No announcement yet.

I'm back...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tarbie. He scored for them against us in the championship before they were relegated and was the best player on the pitch. Good engine and for me would be perfect in a system built around Eze in a free role as Cousins can cover the ground and break play up.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
      Tarbie. He scored for them against us in the championship before they were relegated and was the best player on the pitch. Good engine and for me would be perfect in a system built around Eze in a free role as Cousins can cover the ground and break play up.
      Fair enough, clearly I'd forgotten about that.

So what's your thinking then mate? Form? Still finding his feet? Confidence?

Looks really limited in central midfield at this level for me. Clearly it's a useful thing to have a player in the middle with a good engine. But I do feel that a central midfielder at this level should really have a bit more in terms of genuine ability that Cousins has shown in a QPR shirt so far.

Comment

My thinking would be to not waste the talent in Eze and Smyth by getting them playing in our half so would have him in a Derry type role where he breaks up play and sits which then allows Luongo to go forward. Too often this year we have been too slow in the way we play so next season change it and play with pace and freedom.

Comment

Central midfield got absolutely dominated second half.

Clearly shows to me that out of the midfield, you should not drop Scowen against a team that likes to rough players up.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
            Central midfield got absolutely dominated second half.

Clearly shows to me that out of the midfield, you should not drop Scowen against a team that likes to rough players up.
            Good shout mate. I think we missed Scowen in there at the weekend. We actually looked worse when Cousin went off I thought. Not that he had a spectacular game, but the introduction of Freeman and the removal of Cousins workrate made us look a lot weaker.

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
              hope you had a good holiday ginger, phone aside, i missed the games too but managed to watch online. maybe we should just quit going to games as we're clearly bad luck charms
              Cheers corbs, the phone being smashed didn't spoil the holiday a jot, my daughter and I had a great time
              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
              Pawel Wszolek - 6
              Luke Freeman - 6
              Matt Smith - 6
              Ebere Eze - 4
              Joel Lynch - 3
              Tomer Hemed - 3
              Toni Leistner - 2
              Massimo Luongo- 2
              Angel Rangel - 2
              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
              Geoff Cameron - 1
              Aramide Oteh - 1
              Jake Bidwell - 1
              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                Good shout mate. I think we missed Scowen in there at the weekend. We actually looked worse when Cousin went off I thought. Not that he had a spectacular game, but the introduction of Freeman and the removal of Cousins workrate made us look a lot weaker.
                That sub did coincide with their goal which may have changed the dynamics though to be fair.

Comment

Lost the balance in the middle of the park and none of them had the discipline to hold. Never got that substitution as no need at that point and if Cousins is coming off then Scowen not Freeman should replace him.

Comment

We all are!

Comment

Working...
                    X