Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do we not actually realise how good we have it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we not actually realise how good we have it?

All season i have been a fly on the wall on this site posting sometimes but mostly staying out of the way. It seems to me most if not all of the users to this site and others will not be happy until there are paying a pound for a season ticket and watching us play man utd style football......
    The main thing that i have noticed as with all clubs is the WHO plays WHERE debates and the WHO signed WHO debate, frankly i couldn't give two hoots. The playing staff now is better then its been since the dizzy heights of 96'.
    If you look at it this way, who in our team could play for lets say Wolves, Brum or Reading the answer is quite a few..... managers and players will come and go, but i hope that the days of Andy Thomson and DouDou being our heros are long gone and the future is based around the likes of Vine, Buzacky and Connelly etc cos that is on my mind more then the price of a ticket or who signed who.....
    thanks for reading and come on you r'ssssssssssssss

Originally posted by qprcarlos View Post
    All season i have been a fly on the wall on this site posting sometimes but mostly staying out of the way. It seems to me most if not all of the users to this site and others will not be happy until there are paying a pound for a season ticket and watching us play man utd style football......
    The main thing that i have noticed as with all clubs is the WHO plays WHERE debates and the WHO signed WHO debate, frankly i couldn't give two hoots. The playing staff now is better then its been since the dizzy heights of 96'.
    If you look at it this way, who in our team could play for lets say Wolves, Brum or Reading the answer is quite a few..... managers and players will come and go, but i hope that the days of Andy Thomson and DouDou being our heros are long gone and the future is based around the likes of Vine, Buzacky and Connelly etc cos that is on my mind more then the price of a ticket or who signed who.....
    thanks for reading and come on you r'ssssssssssssss
    Not only that, we think we have it bad, have you seen the state of Birmingham's pitch? Makes ours look like a bowling green
    #standuptocancer
    #inyourfacecancer

Comment

"The playing staff now is better then its been since the dizzy heights of 96'"
      My ####, the promotion team of 2003/4 would have beaten the shower currently on display.

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
        My ####, the promotion team of 2003/4 would have beaten the shower currently on display.
        No they wouldnt
        Under Les Ferdinand:
        Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
        Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
        Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
        Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
        And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

thank you qpr.............

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
            Are you insane?
            Mate...We've moved on much further.
            The only problem is...so have all the other squads in the league.
            The calibre of player at this club, and all other clubs in this league is far greater than the 03/04 season.
            There are plenty of top players in this league.
            Your mum would love me...

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post
              No they wouldnt
              So true ... this is the best squad in years. When was the last time we were competitive against the top teams at this level, beating Wolves and Birmingham, 2 draws against Reading, a draw and a loss against Cardiff.

I know the big word is the c word but I think results suggest that this squad is pretty good. Apart from the fact we cant score, but the striker thing is well known at this stage. And as depressing as 10 0-0's is, it's 10 clean sheets plus a few more narrow 1-0's!

Comment

The team that played Sheffield Wednesday on the last day of the 2003/4 season would have beaten the team that drew against Crystal palace on Saturday.

Comment

would that be the same team in 96 that were relegated ? our present squad and our hopes are built around Buszaky, Vine and Rowlands the rest are fairly mediocre - when you've stumped up £600 for a season ticket you're really entitled to better football than we've been dished up - lets be fair a few more bad results could've seen us struggling to stay up - alternatively a few our nil nil draws could've been turned into 3 points had we purchased a GOOD striker during the close season - which to be fair most season ticket holders probably expected - in answer to your question which of our squad could play for the top 3 or 4 teams as they stand at present - the answer is hardly any mate !

Comment

Team Vs Sheff Weds 03/04

Camp ,Padula ,Carlisle,Rose ,Edghill,Ainsworth ,Bircham,Johnson,Rowlands,Furlong ,Gallen

Team Vs Crystal Palace 08/09

Cerny, Ramage, Gorkks, Connelly, Delaney, Ephraim, Routledge, Tarabbt, Miller, Leigetwood, Di Carmine

You choose!!

Comment

crossborderexile what you say is bang on mate but i think if you truly look at our squad you will find quite a few players that could play for the top 3 i think your being a little harsh.... Buzacky, Connelly, Gorkss and even Cerny to name but a few......

Comment

Originally posted by waggadaddy View Post
                        Team Vs Sheff Weds 03/04

Camp ,Padula ,Carlisle,Rose ,Edghill,Ainsworth ,Bircham,Johnson,Rowlands,Furlong ,Gallen

Team Vs Crystal Palace 08/09

Cerny, Ramage, Gorkks, Connelly, Delaney, Ephraim, Routledge, Tarabbt, Miller, Leigetwood, Di Carmine

You choose!!
                        Haha, clearly wrong.

Only Carlisle and Rowlands plus Furs (if at that age and form) would get into the current squad.

Comment

Personally I think the team on Saturday would win....There was definitely more passion in the team Vs Sheff Weds but much more quality in the team on Saturday but for some reason or another didn't perform.....Would be quite close though...

Squad wise there is absolutely no comparison....and PaulMason even you must admit that?

When the potential team can be the following.

Cerny, Connelly, Stewart, Gorrks, Leigetwood, Routledge, Buszaky, Rowlands, Vine, Ageymang, Lopez

Comment

i'll go for the team v Palace that has 4 current or ex international footballers, 3 ex england under 21 international, 1 loanee whos class and a young striker whos on the books with a top 4 seri A side!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by waggadaddy View Post
                              Personally I think the team on Saturday would win....There was definitely more passion in the team Vs Sheff Weds but much more quality in the team on Saturday but for some reason or another didn't perform.....Would be quite close though...

Squad wise there is absolutely no comparison....and PaulMason even you must admit that?

When the potential team can be the following.

Cerny, Connelly, Stewart, Gorrks, Leigetwood, Routledge, Buszaky, Rowlands, Vine, Ageymang, Lopez
                              Exactly right.

If this team had that passion and beliefe, we'd all be happy.
                              Unfortunately, the current set up seems to be having a terrible effect on team morale.

Comment

Working...
                              X