games -- and will stop Dan from booing as well.
        And I will always applaud.
        Because there are always some players, even if not all, who deserve it.
        It felt like there was only about a dozen of us applauding away to Colchester last season -- despite a promising debut from Vine and a good game from Ephraim -- glad I did, because Hogan gave me his shirt.
        Thanks for taking the collective we as an admission of guilt on my part. For the record I've never booed my own team or players, including Furlong in the early days. I'm very vocal when it comes to criticising this type of behaviour and I was also very outspoken about the songs sung this season at Watford and Doncaster in particular.
        Whilst it may seem to be a minority thing, I recall that day at Watford as being particularly sad - yes the performance was dire but the reaction from a large majority of those in attendance was disgusting. I was equally embarrased by what those watching on Sky reported as "the entire crowd" booing and chanting anti-Sousa/Mahon songs at the Ipswich game - even though it was a minority and I was one of the vast majority applauding Mahon after the initial reaction - it was still shameful and indicative of how the crowd has been at LR this season. Finally, the songs that got aired at Doncaster this season provoked an openly angry response from one fan but there was a silent majority thinking exactly the same thing as him.
        For the record, I don't believe any players come and read what's written on here or other boards, if they do, well they are used to reading what the press think and it's no worse than that so I agree it is the best place for it - only too many (ok the minority but not such a small minority as you suggest) are taking this to the ground under the guise of "I'm entitled given the amount of money I spend".
        Last edited by Bluehoop; 08-04-2009, 03:17 PM.
        #standuptocancer
        #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
          here we go again.

Ainsworth was in temporary charge

De canio was not sacked, if hadn;'t had personal problems he would still be here today.

the only manager sacked in the last 18 months was dowie
          Pretty sure John Gregory didn't resign. No idea if LDC's personal problems arose before he was employed or during, but again if it was before, the Board have not done proper due diligence before employing him. And I'm sure I remember Ecclestone saying that the board knew he wouldn't stay beyond the season.

Comment

Have not been to an Rs sponsorship do but have been to a couple of Brighton ones as my company has links with them and it sounds pretty similar. They are told to stay until a set time, some will mingle together and disappear the first chance they get, others will happily talk with fans before disappearing early and a few will happily mingle, chat to fans, give autographs etc.

To be fair on one of the events one of the club staff told me the players were only allowed to stay until a certain time due to training the next day.

Comment

we may have better players than we had a couple of years ago but the feelgood factor at QPR has gone. this is the fault of the Flavio dictatorship.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                Thanks for taking the collective we as an admission of guilt on my part. For the record I've never booed my own team or players, including Furlong in the early days. I'm very vocal when it comes to criticising this type of behaviour and I was also very outspoken about the songs sung this season at Watford and Doncaster in particular.
                Whilst it may seem to be a minority thing, I recall that day at Watford as being particularly sad - yes the performance was dire but the reaction from a large majority of those in attendance was disgusting. I was equally embarrased by what those watching on Sky reported as "the entire crowd" booing and chanting anti-Sousa/Mahon songs at the Ipswich game - even though it was a minority and I was one of the vast majority applauding Mahon after the initial reaction - it was still shameful and indicative of how the crowd has been at LR this season. Finally, the songs that got aired at Doncaster this season provoked an openly angry response from one fan but there was a silent majority thinking exactly the same thing as him.
                For the record, I don't believe any players come and read what's written on here or other boards, if they do, well they are used to reading what the press think and it's no worse than that so I agree it is the best place for it - only too many (ok the minority but not such a small minority as you suggest) are taking this to the ground under the guise of "I'm entitled given the amount of money I spend".
                Well, then you and I are of like minds, and you can understand my irritation when the implication is that the abuse is by all fans -- when rowly had a pop about it I felt really angry to be tarred with the same brush as those who do.
                Have never, and will never, boo or shout abuse.
                Can't see the point.
                Picking up on your last point, this business of "I've paid therefore I'm entitled to...", well, when you pay money to watch football you don't know whether you're going to see good or bad that day -- but THAT'S what makes it different from the cinema, theatre etc. -- the unpredictable. People spend their money in that full knowledge.

Not having a pop at you -- just my original response was because it's a sore point with me!
                Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

They leave early every year they are normally only there for about an hour and a half not even that probably

Comment

Don't think you can equate footballers to office work.When i finish work, i don't turn round to 1-2000 fans of my work,who have been watching all day making deals etc and applaud them.

Footballers are more fickle than the fans.I have never agreed with booing a player - but feel that after every match fans should acknowledge the crowd win lose or draw.If 2000 fans make the effort to travel to Blackpool on a Tuesday night and we play sh.t - the players should go to our away away section and ackowledge their support and the fact that they were sh.t.If QPR or any football team arrange an event POTY -Sponsors etc...in my opinion the players have a duty to sit and talk and mingle with the fans that have also made the effort to attend.

We maybe losing money at moment - but if zero fans turned up to any matches - every week. would that team continue to compete in a league?Stupid question - but fans are vital for any football club and its about time these jumped up little overpaid tarts realised this.

Comment

"...jumped up little overpaid tarts..."

Seems we have more now than in the past few years.

Comment

Sorry Swanleyhoop - its just how i feel watching footballers these days.In it for the money, kiss the badge and f..k off.

Gareth Ainsworth is old school and an exception.Im sure there are a few more at QPR - just none spring to mind.However - if you are getting booed from sections of the crowd - llok at cerny and how sh.t he was treated.Plus mahon...not sure now whether to blame the players or the fans(lol)

Comment

Originally posted by Spencer View Post
                          Sorry Swanleyhoop - its just how i feel watching footballers these days.In it for the money, kiss the badge and f..k off.

Gareth Ainsworth is old school and an exception.Im sure there are a few more at QPR - just none spring to mind.However - if you are getting booed from sections of the crowd - llok at cerny and how sh.t he was treated.Plus mahon...not sure now whether to blame the players or the fans(lol)
                          No need to apologise -- I agree with you!
                          You don't have to go back that far to a time when you felt there was more mutual respect between players and fans.
                          If only they could all follow Ainsworth's example -- he never minds giving up time to talk to the fans.
                          Furlong, Bircham, Padula and the much-maligned Richard Langley would too.
                          And probably several others of that era.
                          Now? Errrr... you'd have to think.

Comment

Should be a great night at the POTY dinner in a few weeks. Players looking really fed up and waiting for the right moment to get out of the place. I will put ££££ that Garath Answorth will stay till the end.
                            This and all for just £70 a pop Have fun

Comment

Originally posted by BigShark View Post
                              Should be a great night at the POTY dinner in a few weeks. Players looking really fed up and waiting for the right moment to get out of the place. I will put ££££ that Garath Answorth will stay till the end.
                              This and all for just £70 a pop Have fun
                              We'll if you're lucky, you may get to meet me and we can dance the night away whilst crying about the way our club is run
                              Your mum would love me...

Comment

she/he will cry the moment they meet you.

Thats for sure
                                ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                                THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Working...
                                X